Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Shotgun01, Dan H, Stipker, LunkerHunt23, Jeanjules
18,451 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,899
Posts557,058
Members18,451
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,407
ewest 21,474
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,110
Who's Online Now
16 members (emactxag, jpsdad, Dave Davidson1, Saratznj, Donatello, Layne, Freg, Sunil, tws3, rjackson, jludwig, Shorthose, DenaTroyer, Theo Gallus, Tinylake, catscratch), 652 guests, and 185 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
If that's untreated wood you better pull it sooner then a month or so... Just don't think it will last long in the weather without something on it. Cool idea though very nice!!

RC

The only difference between a rut and a Grave is the depth. So get up get out of that rut and get moving!! Time to work!!
C
CMM Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Yeah Flame, those are sweet cars. Why did you sell yours? Something even better in the garage??

Story on the Fairlane is that my husband drove his 66 Galaxie to VIRGINIA with a tow bar and towed the Fairlane home to Missouri. He said if the Galaxie broke down he would switch the tow bar around. Thankfully he didn't have to. I told him to take my truck and the flat bed trailer. OH NO, he wanted the antique (or close enough) to tow the classic 1,000 miles. He hadn't had the Fairlane home for a week when the local cops gave him a warning for leaving rubber in the road. Silly man.

CMM

F
F
CMM, I have a 1969 Mustang Mach1 that I fully restored and a Bonnie and Clyde car a 1933 fordor sedan all steel I made into a streetrod. I have been painting and restoring old cars for many years. I try to sell one or two a year but those two I mentioned are like a member of the family!! I towed my 1933 to Texas from Souix Falls South Dakota where I bought it except it was on a U-Haul trailer.

Dear Alcohol, We had a deal where you would make me funnier, smarter, and a better dancer... I saw the video... We need to talk.
C
CMM Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted By: Flame
CMM, I have a 1969 Mustang Mach1 that I fully restored and a Bonnie and Clyde car a 1933 fordor sedan all steel I made into a streetrod. I have been painting and restoring old cars for many years. I try to sell one or two a year but those two I mentioned are like a member of the family!! I towed my 1933 to Texas from Souix Falls South Dakota where I bought it except it was on a U-Haul trailer.

Awesome. I bet you got plenty of thumbs up on the trip. Mike and I have a deal, for every old car he gets, I get a new gun. Works for me. Plus, he builds me ponds and takes my crazy ideas and turns them into boats.

Do you take your cars to shows?

CMM

F
F
Yes I do. Next one is in November. I have been very fortunant. Those 2 cars have won over 35 top awards in some pretty tough competitions. Good luck with your projects!!

Dear Alcohol, We had a deal where you would make me funnier, smarter, and a better dancer... I saw the video... We need to talk.
Alright you two, enough is enough! This talk about classic cars can not continue without pictures.

Pictures please, we need pictures!

Cim, I've seen Mike's Fords and they both are worthy of sharing. And Flame, The Mach 1 and '33 ????

Pictures, please!

Keith - Still Lovin Livin

https://youtu.be/o-R41Rfx0k0
(a short video tribute to the PB members we met on our 5 week fishing adventure)

Formerly: 2ac LMB,HSB,BG,HBG,RES
Zep Offline
Hall of Fame 2014
Hall of Fame 2014
Originally Posted By: Lovnlivin
This talk about classic cars can not continue without pictures. Pictures please, we need pictures!

I know right? Thinkin the same thang!

Fishing has never been about the fish....

C
CMM Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I would love to see pics of Flames cars. I will see if I can find one of both of hubby's 500's together to post.

CMM

S
S
I have seen Flames cars and they are super nice. He put a lot of time and effort into them
Joe

F
F
Hey Smokey Joe!! You better start getting on this forum more! I didn't even know that was you. Thanks for the nice comments about my cars. If I can figure out how to post photos I will put a couple on here. Stay in touch!

C
CMM Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted By: Flame
Hey Smokey Joe!! You better start getting on this forum more! I didn't even know that was you. Thanks for the nice comments about my cars. If I can figure out how to post photos I will put a couple on here. Stay in touch!

Ah, Flame, if I can figure it out, so can you. Promise.

CMM

F
F
well, I attempted to put photos of the cars on but it keeps telling me the size is too large. I have no idea how to make them smaller to be accepted on the forum. I downloaded the photos from my phone to my computer and have been trying to put them on the forum from my computer. So far no luck. Any advise??

Here's what I do when I hit that problem uploading image files to the forum file manager.

I store the pics on my computer and then go into My Computer, select the pics, right click, hit send to, enter my e-mail address, select pic size and then e-mail them to myself. My Computer reduces the size a bunch.

Good Luck!

[Linked Image]
Be Brave Enough to Suck at Something New!
F
F
Wow!! Thanks Bill. I'll give it a try. Does anyone else think this seems like a lot to go through to put a picture on here?

Another idea, and one I use is to open the folder with the pics (usually my camera), right-click on the one you've chosen and click "edit". When the edit program opens I then click on "Resize". It shows up at 100% and I just replace that with 30% because my photo are huge! Then click on "Save as" from the "file" tab and name it and save it in the appropriate folder. If you need to make it even smaller, repeat the steps from the folder you saved it in as it's now much smaller than the original.

Then when I upload it to Photobucket it's usually around 500-700kb instead of 3.5mg. Takes up much less space on the hard drive and uploads much faster to Photobucket. Regardless of the program you use to post photos here, the pic itself (file size) is now much smaller.

When I right-click on the photo to "Edit", here's what I see:

Then click "Resize". This is what the "Resize" window looks like and the only number I change is the top "Horizontal", the vertical automatically follows suit:

Then click on the blue "File" tab (as seen in the top photo) to access the "Save as". Then save it where you want it.

And if you're new with Photobucket, from the "library" the "IMG" link is the one you will copy/paste into your PB message:

And if you click on the photo to open it (in Photo Bucket), you'll see this to the right of the photo, and just by clicking on the "IMG" window it automatically copies and you just paste it in your message.

Just my $.02 and what works for me (because I don't know any better). And it might seem like a lot of steps but it's actually pretty quick.

(hopefully this message will breed even a better and quicker way from other members!)

Keith - Still Lovin Livin

https://youtu.be/o-R41Rfx0k0
(a short video tribute to the PB members we met on our 5 week fishing adventure)

Formerly: 2ac LMB,HSB,BG,HBG,RES
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Bob Lusk, GaryK, GrizzFan, PhotographerDave
Recent Posts
Happy Birthday Bob Lusk!!
by Dave Davidson1 - 03/28/24 07:52 AM
Relative weight charts in Excel ? Calculations?
by jpsdad - 03/28/24 07:40 AM
Brooder Shiners and Fry, What to do??
by Freg - 03/28/24 07:28 AM
Reducing fish biomass
by esshup - 03/27/24 06:17 PM
New 2 acre pond stocking plan
by esshup - 03/27/24 06:05 PM
1 year after stocking question
by esshup - 03/27/24 06:02 PM
Questions and Feedback on SMB
by Donatello - 03/27/24 03:10 PM
Paper-shell crayfish and Japanese snails