Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
BoomerTC35D, cjschuhmann, Teroni, EGS, Ben Davis
18,530 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics41,013
Posts558,521
Members18,531
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,606
ewest 21,513
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,159
Who's Online Now
11 members (anthropic, SSJSayajin, Bennettrand, Kendal, LANGSTER, Sunil, FishinRod, canyoncreek, Theo Gallus, LeighAnn, e_stallman), 1,053 guests, and 254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
P
I read this site and subscribe as well even though I don't own a lake or a pond because I CAN'T GET ENOUGH of this stuff! I can not wait to build my own pond or ponds and would love it if this cottage industry became more of a big house industry so there would be more jobs available for pondnuts like myself.

H
Lunker
Lunker
H
Well for all it's worth , I subscribe to the GREAT POND BOSS MAGAZINE! and love this web-site , but i don't agree with giving all those freeloaders a discount on the magazine. Just my humble opinion.

E
Lunker
Lunker
E
I've subscribed for couple of years now and have even sent a friend (with 15x15x10deep pond) subscription. I think I got most of the books for Christmas.

I had a brand new 3/4 acre pond and really didn't want to screw it up. So I called a pondmeister from Brenham to check the water and recommend stocking fish and rates. He gave me couple of back issues of this magazine and the rest is history. I would even say that the website is more valuable than the magazine, because of it's interactive nature. I don't have to look through old issues, hoping that someone published an article or asked a question that I had. I just type it into the search engine. If I still have a question, I don't have to wait till the next issue, I just ask it - OK, sometimes they get ignored, but that is just part of the deal.
I, for one, would be willing to pay subscription. I pay for some other magazines online that are not nearly as useful to me anymore. Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences.

I
I
Ed, I'm sure no one will have hard feelings towards ya, we know what you meant. besides, i've watched these folks communicate...they are very respectful, clean, decent folks, and as a new subscriber, i've gained so much from this site. concerning "contemplating" a pond, no owning one yet...NOW is when you need this site, not only later. for instance...you buy a pond thinking it looks great and you will "fix" it up....these guys give advice about stuff like that... it's better to know about this stuff BEFORE you invest money and time into a pond that you might realize will cost you more to fix up than to build a new one. anyway, i think we all agree, the site is great. the magazine is great. the advice is amazing. i have often wondered if Bob et.al. ever step away from the computer! I'm impressed. I'm in agreement to pay for the site, and the more people that are willing to pay, i imagine the "dues" would be cheaper.

Bob, I'm in full support of whatever you choose to do. this site is great and i have really appreciated the advice. I've also enjoyed seeing the comments, questions, etc... from other beginners like myself. thanks. mark

the janitor
Lunker
the janitor
Lunker
Great comments! The Pond Boss gang really puts in the work to make this site information central for pond owners. My recommendation to PB headquarters has been to keep the site free. A big part of the draw to new participants is access to the information.

How can we show support to PB for providing such a great community on the web? Buy their products. Take notice of this button throughout the site, and on the main page of the discussion board….

We have just finished building an online purchasing area that includes a quick and easy way to subscribe to the magazine, and also offers other PB products – check out the page at http://www.pondboss.com/purchase.html

J.P. Greeson
Web Developer for Pond Boss
Outdoor Sites Network
www.outdoorsites.net

C
C
Just subscribed today. 49 bucks to send to Canada, yikes! From what I have heard its definately worth it though, especially considering its paying to keep this forum going. \:\)

R
Lunker
Lunker
R
Just wanted to show my apreciation for this site.
Although I had asked my wife to order the Pond Boss mag. & books early May I found out this weekend it hadn't happened yet. So I signed up & ordered books this week on line!
Thanks to the Pond Boss staff for providing this forum & for ALL those who answer so many questions! :p

Pond Boss Subscriber & Books Owner

If you can read this ... thank a teacher. Since it's in english ... thank our military!
Ric
R
Lunker
Lunker
R
I can't believe it's already here! I ordered on June 2nd .. they sent my mag. & books pryority mail $5.00+ postage & I received them today June 4th!!! ;\)
Outstanding!
Ric

Pond Boss Subscriber & Books Owner

If you can read this ... thank a teacher. Since it's in english ... thank our military!
Ric
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Recent Posts
Pest Control around Pond
by Bennettrand - 05/16/24 02:56 PM
BG sex?
by FishinRod - 05/16/24 02:37 PM
recommendations for northern YP/SMB/BT pond
by FishinRod - 05/16/24 02:25 PM
Happy Birthday Bob-O
by Pat Williamson - 05/16/24 07:53 AM
Optimal vs. Purina
by gehajake - 05/16/24 07:26 AM
Repairing Dam with Culvert?