Hi,

So my 600-650 gal pond water is black/dark/tea. I cannot see my fish at all. I emptied the pond past weekend, took out as much rotten leaves from the bottom as I could. It smelled awful. Unfortunately I could not scoop the very bottom completely, but I tried my best. I re-filled the pond and the water is still black. What can I do?

I have some water plants in a corner that grow about 4ft. I am contemplating of removing the plants totally. In addition to leaves falling in at times, is it possible these plants die off before each winter and adds to the problem? It may be more harmful than helpful at this point to have plants then. What do you think?

After refilling the pond, I added a totalpond UV clarifier and dosed API Pondcare Pond-Zyme Enzymatic on Tuesday. However, water is still blackish. Will it take more time to clear or do I have to do something else?

Should I empty the pond one more time, hose all the sides and floor again, remove all the plants and redo again from scratch?

What can I do? Please help... blush

As for filtration, I inherited the pond when I moved into the home and all i have is a 1800GPH waterfall pump, and a separate UV clarifier attached to a 400GPH pump.

thanks

Last edited by vtec; 06/16/16 09:34 AM.