Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Shotgun01, Dan H, Stipker, LunkerHunt23, Jeanjules
18,451 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,899
Posts557,080
Members18,451
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,414
ewest 21,474
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,110
Who's Online Now
14 members (jludwig, Donatello, catscratch, DrLuke, esshup, Requa, Shorthose, Blestfarmpond, JasonInOhio, H20fwler, Theo Gallus, Justin W, LeighAnn, Bob Lusk), 844 guests, and 210 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#4393 05/22/03 07:33 PM
R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
R
I am looking at having a construction company build a small lake (or big pond) on some of my land in south-central Illinois (about 115 miles northeast of Carbondale). It will be 10 - 12 surface acres and drain approximately 120 acres. I'm building it primarily for fishing. The soil is predominately clay.

I am seeking all the advice I can get. For example, there are presently several trees in the main drainage. Do fish benefit from the trees or should I remove them? It will have an island and several coves with the longest approximately 700 yards in length (as measured by a laser rangefinder). The deepest points will likely be around 35 feet (guess).

I've heard people say to only stock it with Bass, Bluegill, and Red-ear. I like Crappie and have thought about Stripers or hybrid Stripers. Would Crappie overpopulate? Is it big enough for Striped Bass to do well? Should I stock some type of forage fish like shad? Should I haul in some sand/gravel and place it in a couple coves for spawning? Are there pricing specials for pond stocking through NRCS (or whatever the county soil conservation offices are called now)? Given what I’ve just recently read about bluegills spawning at a smaller size if larger ones not present and then growing more slowly, should I just catch some large bluegills and etc. in local ponds with which to stock it?

I had planned to install a drain system in the dam, but have heard several voice concerns regarding leakage. I still intended to proceed with those plans until the culvert (pipe) in one of my neighbors’ ponds (about 4 acres and 20 years old) started leaking badly last year. He’s about to have it taken out and try using a spillway. As a result I am now considering a couple spillways since the geography is well situated to have the primary and overflow spillways run over exiting hills (instead of the constructed dam). How do I protect those spillways from erosion? Will riprap be enough?

I had planned to build the dam and leave the drain open for a couple years while doing the contouring and etc. so wasn’t in a hurry for that part. With that change and a lower cost estimate than expected for construction, I need advice fast.

FWIW: I just found out about this site from someone at crappie.com, have spent the last 180 minutes reading through it, and am very impressed! I’ve searched unsuccessfully for a site like this before and do plan to order the magazine, books, and etc.

Any and all advice is sincerely appreciated.

[Linked Image from i108.photobucket.com]
R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
R
I forgot to ask also about Smallmouth Bass and Walleye. Could either of them do ok too in a pond such as described above?

T
T
First of all congratulations on having clay - pond should seal nicely. I am not an expert and if I were building a 10-12 acre pond I would pay the extra money to find and have an expert come to the site and advise me - in the long run will be money well spent. I would NOT remove the trees as they will be good structure for your fishing. Establishing your forage base first is critical - hybrids, coppernose, etc. should be stocked and given time to establish before bass etc are stocked. Crappie are controversial but from all I have read can be heavy competition for your bass and in a smaller pond like yours are usually not advised. The hybrid stipers can be a fun addition to fish for - again, get Bob Lusk's book sold on PB site and follow the advice along with hiring a pro to direct you. One of my friends built a pond last year - he wouldn't take my advice of hiring a pro but rather relied on his dozer guy - he now owns an expensive pond that is not working and is having to redo things - "pay them now or pay them later" Good luck with your project

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Good morning, Rangersedge. I was hoping that Cecil, Shan, or Greg would respond. However, let me toss out some ideas, and maybe they’ll respond with additional help.

First of all – Great Pond!! Your design sounds wonderful. I’m not an expert on construction, so I’ll leave that for others. However, let me talk about various fishes.

The largemouth bass (LMB) – bluegill (BLG) - redear sunfish (RES) combination has been recommended to you because it is safe, tried and true. This is a classic pond management strategy, and will provide a fish community that is self-sustaining, meaning no further stocking. The LMB are your predator, the BLG are a multiple-spawning sunfish that provide lots of food for LMB (especially the young bass). For my money, nothing beats the fillets from an 8 or 9 inch BLG! The RES are “special” in my mind, and you can expect to produce 1-1.5 pound readers in your pond. These are true gems. The RES don’t seem to have as high a reproductive potential as BLG, and I’ve never found anyone who ever found a stunted RES population.

Pondowners these days always seem to want diversity, and I guess that I can’t really blame them. However, there is a lot to be said for these simple systems like LMB, BLG, and RES. Generally, people want more predator species, and the primary problem seen on the PondBoss website is too many small predators and not enough prey for them. So, I’m always leery of adding additional predators unless a pondowner is truly interested, and willing to make some extra efforts for the pond. If a pondowner isn’t that interested, and isn’t willing to invest time, energy, and money, then perhaps “keeping it simple” is the best idea.

Let’s talk about a few of those other fishes you mentioned.

Crappie – well, you get a real mixed bag of opinions on crappies. Most of the southern experts just don’t like them, and strongly recommend keeping them out of the ponds. I seem to have a little better luck with them up north, but I’m not sure this is worth your risk. If you do use a crappie, I would strongly recommend the black crappie over the white crappie. Most of the time, you need a good prey fish supply to get really good-sized white crappies. A low density black crappie population can get by eating zooplankton and fish, with some still reaching 10-12 inches.

Striped bass are a big water, open water predator, and I would not stock them. I suspect most other folks will say the same thing.

There have been some folks successfully using hybrid striped bass in ponds. However, they are not as efficient as LMB at cropping bluegills. I posted the following on an earlier thread on this website: "I also read a new study this weekend from Southern Illinois University biologists that substantiated another point made by Greg on this thread (hybrid striped bass vs. largemouth bass). The SIU study compared predation efficiency of largemouth bass and hybrid striped bass that were feeding on bluegills. In tanks with "structure" (in this case, artificial vegetation), the largemouth bass were more than four times more efficient at capturing bluegills than were the hybrid striped bass. In open water, with no structure, efficiency was similar between largemouths and the hybrids." I copied it here to save a few keystrokes. :-)

Walleye – ah, the walleye; king (queen??) of the northern fishes! Every pondowner up in SD wants walleyes in their ponds. Everyone is walleye crazy around here. Well, they are not that good a pond fish. We’ve done OK in some larger pond (20 acre stuff), but even there, they are a lot of work. You just can’t expect them to maintain themselves in smaller waters through natural reproduction. We sometimes see a few naturally produced fall age 0 or spring age 1 fish, but they are always very low in numbers. So, if you want walleyes, they have to be maintained by stocking, and then, usually by stocking larger sizes of replacement (6-8 inchers). Those can be expensive fish. How bad do you want walleyes? Also, there has not been a lot of small impoundment work on walleyes, and I’m not sure we know the best stocking rates. I’m always so darned scared of the panfish overpopulating and stunting, that I typically have stocked too many walleyes, and they then grow slowly. So, you’d be on your own, at least somewhat, in learning how many to stock. You need enough to have effective predation and keep the small panfish cropped down, but not so many that you get slow growth on the walleyes. Again, probably only truly interested landowners should consider using them. It’s a lot easier to have the LMB as your predator, and let them reproduce naturally.

Smallmouth bass (SMB) – we actually use the SMB quite a bit up here, often as the only fish in a pond (that's a safe management strategy, but usually requires substantial harvest of small-sized SMB). The SMB sure are a fun fish for anglers!! They are fighters and jumpers. The “traditional” view on SMB is that they are not as effective predators as LMB, and will not control a species such as the BLG. There has been some recent talk on this website as to whether this is true or not. However, I would be VERY cautious about considering SMB a primary predator. It would be nice if you could maintain a few SMB in your pond, just for the fun of having some diversity in fishing. I don’t think there is any harm that could be done by adding SMB. However, I would predict that the LMB would quickly out-compete the SMB in your pond. This seems especially true the further south you get. When I worked in KS, if LMB got into an impoundment with SMB, the SMB were quickly gone.

Shad – I’m assuming that you probably mean gizzard shad (they will survive your winters, while threadfins would not). If you are concerned about producing a quality BLG fishery, then I would not stock the shad. They can hurt growth rates and maximum sizes of your BLG. If you are more interested in quality LMB, and the BLG are primarily a prey for the LMB, then shad might be a good idea. I consider shad in small waters to still be experimental, meaning that we don’t know everything we should about it. However, LMB can certainly benefit from a prey species such as gizzard shad. They key is whether you get consistent reproduction on your shad each year. If so, it’s great for LMB management. Now, the one exception to the “shad hurt BLG” rule is if you plan to feed your fish. According to several of the experts here, you can still feed the BLG up to good sizes, even if shad are present. I have no experience with this.

Well, this should give you some food for thought, and may stimulate a little help from a few of the other pondmeisters!!

Again, congratulations on what sounds like a great pond.

Dave

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

From Bob Lusk: Dr. Dave Willis passed away January 13, 2014. He continues to be a key part of our Pond Boss family...and always will be.
K
K
I've been going through the same process of building a pond in south central IL. Ours is about 10 miles south of Nashville, IL.

I've worked with the NRCS on both the building of the pond, putting some of the land into the Conservation Reserve Program (CRP), tree and grass planting, and also talked about stocking the lake (although that won't happen till this fall).

The NRCS came out an scoped out a couple of potential sites we had on our land, recommended the location the felt was most suitable, and then designed the damn. They also provided a list of local contractors. The contractors bid the job based on the NRCS's numbers. I will say the guys they recommeded were just dirt movers but with the research i did from this site, the magazine, and other books, was able work with them and they were willing to do things as requested. I was not able to find any money available to building the pond.

The NRCS does have funds available for putting some or all of the land you plan to build on in CRP so you can get paid for some of the land depanding on what it was previously used for.

There is also some programs that will provide trees, shrubs, grasses, and grains for plant around the pond. (spent one day planting 175 white pines). These were provided free of charge.

Stocking is also something the state supports. There is a program that the state will stock bluegill, Redear, channel cats and large mouth bass. There is a $25 application fee and $1 per acre charge. This is a significant savings vs going with a hatchery.

There are no major stipulations on these programs. You don't have to open your land to public fishing. You just have to agree to not turn the area you plant the trees, etc on into farm land within the next two or three years. Which is not a problem for me.

I would be willing to talk with you further on these programs or what I've researched on some of the stocking options you mentioned, as well as general pond contruction. Send me an e-mail at jkbochantin@charter.net

Kevin

R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
R
Thanks everyone for your replies. \:\) I have had a call in to our regional fisheries biologist for about two weeks now with no response. \:\( I have been intending to call him again, but haven't had time during his work hours. Next week maybe.

I am looking at putting some of the surrounding land into the CRP program. Some in trees and possibly some in prairie grasses.

I will probably leave as many trees as I can in unless biologist advises otherwise.

I will probably go with the Bass, Bluegill, and Red-ear combination. Would like to have a few others such as Walleye, Smallmouth Bass, Hybrid Stripers, etc.; but they don't sound practical.

R
Lunker
Lunker
R
Rangersedge,
In a 12 ac pond it is possible to have some smallmouth as David Willis says. Since you will have largmouth as your primary preditor the bg will stay in check. Resist the urge to put in preditors too quickly. Establish your forage base ie fatheads, shiners, bg, b-4 adding the bass.
Talk to lakedoctor about getting smb to spawn & you could maintain them too.
Add threadfin shad in your forage & you could also grow big hybred stripers.
As the experts on here always say .. It's all about your goals and your willingness to invest the time, or money to hire a pro to manageyour pond.
There would be less maintenance of the pond with only one preditor such as LMB. With minimal attentivness on your part the LMB/BG combo will be fairly straight forward compared to 3 preditors & 3 forage fish all else being equal.
But I'm with you .. think of the thrill .. Today I'm going after Wipers! Or the fun of tossing a big bass plug for LM & ending up fighting a 5 pound Smallie!
We work our butts off all our life .. We deserve to have our cake & eat it too when possible.
My advise: Hire a good pro & have your pond the way you want it!
Ric

Pond Boss Subscriber & Books Owner

If you can read this ... thank a teacher. Since it's in english ... thank our military!
Ric
T
T
Its been said that Small mouth will work with B.gill but cut your b.gill stocking rates in half. If my logic is correct that means your pond supports fewer bass too. Personaly, I prefer smallies to LMB, I would almost cut off my left hand to have 5 punders in my back yard. The one peice of advice that is given here the most but probably least heard is "pick your priority". It took me a long time to realize I couldn't have it all. No lake is perfect for all species, pick your goals and prioritize them. For me it's 1.Big b.gill 2.smallies 3. Big large mouth.
Then you have to figue out how your going to go about it.

L
L
Hello everyone.Just thought I would drop in to say this project sounds like it's going to be one nice lake when complete.RangersE I think you got the info that you need to do a great job on this project there is something that I would like to add as far as construction.If you want the trees in your lake you might be asking for problems down the road.I have seen cases where this proved to be a mistake.The trees have a root system they spread out over years of growth they find the easy path to water nutrients,ect.sometimes this path goes right to a sand layer.I try to take the trees out of the bottom of a lake get the root system out then put back the stucture that you want.Top soil and all nutrient rich soil should be removed then compact the bottom this will keep your algae growth or unwanted plants in check.Try to angle the banks to avoid erosion and mowing all the way to the water is a plus if you don't have a weed eater that fits your hands just right.The spillway idea is a good one.I like to put these in beacause I have never had to drain a pond to fix a spillway.This is not the case with the pipe system.There is alot to be said about not having that ugly looking pipe sticking out of your lake.The thought of SMB Hello!!! Sorry got to say yes yes yes If you email me at lakedoctors@ccrtc.com I'll give you the 411 to get you started.Right now gotta go to work Building a 3acre pond started a week ago finish today dam rain slowed me down Welcome and good luck DOC

Doc
I
I
rangersedge, i have a spill way system, and it works fine for me. my dozer guy angled a slight trough out and away from the back of the dam so the runoff wouldn't gather behind the dam. just make sure you have a lot of clay in the spillway, and maybe a little topsoil over it so you can plant bermuda grass to further prevent erosion. i had plowed a field, and brought up a buuuuuncch of rocks, hired a couple of kids to walk in front of my front end loader, throw them in the bucket, and i dumped them around the spill way. or i imagine you can buy chunk rock from your local roc/gravel company. i personally would avoid huge items/rip raff to avoid excess turbulenc in high flow times, which could result in more erosion. i also did without a drain/lowering pipe. i'd rather not have to worry about it leaking later. i also removed all of my trees; place several rock piles, boulders, tree stumps, cedar trees etc. also, your dozer guy can build benches and contours on the bottom as he builds. not to mention, my pond is 7 acres, and i can drive around a little jet ski for the heck of it. with a 12 acre lake like yours, you really could. just make sure you know where the structure is!! i also recommend you tie jugs and lines to structure as you go. as the pond fills, the jugs will raise, and when full you can see where everything is. i also took pics along the way. and before i fertilized and limed the pond (which took care of the real clear water) i went scuba diving and mapped/marked the structure and checked everything out. just keep thinking ahead like you are doing, it will pay off. and i think you got the idea that getting the right person to do the job and doing it right the first time, even if it is a little extra money, will be worth it in the long run. also, i am not an expert, these are just my opinions. listen to bob and the other pond guru's if they disagree with me!! oh, one thing i wish i did differently,,,spread out my lime BEFORE my pond filled!!!would have been a lot easier than trying to throw out 25 tons of lime over water!!! mark

L
L
RANGERS E just wanted to see if you got my email.Been having some problems with this.have you seen that guy on tv that trows the dam computer out the window?DOC

Doc
R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
R
LakeDoctor: No I haven't. I wondered about why not too. My email is jeffaworkman@yahoo.com. Please try again. Thanks! Jeff

R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
R
The contractor is starting on Monday. YIKES!

LakeDoctor & Mark & Everyone else: Thanks for the advice! \:\)

Also, the regional fisheries biologist called me back. I can get it stocked for an application fee of $25 plus $1 per acre. Will include Bluegill, Redear, Largemouth Bass, and Channel Catfish. I think I may ask them to go lighter on the channel cats than normal and delay adding the Largemouths a bit.

I asked him about fathead minnows and he indicated the bluegills should provide plenty of forage. Fatheads are pretty inexpensive though and I wouldn't be opposed to buying some if it would help get other fish off to a flying start. What do you guys think?

Also, I think I will put in gravel/etc. for a stream bed and add some smallmouth bass and a few hybrid stripers - where can I get those in southern/southcentral Illinois? I like crappie, but I'm not going to stock them in this pond. I have them in a couple other small ponds and will just leave them there.

I'll also end up getting a fish feeder. Probably a Stren.

I'd like to be able to easily regulate the water level by drawing water off near the bottom. I want to say that the dam will be 200 feet thick at the bottom. I've read about a PVC based siphon system (works automatically?) and about stringing some fire hose over the dam. Recommendations? How do you keep the pond end from plugging off?

Thanks everyone!

Jeff

L
L
Hello,Jeff.Sorry I haven't been able to get back with you on this but this is the busy season.The map that you sent me looks good except for a couple of things that I have questions about but we'll talk about that on the phone sometime just give me a call if you get a chance.Keep us all informed on how your doing.DOC

Doc
G
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
G
I would add the fatheads. The biologist is right your bluegill are your main forage base. However, it will only take a few to seed the pond since the bass are not there yet to munch on them. I talk folks out of buying them all the time, since I think it is a waste of money in an established bass pond. However, in your case a little money spend now on fatheads will result in tons of fatheads later to kick start your bass. Good luck.

Greg Grimes
www.lakework.com
R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
R
Update:
The contractor had a couple old projects that had been on hold come to life so it hasn't progressed quite as fast as anticipated, but that has been a good thing as most of the pond area was covered in hay and we were late in getting it all off.

I have a 24 ton excavator and took some of the trees out myself. They will take out the remainder. They have lasered and calculated the water levels and marked them as well as dam boundaries. They have piled some of the brush out of pond area and started removing topsoil in the dam area.

I have received an application for the bluegill, redear, largemouth bass, and channel cats to stock it. As Kevin and others suggested, it is very economical for those through the NCRS office.

I would like to find a source in this general area (intersection of Interstates 57 and 70) for Smallmouth Bass, Hybrid Stripers, Fathead minnows, Grass shrimp, and Crayfish.

It is progressing! \:\)

Jeff

P
P
I also agree with greg, I would not hesitate to introduce the fatheads. Your bluegills will benifit from having them to forage on. They will also have a chance to get a jump start on the bass. Minnows have plenty of positives to a pond as long as you do not try to intoduce to many of them. In your case I do not believe that you will add more than 100 ponds per acre that we use on the ponds in Wisconsin. We have seen some great grow rates on the Hybrid Blue Gills as well as the bass that we put in. The advice of waiting on the bass is great advice as well. Good luck and hopefully you will invite all of use to come and fish when it is all done.

A
Lunker
Lunker
A
Not being a fish catching type person, more of a plant growing nut, I'd be very interested to hear what difference plantings make to supporting the different priorities of raising fish...

Going through a book on species native to North Carolina, so many varieties of fish rely on plants, either direct or indirect for example eating crustaceans... Some stats on how many fish can be raised per square yard of well planted pond would be an interesting ratio, allowing for the inhibiting aspect of the plants effect at reducing oxygen levels through photosynthesis

I can well imagine ponds acres in size could have a serious problem if fish are introduced before there is a positive food chain established, are there some combinations of plants which create habitats that are more efficient for different species, than others?

In a pond with carp, growth rates are massive, a koi might grow to 20" in two years with low density and 60% of the pond well planted with a mix of plants that increase the surface area, create shade and cover on a still pond

Does that correspond with other fish species where the lakes are acres in size rather than yards?

Regards, Andy

R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
R
Thanks for the additional advice. Many thanks also and especially to lakedoctor for his advice via two phone calls. All of you and he have been very helpful.

I do plan to fatheads and extra bluegill. I would really like to obtain a bunch of crayfish and grass shrimp to stock if I could locate a good source in this general area.

I need to learn more about the balance of plants and fish. I have purchased that book (and others) through Pondboss, but loaned it out to a friend who was having weed problems in his pond.

In a county with lots of clay soil, we have hit the motherload of rich black dirt where the dam will be placed. The contractors have been busy digging down to clay and moving the good dirt out of the way. Not a lot of progress to report other than that as we continue to have lots of rain.

I'll post some pics as it progresses if I can figure out how...

Thanks again! \:\)

Jeff

R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
R
Medicine men and snake charmers tried for years, but where they failed, I have succeeded! The true secret to making rain is to attempt to build a pond that drains a large area.

Several neighboring farmers have told me that they can't remember us ever getting this amount and frequency of rain at this time of year. I can only attribute it to my pond and ask for their donation.

Seriously, we have been getting a LOT of rain and construction of the pond has stopped numerous times because of it. It will get there though!

Is there any way to post pics here for when I get some? Without knowing programming code?

Jeff

R
Lunker
Lunker
R
Rangersedge,
I found this post by Bob K by searching for "posting pictures" under questions and observations topic.
Note: I tried to include the string Bob is refering to but it wouldn't take. You'll have to search to see it.
Ric

Pond Boss has UBB code enabled which is how I post my pictures. It is really easy to use. The following is the string that is required to post a picture.

Just replace the home.mine.bob with your storage area for pictures. My ISP gives me 50mb as part of my basic internet service for my homepage.
and the picture.jpg with the name of the picture you wish to show.
I hope this helps out and maybe someone else has some information to add to this topic.

Pond Boss Subscriber & Books Owner

If you can read this ... thank a teacher. Since it's in english ... thank our military!
Ric
B
Lunker
Lunker
B
Rangersedge where are you know on your Lake building process. I for one am in the very very first stages of the thing in fact the monday I will have the guys from the DNR out on the place for the first time. I just closed on buying this tract a week ago from yesterday..
Hopfully my lake will be 10 to 12 acres.

R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
R
Thanks Ric! I will try to post some pictures once I get them developed.

Big Pond: I am about 1/3 done probably.

Quite a bit of topsoil has been moved, the island has been shaped somewhat with about 2/3rd of the soil between it and connecting point removed, the keyway has been dug and packed, the dam has been built about 1/4 of the way up with exception of where the drainage area's ditch goes through. They are waiting until most of rest is done to seal that shut and finish the dam as it will then be a race with the water to the top.

There seem to be several springs which bring both excitement and concern.

I have obtained an application to have the state fisheries dept stock it with bluegill, redear, largemouth bass, and channel cat. I have found a fisheries place that will sell smallmouth and hybrid striped bass as well as fathead minnows.

I haven't found and am still seeking a place where I could purchase the smaller shrimp that some have referenced or crayfish for stocking.

B
Lunker
Lunker
B
Did you sell any timber where the lake is? I have to get a permit for the lake then get the timber criused then sell the timber. It is mostly hardwood of course. Hope to get at least $30 to $35 a ton for it.

R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
R
No. I didn't sell any timber off it. The trees that were there were primarily cottonwoods and willows. They're currently stacked into a big brushpile below the dam.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Bob Lusk, GaryK, GrizzFan, PhotographerDave
Recent Posts
New 2 acre pond stocking plan
by Donatello - 03/28/24 11:35 AM
1 year after stocking question
by esshup - 03/28/24 11:01 AM
Paper-shell crayfish and Japanese snails
by esshup - 03/28/24 10:39 AM
Happy Birthday Bob Lusk!!
by Theo Gallus - 03/28/24 10:27 AM
Brooder Shiners and Fry, What to do??
by Freg - 03/28/24 09:42 AM
Relative weight charts in Excel ? Calculations?
by esshup - 03/28/24 08:36 AM
Dewatering bags seeded to form berms?
by Justin W - 03/28/24 08:19 AM
Reducing fish biomass
by FishinRod - 03/28/24 08:18 AM
Questions and Feedback on SMB
by Donatello - 03/27/24 03:10 PM
2024 North Texas Optimal BG food Group Buy
by Dave Davidson1 - 03/27/24 08:15 AM
Freeze Danger? - Electric Diaphragm Pump
by esshup - 03/26/24 09:47 PM
Newly Uploaded Images