Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Ponderific2024, MOLINER, BackyardKoi, Lumberman1985, Bennettrand
18,500 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,961
Posts557,951
Members18,500
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,534
ewest 21,497
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,146
Who's Online Now
1 members (Bobbss), 838 guests, and 171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#453129 07/31/16 12:46 AM
J
OP Offline
J
YOU WON'T BELIEVE THIS...I DON'T BELIEVE IT...BUT PICTURES DON'T LIE. A TOAD 15 FEET ABOVE THE WATER. HOW DID HE GET THERE?
In my bat house in a hole that a woodpecker made three years ago. Toads can hardly jump let alone climb. I know of no bird that could have carried him up there. All of my birds usually eat seed, worms or insects. Have I entered into the twylight zone? Am I living in an alternate universe?

Lunker
Lunker
Is that a toad or tree frog? Neat picture!

R
RAH Offline
Lunker
Lunker
R
I vote for tree frog. Great picture! I'd love to have some pictures of my place of that quality!

Last edited by RAH; 07/31/16 06:16 AM.
B
B
Looks like a Gray's Tree Frog, John. I have them at that height up in our pines near the pond. They are great climbers.

B
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
B
The first pic reminds me of one of my friends in the early 70s when we would get some good Columbian.

Do nature a favor, spay/neuter your pets and any weird friends or relatives.
P
P
Bob-O is that a self portrait? Looks pretty cool

J
J
That is definitely a tree frog. They have very sticky feet. I have seen them high up on glass windows. They generally live in trees near water, and only enter bodies of water to breed and lay eggs.

C
CJD Offline
C
Originally Posted By: Bob-O
The first pic reminds me of one of my friends in the early 70s when we would get some good Columbian.

The first thing I thought of when I saw the photo was that the frog is obviously a stoner.

J
OP Offline
J
Thanks a lot for solving this guys. I never looked up pictures of a tree frog. I was beginning to think I was in a stoner world. Seeds from Holland were beyond Columbian.

Last edited by John Monroe; 08/01/16 01:02 AM.

J
OP Offline
J
RAH or anyone,,I am far from a camera expert. I have two things that make pictures like this possible. The first is a camera I have (SX50 Cannon) about $250,,, that someone else here on pond boss had taken some picture with that I thought were impressive. The second thing is photoshop. It's expensive but I aquired a copy that is now obsolete. The learning curve with the photoshop is steep but just by messing around with it you can learn to get by.

T
T
John, like always, u have come up with another amazing picture. There has to be a money market for some of these pictures u put out here.

Tracy

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy
L
L
Last year when it was very wet, we counted over 20 of these guys on the siding of our house! They love camping out under the eaves and in the gardens. Cute little buggers, and great pest eliminators.

B
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
B
They love to hide under the lid of our hot tub. The tub is on a wooden deck 14 feet off of the ground. They occasionally jump into the water when we open the lid, but at 101 degrees they soon make their exit. Sometimes I help them maneuver the drop to the ground. Eating bugs may their strong suit, but scaring my wife is a downer.

"I love living. I have some problems with my life, but living is the best thing they've come up with so far." � Neil Simon,
B
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
B
Pat, I actually thought that John downloaded that pic from when you and Charly went fishin. Also you mentioned that a visit was a good idea and Bill D didn't object so get yer arse in gear and plan and organize it. That is if your partner in crime is up for it. Again, if Billy Boy don't especially like it.....too bad! I envision a ten ft circle of burnt grass and many empty Natural Ice beer cans layin around. That is of course if ya don't bring many Lone Star swill with ya. Speakin of empty beer cans, we could also invite Sunill.
John, your knowledge of Holland seeds just bumped my respect for you a couple of knocks. You rock!!!! Some day I will invite myself down to your place and you can just paddle me around your pond. Seems like the kind of place that I was seeking when me and the Columbians were buds.
Everyone have an excellent day.

Do nature a favor, spay/neuter your pets and any weird friends or relatives.
Pat, I actually thought that John downloaded that pic from when you and Charly went fishin. Also you mentioned that a visit was a good idea and Bill D didn't object so get yer arse in gear and plan and organize it. That is if your partner in crime is up for it. Again, if Billy Boy don't especially like it.....too bad! I envision a ten ft circle of burnt grass and many empty Natural Ice beer cans layin around. That is of course if ya don't bring many Lone Star swill with ya. Speakin of empty beer cans, we could also invite Sunill.
John, your knowledge of Holland seeds just bumped my respect for you a couple of knocks. You rock!!!! Some day I will invite myself down to your place and you can just paddle me around your pond. Seems like the kind of place that I was seeking when me and the Columbians were buds.

Hell Bob-O, I ain't scared (always been part of my problem). Just let me get healed up a bit first. I definitely want to bring my A game...

...when in doubt...set the hook...
Originally Posted By: stickem'

Hell Bob-O, I ain't scared (always been part of my problem). Just let me get healed up a bit first. I definitely want to bring my A game...

Hey Charlie, I look forward to it!....Beers are on Bob!

[Linked Image]
Be Brave Enough to Suck at Something New!
P
P
Originally Posted By: stickem'

Same for me Bob-O sounds like we gonna have a time at the 2017 PB convention at lake Conroe, just a hop down the road from here...... Hope you can show up

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
cobra01, Dan123, micam5, Rich B, woodster
Recent Posts
Prayers needed
by Fishingadventure - 04/24/24 11:24 PM
Inland Silver sided shiner
by Fishingadventure - 04/24/24 06:40 PM
1/2 Acre Pond Build
by Theo Gallus - 04/24/24 05:32 PM
Caught a couple nice bass lately...
by Dave Davidson1 - 04/24/24 03:39 PM