Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Mcarver, araudy, Ponderific2024, MOLINER, BackyardKoi
18,502 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,963
Posts557,977
Members18,503
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,534
ewest 21,499
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,148
Who's Online Now
5 members (Fishingadventure, Augie, jmartin, Pat Williamson, catscratch), 1,190 guests, and 343 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
I was just kidding, Cecil.

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
There's more people than you think who are either scared of doctors, or flat just don't want to know what's wrong.

My college roommate, he's been with the same company for 18 years, full health care, etc. He hasn't been to a doctor for at least 5 years. He's not feeling "quite right" and has for a while, and most times when I talk to him he's coughing. I can't convince him to go in and get checked out. Non-smoker, family is healthy, etc.

He's deathly afraid of dentists. Show him a needle and he better be sitting down in a chair that he can't fall out of because he'll pass out. I think he went 15 years between his last dentist appointments.

He works at a tech company doing programming and other things, and he's got a masters in Psych. He's not an uneducated person.

He just got a "we won't be needing your services anymore" notice that is effective Dec 23rd. I told him that he better get his butt to the doctor and dentist while he's still covered.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Good call, esshup.

Dude better get going....

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

J
JKB Offline OP
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J
Originally Posted By: Sunil
Good call, esshup.

Most Definitely, get on the ball!!!

With all the trouble I've had, boss uses me as an example to other employees to keep on top of things with regards to your medical and insurance.

After several phone calls this morning, I got the hospital to shove this last bill thru the insurance, even tho it was already paid a while back. I'm hoping the insurance will pick up on the error.

Surprised the hell out of me tho, that the hospital did not have any of my insurance details even tho a number of bills have been processed and paid. I've heard a bit that this just may be a 3rd party billing issue.

Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
I was just kidding, Cecil.

And I get carried away. My apologies. I'm used to debate forums where no one holds back.

I just don't like the status quo of the health care industry in this country. Disparate service and outrageous charges are not where this country should be. Most of us can only dream of the quality of care our congress critters get.

I look for the health care industry to implode on itself eventually. It can't go on the way it is in this country.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 10/17/15 12:34 PM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Originally Posted By: JKB
Good call, esshup.

Most Definitely, get on the ball!!!

With all the trouble I've had, boss uses me as an example to other employees to keep on top of things with regards to your medical and insurance.

After several phone calls this morning, I got the hospital to shove this last bill thru the insurance, even tho it was already paid a while back. I'm hoping the insurance will pick up on the error.

Surprised the hell out of me tho, that the hospital did not have any of my insurance details even tho a number of bills have been processed and paid. I've heard a bit that this just may be a 3rd party billing issue.

My mother-in-law was a coder and biller for a clinic. Oh the things she's told me!

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

J
JKB Offline OP
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J
For what it's worth.

Got the final bill for the tube ride (MRI), blood work, x-rays, doc visits, and a few other things. My total is $276 plus some change.

That didn't sound right so I brought it to a gal in our office that deals with this stuff. She said "it is" the final bill, but appears to be way too low for what you should be paying because you haven't even met your deductible, and way off from maximum out of pocket cost.

She said someone must like me because she has never seen this happen before. Just pay it and don't ask questions, because that bill should have been +10X of what it is.

eek I sure as hell hope no one get's involved on their end that understands math wink laugh

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Good for you. So that leads to the question, how are things going? Was a final diagnosis done or was it still a "It could be this or that." ?

How's the recovery road coming along?

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
J
JKB Offline OP
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J
Originally Posted By: esshup
Good for you. So that leads to the question, how are things going? Was a final diagnosis done or was it still a "It could be this or that." ?

Nothing official at this moment for a final, because they don't really know what's up. Doc mentioned testing for a couple other diseases, but no word on that.

Closest anyone has ever pinpointed anything is Lynn, the physical therapist.

She got everything working OK except my left foot, which can go nut's, and that's a fun thing when stabbing pains or severe cramps are waking you up in the middle of the night. Last night, I had to say hello to a new one. Where did this come from?

So, really don't know at the moment.

Don't ever take Ultram or Tramadol! Trust me on this!!!

It works like it should as a decent narcotic pain reliever that's laced with anti depressants, but you really need to taper off this stuff.

First mistake, and didn't know, is you just cant stop taking this. Really weird things happen, which we won't go into eek wink If you don't follow this taper down closely, like I skipped 2 days working with firewood and moving stuff from the shop, more weird things happen, then it's Fruit Loop City for a couple days trying to equalize this out.

Today smoothed back out, but it sucked getting to this point!

Nice stuff to make you a vegetable tho wink

Last edited by JKB; 11/05/15 01:44 PM. Reason: Today
J
JKB Offline OP
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J
Originally Posted By: esshup

Again.

Been going OK without the meds, but that is my choice. You know it every day, but not a huge issue. Usually Motrin kicks it, but had an episode last night where my left foot went uncontrollably nuts. Got up this morning and felt like there were some broken bones. It's all nerves tho, but that damn Radicular Pain set in all the way. That really sucks!!!, but had to cut it this time.

I hate meds, but if they work...

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Hawkeye in Ohio, JStephens, optimalfishfood
Recent Posts
Non Iodized Stock Salt
by FishinRod - 04/26/24 02:46 PM
Happy Birthday Sparkplug!
by sprkplug - 04/26/24 11:43 AM
New pond leaking to new house 60 ft away
by gehajake - 04/26/24 11:39 AM