One of the problems associated with summer fishing is the stress on fish directly related to post catch angler handling and water temps. George was the fist person I personally met with an O2 setup for his HSB, and I needed to find a better way to at least give my caught fish a fighting chance as well.

I was on the Bass Cat website last month, and saw mention of a new Tiger system available as an option on their 2017 boats. This O2 system was originally developed in a partnership between TPWD and Premier Industries, a company that manufactures custom regulars for industrial use. The purpose of the partnership was lowering post weigh in tournament caught LMB deaths, that even though alive when weighed in, often still died soon after being released back into the host lake. In this case, they designed a small combo O2 regulator/reducer preset for low water volume, high fish volume scenarios. This seemed perfect for pond owners using ice chests.

Although I haven't "stressed" this system yet, I'll do so in the next few weeks when we start moving fish in earnest. With the Point 4(now Pentair) micro diffuser, and the regulator/flowmeter, I have about $130 invested. The small O2 bottle, ice chest, and hose I already had.

At some point I'll get the Bad Brian over here with his DO meter, and try to get some actual factual numbers, but at this point, what I really need to know is how many pounds of fish can safely be handled in a 150 quart cooler using this rig. Hopefully, I'll know that soon, and the numbers will be good.

2011 TPWD article on livewell Oxygen.
2011 TPWD PowerPoint on regulator/reducer system

Attached Images
F47F3359-AA6D-45DD-8B84-F0E2E02F5D61 copy_zpsqpw7ulgb.jpg
Last edited by FireIsHot; 06/01/18 09:11 AM.

AL