Guys - rebuilding a pond. Great watershed during rainy season... Question, considering adding a well to keep the pond topped off in the summer dry periods, (Montgomery, TX between Houston and College Station) and to add calcium to the water, as there is none in the water according the the consulting firm I have been using... I either treat the water or pump water into the pond that is just over 1 acre in size and get calcium from the well water... We have piney of that here... I plan on stocking with bass and crappy. I will also add aeration to the pond soon. the cost of the well is about the same as a few years of treating the pond which will only end up in lake Conroe it's a good rain...

I ran a cross this article in my research regarding pumping from the pond and turf grass --
https://www.pondboss.com/free_articles.asp?id=57

Why is it bad for grass? The other consideration I am giving this is considering evaporation, etc. should I just irrigate form the wells and not from the pond? I have a contractor that is considering a well to keep the pond topped off in the dry periods and put f a submersible pump on a skid in the pond to irrigate from but I maybe more of a waste than good due to evaporation etc of the water during the hot summer months...

Any input ?

Jeff Williams
Montgomery, TX