Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Shotgun01, Dan H, Stipker, LunkerHunt23, Jeanjules
18,451 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,902
Posts557,128
Members18,452
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,422
ewest 21,475
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,112
Who's Online Now
16 members (jpsdad, rjackson, esshup, Boondoggle, jbird5986, Sunil, Rick O, Angler8689, anthropic, Justin W, Bing, bstone261, DenaTroyer, Theo Gallus, Shorthose, Freg), 959 guests, and 191 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
OP Offline
J
Does anyone visit other PB members ponds to see different setups like aeration, feeding, docks, etc? I am sure it would be highly interesting.

Zep Offline
Hall of Fame 2014
Hall of Fame 2014
We have had a couple of North/East Texas gatherings. Those are fun.

Fishing has never been about the fish....

R
RER Offline
R
I have visited a couple around me.

Goofing off is a slang term for engaging in recreation or an idle pastime while obligations of work or society are neglected........... Wikipedia
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Yes, I have visited TJ's pond, and Bruce Condello's pond.

I have had visits to my pond from catmandoo, Todd LaNeve, Bob Lusk, and a few others.

Always a good time.

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

B
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
B
I usually try to get to Bill Codys and Cecils a couple of times a yr. I'm not interested in aeration, structure or cages but it's fun to irritate those two for a couple hrs. I stopped by Bobby Rices last Oct but he found out I was coming and hid.
Bill Cody, Cecil, Lovin Livin, Essup and Fatih have all been my guests. I suppose this would be a good time to invite anyone to stop by for a visit and to catch some dumb fish.
I've often entertained the thought of taking a couple of weeks traveling from Fl to In and seeing other members places.

Do nature a favor, spay/neuter your pets and any weird friends or relatives.
Visiting another member's pond is a bonus, the real treat is meeting them in person!

For ponds I've been fortunate to visit (and meet) TJ's, BobbyRice's, Fireishot, Bob Lusk at Lusk Lodge, CMM's, Esshup's, Cecil's and Bob-O's, and on top of that got to meet Rainman (twice!), Basslover, Dave Davidson, Bill Cody, JKB, Matt Rayle and Fishnchips (shame on me if I'm missing anyone).

Each pond different in it's own way, just as we all have different goals, with many I visited having the size of fish I can only dream of, yet they make you realize it's possible!

And the Pond Boss members? First class folks all the way! Just as you'd suspect.

Last edited by Lovnlivin; 05/03/16 07:27 PM. Reason: Remembered some names.

Keith - Still Lovin Livin

https://youtu.be/o-R41Rfx0k0
(a short video tribute to the PB members we met on our 5 week fishing adventure)

Formerly: 2ac LMB,HSB,BG,HBG,RES
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Keith, did I see a comment on facebook to the effect of you ...'are going to miss Croaker's Creek" or something like that??

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

R
RER Offline
R
I saw Keith break off a tarpon when he set his rod down to go goof off...LOL

Last edited by BobbyRice; 05/03/16 03:12 PM.

Goofing off is a slang term for engaging in recreation or an idle pastime while obligations of work or society are neglected........... Wikipedia
Bobby, I was really bummed to lose that Tarpon but we at least got to see him!

Originally Posted By: Sunil
Keith, did I see a comment on facebook to the effect of you ...'are going to miss Croaker's Creek" or something like that??

Sunil, for the sake of remaining civil, my lease is up 3-1-17 and I'm not going to renew. No regrets for what I've done out here but I should have realized 4 years ago who I was dealing with and that he wasn't going to change (the deceased owners son is trustee/landlord). I just kept hoping he would.

As much as I love this place, it's not healthy for me to stay.

Last edited by Lovnlivin; 05/03/16 06:37 PM.

(a short video tribute to the PB members we met on our 5 week fishing adventure)

T
T
I had a duck hunting lease in S Ark years back. Two ponds in the middle of rice fields. The old man was great but when he passed the son became a jerk and so we walked, but only after we destroyed all the blinds we built with chain saws and such. Was not going to leave him our set ups. I wood keep lookin for another lease. or better yet save up a dwn payment on a place

Tracy

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy
B
B
Originally Posted By: Lovnlivin
Bobby, I was really bummed to lose that Tarpon but we at least got to see him!

Originally Posted By: Sunil

Sunil, for the sake of remaining civil, my lease is up 3-1-17 and I'm not going to renew. No regrets for what I've done out here but I should have realized 4 years ago who I was dealing with and that he wasn't going to change (the deceased owners son is trustee/landlord). I just kept hoping he would.

As much as I love this place, it's not healthy for me to stay.

Are you talking about your pond property???

If you are, are you planning on seining / removing your fish and placing them elsewhere?

Originally Posted By: basslover

If you are, are you planning on seining / removing your fish and placing them elsewhere?

Yes, the pond property frown .

Regarding your second question, I'll say I will be leaving the pond in the condition in which I found it. Unfortunately all the work I've done to the house, outbuilding and grounds cannot be undone.

And in fairness to JohnF who started this thread, John any time you're traveling be sure to research any PB members along the way.

Even if just for a hello and a handshake.

Originally Posted By: John F
I am sure it would be highly interesting.

Especially if Bob-O is one of your stops grin

This is a great idea, kinda like those realtors hosting open houses and home tours, call it “Tour de Pond”. Have a rating system i.e. “how cold was the beer” and “how tuff was the steak”, etc. Seriously though, I would welcome the feedback since everyone here knows more than I do. I’m only five miles off I-75 on the way to Florida, almost everyone would pass my place every few years.

Last edited by 2Old2Soon; 05/04/16 01:04 PM.
J
OP Offline
J
My little ponds are about 13 miles east off of I-49 in NW Arkansas. It was just renovated last August and I don't have aeration yet, and no big fish, so not very interesting at this time.

B
B
I would love to visit so many of y'all's ponds/lakes/farms/homesteads! Like a parade of homes! lol Just being able to hang with folks interested in fish management and fishing and checking out how others maintain their water would be so worthwhile.

My pond/place is open for visitors any time! Just 3 miles East of Lincoln and I have plenty of room! Heck, bring your tent or RV and camp out! I even installed an RV outlet and water hookup smile .

In comparison, my pond may not have a lot to offer but the drinks/beer will be cold, steaks tender, fish fresh and conversation pleasant, with natures soothing music always playing in the background!

My wife and I have been to Pat W.'s place in Oakwood, TX and he and Dana have been to our place in Leggett, TX. Also, Pat W. and I get together several times a year to fish. I wish I knew other PB folks in the area. Pat's place is 2+ hours from us, but it's always worth the trip. We will probably stop by this weekend on our way to Dallas to see my girls and grandsons.
Charlie

...when in doubt...set the hook...
R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
Originally Posted By: basslover

Regarding your second question, I'll say I will be leaving the pond in the condition in which I found it. Unfortunately all the work I've done to the house, outbuilding and grounds cannot be undone.

And in fairness to JohnF who started this thread, John any time you're traveling be sure to research any PB members along the way.

Even if just for a hello and a handshake.

Originally Posted By: John F
I am sure it would be highly interesting.

Especially if Bob-O is one of your stops grin

Bob-O scares me!!!!! laugh

I'd better not say how many fellow pondmeister's ponds I have visited or stocked over the years. What I CAN tell you, is every single one is genuinely happy to show off and share all they have gone through with their waters and help a fellow pondbosser in any way they can...this place is truly like an extended family! The only thing I fear when visiting a pond is the pictures of PVC, fish truck, or other dangerous critters I shot being posted....I always manage to find an adventure I can be razzed, and laugh about with these people!

Last edited by Rainman; 05/04/16 06:51 PM.

You guys are being too hard on Bob O IMHO. The man is a fashion icon and I salute his efforts to bring Speedos back in style! grin

I have been by his place in Indiana a few times in the last months since he's been in Florida to stock a few Goldfish, GSF, BH etc. Very nice setting.

Hey Bob, if you read this post, no need to thank me. Cecil helped! BTW yer out of beer and toilet paper so you might want to pick some up on yer way back! grin

[Linked Image]
Be Brave Enough to Suck at Something New!
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Rex, when did you shoot the fish truck?

"The only thing I fear when visiting a pond is the pictures of PVC, fish truck, or other dangerous critters I shot being posted"

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
esshup, ewest's last thread page comment of.... How many holes did the truck have in it ? Eveyone seems to be aiming at Rex's old truck. Since Rex can't kill it I guess everyone else got to try their hand.

Excerpted from this thread...what a blast that gathering was!!!

http://forums.pondboss.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=239095

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
If I remember correctly, that truck was at my place after that and I didn't see any holes in it, nor any fresh body work....

So, how many .22 caliber holes were in it?

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
B
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
B
Rex, seems ta me when we met last yr at Codys I was extremely polite. I do believe you will shortly be taking him some Tilapia and just may show up in my camo speedo. Now that is something to be scared of.
Bill, thanks for drinkin all my beer and sticking up for my fashion sense.
2O2S, I'll try to stop by your place in a couple of weeks. I'll pm for directions.

Do nature a favor, spay/neuter your pets and any weird friends or relatives.
Man, I'm almost feeling left out!

As eventful as it was meeting you all, it apparently was uneventful from what I'm reading!

Travelling with Fatih was an experience, as well as watching Rex go to town on a plate of crawfish shocked , but,,,,

Did I not witness y'alls true colors?

Bob-O, were you holding out on me?

B
B

Wow man, that sounds like a crappy situation.

Maybe you two can work it out before you undo your pond work?

I suspect you'll show up with your largest bass in totes, yes?

wink

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
cro, HC1968
Recent Posts
Relative weight charts in Excel ? Calculations?
by jpsdad - 03/29/24 08:24 AM
pond experience needed
by esshup - 03/29/24 08:19 AM
Can anyone ID these minnows?
by Sunil - 03/29/24 07:31 AM
Dewatering bags seeded to form berms?
by RogersTailgate - 03/29/24 05:45 AM
New pond middle TN: establishing food chain?
by Bill Cody - 03/28/24 07:57 PM
Happy Birthday Bob Lusk!!
by FireIsHot - 03/28/24 07:33 PM
Working on a .5acre disaster, I mean pond.
by PRCS - 03/28/24 06:39 PM
Fungus infection on fish
by nvcdl - 03/28/24 06:07 PM
1 year after stocking question
by esshup - 03/28/24 04:48 PM
Yellow Perch Spawn 2024
by H20fwler - 03/28/24 04:29 PM
New 2 acre pond stocking plan
by LANGSTER - 03/28/24 03:49 PM
Newly Uploaded Images
Eagles Over The Pond Yesterday
Eagles Over The Pond Yesterday