Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Shotgun01, Dan H, Stipker, LunkerHunt23, Jeanjules
18,451 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,899
Posts557,051
Members18,451
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,407
ewest 21,474
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,110
Who's Online Now
2 members (Rainman, Bobbss), 458 guests, and 152 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
S
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
S
Found it....I knew I still had the guberment's response to my query here somewhere.

"We do not and (for the most part) have not been in the habit of stocking private ponds. The exceptions have been 1) such as West Boggs where a pond owner in the watershed allows us to rotenone a pond and we restock at our expense; 2) for a brief time in the 1970’s, we offered the same service if a private pond owner voluntarily self-reported illegal stocking of grass carp (in the old diploid days); and 3) also in the 1970’s we tried to increase public fishing by offering to stock new or recently renovated private ponds with one introductory stocking of bass and bluegill only if the owner signed an agreement to allow public access and agree to stock nothing else except channel catfish. I don’t recall any takers.

Until it was discontinued in 1975, the USFWS provided bass and bluegill fingerlings for stocking private ponds in Indiana. Pond owners could make an application for free fish through the old Soil Conservation Service (Now NRCS) and later a delivery truck from a federal hatchery (Sennecaville or Hebron NFH in Ohio) would show up in the area and offload pond owner’s fish.

Even in those rare instances of DNR stockings of private waters noted above (#1 and #2), the stockings did not convey any trespass rights. The ponds remained privately owned and controlled and fishing was by permission of the landowner. We were willing to make the investment without gaining public fishing access because of the need to rid those waters of undesirable fish."

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.
J
JKB Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J
Originally Posted By: sprkplug
No worries. Lived here long enough to know what to worry about, and when to simply smile and nod. I already know what the real scoop is.

It's actually kinda like a free for all at the moment.

Is that what you are getting talking to State Officials?

The political lawsuit blind sided them really bad.

Jeff, is going to look into my inquiry, which was taken totally out of context by Cecil, for whatever reason crazy

I personally would like to know whats up! Anything wrong with that?

I expect a call back soon after the director of the IN DNR mulls this over.

It's just an inquiry, but focuses on fish caught within a legal fishing license and toss in your pond, within the creel limits, then propagate after for sale as an Aquaculture facility.

Cecil left a bunch out, and that biologist ain't the person to talk to about legalities. No one knows who he is. Called wink

J
JKB Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J
Originally Posted By: Cecil Baird1
Originally Posted By: sprkplug
No worries. Lived here long enough to know what to worry about, and when to simply smile and nod. I already know what the real scoop is.

Same here Tony.

You just don't get it. It's about propagating fish for commercial resale.

NOT STOCKING A POND!

What, the planets never line up?

S
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
S
I'm willing to bet that the director has never had this question posed to him/her before. As such, they don't have an answer. This leads me to believe that they will say:

1)"No problem".
2)"No idea. I'll check on that and get back with you". This is the part where it's best not to wait by the phone. Years pass. Advances in mental telepathy renders cell service obsolete.
3)"You called to ask me that???"

Maybe it's the crap I've been through these past few days, maybe it's me getting older, or maybe it's finally all caught up with me, but whatever the reason it all boils over tonight.

I don't know how long this post will last, or if I will be around to post again tomorrow, but if nobody else is going to say it, then I will.

JKB we know you're intelligent. Really, we all get it. Really. But dude, there's gotta' be a filter in there someplace? I can't decide if you truly don't know you're pushing buttons, or you do know but go ahead anyway? What in Hell's name matters to you, in Michigan, what the law is to someone in Indiana?? Are you deliberately trying to stir crap? I want to believe that you don't see it, so here I am trying to get a point across, to let you know that I think you've crossed a line yet again. And now I've crossed that line just by responding. Stop it.

Moderators, I will accept whatever is coming my way. Just remember when you lace up those size 12's that you have TWO feet used for kicking..... please put them both to use.

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.
E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
The Moderators have been watching the thread - don't like the behavior exhibited and have locked it pending a decision !!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Bob Lusk, GaryK, GrizzFan, PhotographerDave
Recent Posts
Happy Birthday Bob Lusk!!
by Rainman - 03/28/24 02:53 AM
Relative weight charts in Excel ? Calculations?
by Mark Dyer - 03/27/24 10:18 PM
Reducing fish biomass
by esshup - 03/27/24 06:17 PM
New 2 acre pond stocking plan
by esshup - 03/27/24 06:05 PM
1 year after stocking question
by esshup - 03/27/24 06:02 PM
Questions and Feedback on SMB
by Donatello - 03/27/24 03:10 PM
Paper-shell crayfish and Japanese snails
by Bill Cody - 03/27/24 10:18 AM
Brooder Shiners and Fry, What to do??