Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
victortechy, fishengelbert, Woody Jones, Joe7328, Reno Guerra
18,475 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,937
Posts557,714
Members18,476
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,493
ewest 21,489
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,134
Who's Online Now
14 members (FishinRod, Donatello, Reno403, catscratch, Theeck, canyoncreek, Theo Gallus, Mainer, Abaggs, Bigtrh24, Sunil, Don Kennedy, phinfan, John Folchetti), 799 guests, and 226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
A
A
Pickup is Grand Prairie?

7ac 2015 CNBG RES FHM 2016 TP FLMB 2017 NLMB GSH L 2018 TP & 70 HSB PK 2019 TP RBT 2020 TFS TP 25 HSB 250 F1,L,RBT -206 2021 TFS TP GSH L,-312 2022 GSH TP CR TFS RBT -234, 2023 BG TP TFS NLMB, -160

C
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
C
Yes. Food should be here by the end of next week. I'll keep everyone updated.

Chris,

I'll take 3 bags of the BG version.

Brian

The one thing is the one thing
A dry fly catches no fish
Try not to be THAT 10%
C
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
C
Brian,

That should make all the bags spoken for.

Food has shipped and will be here early next week. I'll message everyone to figure out pickup details once it gets here.

Sounds great, thanks for answering the questions.

Brian

The one thing is the one thing
A dry fly catches no fish
Try not to be THAT 10%
C
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
C
Food will be here Wednesday. Everybody should have a PM from me about pickup.

Chairman, Pond Boss Legacy award; Moderator; field correspondent
Lunker
Lunker
I just bought four bags from Schillig, but notice the Optimal website is directly competing with their dealers. This is a lot like what Texas Hunter does...I prefer the Vertex model of protected territories. Scott and Matt have performed a TON of research and marketing pro bono, there should be some benefit. Maybe there is, I'm certainly not an insider by any means.

On another note, I strongly encourage everyone to support your Pond Boss paid advertisers - the revenue generated from paid advertisers like Scott and myself and many others enable the forum to exist we all get to enjoy.

Last edited by teehjaeh57; 08/30/16 08:25 PM.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]

E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
Undercutting your reps can not be a good long term plan. I am not saying that is the situation as I don't know any specifics.

Lunker
Lunker
Well, despite my good intentions, I apparently don't appreciate the full landscape of all details regarding relationships I cited, so I think Matt's going to clarify some things. Was just reporting what I witnessed regarding price points on a couple websites and made some inferences accordingly - but didn't have the full picture. My bad.

I'd like to establish I am grateful Optimal is creating a high quality resource for pond owners - and from all reports here they are great to work with, responsive, and informative. We've needed that for a long time - looking forward to more great things from Optimal.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]

O
O

Thanks TJ for the concern, and all the shout outs for Optimal from your previous posts... Love to see your knowledge being spread to private waters and throughout. And thanks to the Pond Boss and Pond Boss community for having such a great medium; with such a core of professionals and enthusiast alike all working toward a common goal. The forum has been/is a great place for us to advertise and I encourage other businesses if they are on the fence to advertise here. Do it! I know as Optimal increases its bandwidth we will be advertising more.

And your right. Scott is been great and with his knowledge and experience, I only can say great things about that guy, Except I think I can still out fish him though smile!

But few things I wanted to clarify, regarding your post.

I feel that comparing Optimal to the same business matrix as Vertex is not all that great. A feed company is volume and consumable driven so margins need to be lot lower. (meaning you do not buy five aeration systems each year); along with being bulky to ship making distribution a large percentage of the overall cost. So using the same business strategy would only drive up the price for the end user. Where a dealer would come into play, without driving up price, is if one would purchase large quantities and did local distribution because reducing distribution costs is only money in the dealers pocket.

I do not think anyone is working pro bono. I have been with Optimal from its conception and Optimal is not built on not realizing someone's value. It would be short sided of us to not help the people that are helping us.

Which brings me to my next point, that Optimal is listening and has a huge invested interested in this market (private waters).
I love Optimal because it is so committed to producing the best food for pond owners, their fish, and it's core focus is for people in this community.
For Instance:
-Listening to you on pellet size.
-Species focused feed.
-Producing a Trophy Bass feed for long life expectancy.
-Performed a nationwide histology of Bluegills (results to be published hopefully this fall...really cool stuff by the way)

Those are just a few examples.

So I will conclude with "seconding the motion" from Tj's post; which is:
“On another note, I strongly encourage everyone to support your Pond Boss paid advertisers - the revenue generated from paid advertisers like Scott, myself, OPTIMAL and many others enable the forum to exist we all get to enjoy.”

Thanks for listening Pond Boss Community... You are great people!!!

C
Online Content
C
I'm sorry Matt, but after reading the middle paragraphs where you are making some points about your business model I got lost in the wording.

I want you to succeed, I'm experimenting with Optimal and so far so good. Can you put what you were saying in plain english?

Does buying from the Optimal headquarters directly compete with dealers who may want to resell it?

Do end consumers get similar prices going directly through the PB forum or through links set up here vs going to another retail location?

Is there another retail location or a dealer network that 'resells' Are they allowed to mark it up to add some middle-man profit?

Just want all the folks here to know simply how to get it but not in a way that hurts future development and future sustainability especially since we have such a good thing going.

I will also again thank the kind PB forum member recently absent in postings but who may be reading this who connected me with the 2nd generation (multisize) Optimal product for me to get my feet wet. I'll likely have 10-15 pounds left by the time of ice over so if someone in Michigan would like to try some I'm happy to share the love and find a way to get some to you.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Originally Posted By: Optimal matt

And your right. Scott is been great and with his knowledge and experience, I only can say great things about that guy, Except I think I can still out fish him though smile!

Thank you and I hear a gauntlet being thrown down. About time you got your butt here and posted too.

O.K., throw your pink Snoopy pole in the truck and lets have a fish off. No fair fishing in Marks cages though.....

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
C
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
C
Food has arrived. I believe I messaged everyone. Let me know when you want to pick it up.

C
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
C
I have 3-4 extra bags if someone wants some feed.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Ralph D Hart
Recent Posts
What did you do at your pond today?
by FishinRod - 04/16/24 01:49 PM
'Nother New Guy
by FishinRod - 04/16/24 01:42 PM
aeration pump type?
by Theo Gallus - 04/16/24 10:19 AM
Golden Shiners - What size to stock?
by Theeck - 04/16/24 09:49 AM
How to catch Hybrid Striper
by FireIsHot - 04/16/24 09:45 AM
instant email notifications of post replies ?
by Augie - 04/16/24 09:31 AM
fishing tackle and tackle room
by FireIsHot - 04/16/24 08:30 AM
Compaction Question
by teehjaeh57 - 04/15/24 11:54 PM
Hi there quick question on going forward
by esshup - 04/15/24 09:52 PM
What type of fry?
by Sunil - 04/15/24 08:58 PM
Group Text of Customers, Pay to Fish
by Fishingadventure - 04/15/24 04:24 PM
Pumpkinseed