Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Shotgun01, Dan H, Stipker, LunkerHunt23, Jeanjules
18,451 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,902
Posts557,113
Members18,452
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,417
ewest 21,475
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,112
Who's Online Now
1 members (Boondoggle), 650 guests, and 149 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#456828 09/30/16 07:03 PM
C
CMM Offline OP
OP Offline
C

He drove the black '66 out to Virginia from Missouri, and towed the '70 home. Shunning the use of my Dodge truck and the flatbed trailer.

Both of them in the sun.

Eagerly awaiting the completion of the barn for them to reside in.

Another pic of them looking pretty side by side. These belong to my husband, I am allowed to drive them under duress. His panties twist a little, but it does happen. And, yes, there IS a Mustang grill ornament on the Fairlane. It is there only to confuse people. It works. The Galaxie is all original, even the paint. I don't know how much longer the paint will last though. And I did have the front seat recovered for him as a Christmas gift a few years ago.

Now it is you guys' turn to post your babies.

CMM

S
Lunker
Lunker
S

I know I am too old, but I love the little Z cars. Always have.

Scott Hanners
Lunker
Lunker
We have several projects stored out in the barn and machine shed. A 67 Mercury Cougar GT, a 70 Chevy short box 4WD, and a 67 GMC short box 2WD. Just need to find the time to get working on them. The Chevy is my gramps old pick up.

C
CMM Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted By: Shorty
We have several projects stored out in the barn and machine shed. A 67 Mercury Cougar GT, a 70 Chevy short box 4WD, and a 67 GMC short box 2WD. Just need to find the time to get working on them. The Chevy is my gramps old pick up.

Shorty, love the fact that you have your Gramps' truck. We have an old ford truck that has had so much rebuild, it's hard to tell the year, but it was Grandpas. The 66 belonged to a cousin and the 70 was my bil's. I guess we are the repository for family vehicles.

CMM

C
CMM Offline OP
OP Offline
C

These are Flame's cars. I will let him talk about them. But WOW. No wonder he says they have taken home the trophies at so many shows.

CMM

F
F
Thanks so much CMM for getting the pictures up! I tried all kinds of ways and just couldn't make it happen. Maybe I better just stick to painting cars. I didn't even take time to clean them. Just threw the car covers off and shot ya'll some photos. Hope you like. Thanks again CMM!!

Dear Alcohol, We had a deal where you would make me funnier, smarter, and a better dancer... I saw the video... We need to talk.
C
CMM Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Tell us about the history. What shape were they in when you got them. Obviously the street rod has one or two mods on it. Did you do all the work yourself? Do you stretch the legs on the once in a while, or save them for shows? Details man, details.

CMM

F
F
Yes I do all my own work. Everything, bodywork,paint,upholstery,headliners,and all the mechanics. If it wasn't so hard I would post before and after photos Ha! The mustang is a true 1969 Mach 1 with the 351 Windsor engine and auto trans. I had it shipped to me from California. It was originally Candy apple red from 1969. (not the candy apple red you know today). Had to replace floor pan and trunk pan and normal body work. I mixed the yellow color myself and named it Seller Yeller! They have a resale or retail red so why not? I do cruise around from time to time in both of these cars and ALWAYS DRIVE THEM to car shows. No trailering allowed at any of the shows I go to. The 1933 Fordor sedan was my first dream car. My father retired from Ford and he loved these cars. He brought me home a model kit that he and I assembled together of one of these and as a child it sat on my dresser for many years dreaming of one day maybe owning one! Never give up on your dreams. On that note... when I was 13 I saw my first new 1969 Mach 1 on the dealership floor where my dad worked and just fell in love all over again. I towed the 1933 back to Texas from Souix Falls South Dakota. It was all steel and all original with spoke wheels and a flathead v-8 engine. All of 100 hp.! I sold the original chassis,motor,tranny and all to SoCal Street Rods in California. I already had a original 1933 chassis with a Chevy 350 and auto tranny ready to go. Installed a Ford Explorer rearend and 4 wheel disc brakes. Kept the front straight axel. It is loud!!! Those 4 pipes coming out each side are not just for looks! They are straight with NO mufflers. Hope you enjoy the photos.

Dear Alcohol, We had a deal where you would make me funnier, smarter, and a better dancer... I saw the video... We need to talk.
Great stories and pics! Thank you both for sharing!

Flame, very impressive work and attention to detail! Beautiful cars!!!

Autobody is what I got my degree in back in '82 and although I'm nearing 30 years in the insurance field I still love to tinker and have worked on several projects over the years, but I'm still anxiously waiting for the right full restoration project. To date my most recent was restoring and customizing a golf cart for my folks. I know, not exactly the restoration project I was looking for, but I got to clean up a heavily scratched up body and pick up a paint gun after 30 years,,, and picked up right where I left off. It was a blast, it turned out great and now I really have the itch!

Thanks again for sharing, Cim and Flame!

Keith - Still Lovin Livin

https://youtu.be/o-R41Rfx0k0
(a short video tribute to the PB members we met on our 5 week fishing adventure)

Formerly: 2ac LMB,HSB,BG,HBG,RES
C
CMM Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Very impressive. I will admit, I had to ask the husband if it was a typo that you had a 350 in the 33. He assured me it was ok for people to put Chevy engines in Fords. I like looking, just don't know much. I like the fact that you do all the work yourself Flame. And Seller Yeller is both funny and looks hot.

If you want to send a couple before pics, I would like to see them, and I will post them here for anyone else interested.

Keith, I think I remember your golf cart pics from another thread, or maybe FB? Nice ride. I bet there are shows for carts too. Another hobby for you. Lol.

CMM

F
F
CMM, small block 350 chevy motors in fords is the norm for most streetrodders. They are small and compact and adapt to just about anything! Plus you can get a lot of horsepower out of them for little money and they are very dependable. More parts available for them also. Thanks for the offer of posting more photos. Glad you like them.

D
D
Sweet rides Flame. Most project cars around here are roached from road salt. Been busy with a new home build and odds and ends finishing up before I get back to the projects.

I am a mopar guy whole harted. Got rid of all my small block parts but a few gasket sets and only do big block stuff. 383,400, and 440. Working on an 85 dodge ram with a big block.

Really want to lay my hands on a notch back cuda 67-69. Just a prostreet roller would be perfect.

Last major builds were restores. Hot roding is much cheaper now a days then restoring rides. Resto-mods are the in thing. The old look with all new suspension and power. The 74 cuda was a mess but resurrected from the dead to run the road again. Current project is a 69 valiant 2 door post with a 440 and 4 speed. Tubed to the frame with 13.5"X28's on the rear. Glass fenders and hood. I need some time to bend up the inner fenders for the headers. Some zus clips need welded on then shes ready for paint.

Worst thing is when you don't have the time you have the money and when you have the time you don't have the money.

Cheers Don.

Last edited by DonoBBD; 10/03/16 06:52 AM.

[Linked Image from corvettejunkie.com]
http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4

7/8th of an acre, Perch only pond, Ontario, Canada.
Lunker
Lunker

F
F
Very nice cat Shorty! Love those wheels. I still have about 4 sets of those vintage slotted mags from the 60's. I still have the set I drove to highschool on. Had them on a 1967 F100. Nice color on that GT.

C
C
What amazes me is how did folks like Flame realize when they were in high school that the tires on the car they drove will be very valuable and desirable and think to hold on to them with the 'mentality' of a high schooler where planning for next week can be a struggle?

I read of people who bought a 'muscle car' in high school and somehow they had the foresight to know that it is best to not drive it and store it instead. That amazes me. Even the run of the mill car of the time folks somehow knew enough to hold on to.

although I think fondly of my first car and would give a lot to just slip back in the drivers seat and experience that car again for memories sake, I would have never guessed that any car that I drove, or my friends drove would be valuable. I was just glad to be able to have a car and have a way to get from point A to B.

I do however remember that a girl I dated had bought a camaro (can't recall year, but looking at images online I'm going to say 1976-79, original lime green paint (I believe looking online it must have been code 40), fin on the back but don't recall that it was the z24 version. Also online picture all have some kind of air scoop in the hood, but this hood did not have any air intake on it.

It had an automatic tranny, 2 doors, hard top all painted same color) that was in great condition, low miles, no rust, original everything. Her aunt was a single 'spinster' and had bought the car while in high school. The single aunt drove it like a grandma and took good care of it then handed it down in the family to my girlfriend. My girlfriend was this very meek, mild girl, never a rebellious streak and certainly wouldn't have any idea what to do with all the power under the hood. She probably did more harm in building up carbon by never clearing out the engine/exhaust by put-putting around town. She probably bought it from her aunt in 1991 or 1992 and it had like 60,000 miles on it, no rust, great shape. If the aunt had put it for sale it would have brought a tidy sum from the muscle car enthusiasts.

Here is my search online with one that has a similar interior although this is a 1979 (hers interior was black) and similar wheels although her wheels were not painted green. Hers was not a Z- but the body and top look almost identical including the fin on the back.

When my girlfriend wanted a better car for winter driving someone got a very nice deal on a very nice car! That was the only sports car I got to drive. She had more people interested in the original wheels than the car itself smile

I don't know, looking again, at these pictures, maybe it was a 1976 as they said the color code 40 was only in that year and these pictures are certainly the color of her car.

I guess I should just call her up and see what year her car was right smile

closer match, 1976

Last edited by canyoncreek; 10/04/16 11:59 AM.
F
F
First of all Canyon Creek,I purchased that 67 truck with hard earned money as a teenager working all kinds of jobs to pay for it. I bought that set of wheels and put them on lay a way until paid off!! I drove that truck until around 1985 and when I sold it I told them the wheels don't go with it. I boxed them up and have been holding on to them ever since! Other sets that I have acquired have been taken off cars I have bought over the years. Don't forget my Dad retired from Ford and had a great insite on what cars were really desirable. Though even he was blown away with how much money they are bringing. one day I will find just the right vehicle to honor by putting those wheels on it. Who knows...might just be another 1967 F100!

CMM, do our babies have to have wheels?

AL

C
CMM Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted By: FireIsHot
CMM, do our babies have to have wheels?

Fire, if you've got something hot to post, post away. Well, keep it semi-appropriate at least.

Last edited by CMM; 10/05/16 07:59 PM. Reason: I am an idjet. Fire, not flame.

CMM

Well then this is my 2005 Bass Cat Pantera Classic. She's a narrow 19'er that'll just scream. I haven't had her in the water since I've moved to the farm, but I'm thinking this may be my last big water boat. All the wood previously used in the stringers and transom was gone by this model year, and so there's just not much that can go wrong with the hull. The motor's always another story.

AL

C
CMM Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Very pretty Fire. And totally appropriate too. Did you get the truck to match the boat color or vice versa? And a customized trailer plate!

CMM

N
Nad Offline
N
Most recent toy, have had many others in the years past. Currently have this, an '06 Duramax, and a daily driver Jeep Cherokee.

Apparently I don't know how to embed a picture...Been doing web design for years, and been on dozens of forums, and just can't figure this out.

Attached Images
14224685_1247089581992183_2867208262239099024_n.jpg
CMM, that's my wife's truck, and we got it after the boat.

She always drives Fords, I always drive Chevys.

AL

C
CMM Offline OP
OP Offline
C

This is some more of Flame's work. 1970 Terry Bass Boat that he restored. Launch party is tomorrow, bring your own beer he said. That's what you said, right Flame? Hee Hee.

CMM

F
F
Thanks for posting Cmm! I restored a little 10 ft flat bottom and that is just not enough room for the wife and I. She almost fell out the first time we went out in it! I was wanting to build s deckboat or pontoon boat like your husband built but thought it might be a little safer to have some deep side walls. And... I purchased this rig, boat, motor, and trailer (I took the 50 hp Johnson off and put it in the shop) for ONLY $200!!! Did a little fiberglass and paint work and we are ready to go! I'll let you know how the launch goes.

Very cool Flame, very cool.

As you know, there's thousands of those old boats just sitting on the side of the road around here. I told my wife if we ever win the lottery, I'll just hire somebody to take care of this place, and I'd referb old fiberglass boats.

These old boats are kind of like the old cars. You can fix most anything in your home garage, and you don't need an electronics degree to figure out what's wrong. I hope there's always an appeal for those older classics.

AL

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
cro, HC1968
Recent Posts
Relative weight charts in Excel ? Calculations?
by jpsdad - 03/28/24 09:45 PM
pond experience needed
by jbird5986 - 03/28/24 09:39 PM
Alum vs Bentonite/Lathanum for Phosphorus Removal?
by FishinRod - 03/28/24 08:28 PM
New pond middle TN: establishing food chain?
by Bill Cody - 03/28/24 07:57 PM
Happy Birthday Bob Lusk!!
by FireIsHot - 03/28/24 07:33 PM
Working on a .5acre disaster, I mean pond.
by PRCS - 03/28/24 06:39 PM
Fungus infection on fish
by nvcdl - 03/28/24 06:07 PM
Can anyone ID these minnows?
by Dylanfrely - 03/28/24 05:43 PM
1 year after stocking question
by esshup - 03/28/24 04:48 PM
Yellow Perch Spawn 2024
by H20fwler - 03/28/24 04:29 PM
New 2 acre pond stocking plan
by LANGSTER - 03/28/24 03:49 PM
Paper-shell crayfish and Japanese snails