Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Shotgun01, Dan H, Stipker, LunkerHunt23, Jeanjules
18,451 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,902
Posts557,116
Members18,452
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,420
ewest 21,475
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,112
Who's Online Now
4 members (anthropic, esshup, Bobbss, teehjaeh57), 706 guests, and 343 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
N
OP Offline
N
first try on picture of lake and dock.
http://s77.photobucket.com/user/Chris_Kr...?sort=3&o=0
If this gets you a picture let me know?

61 acre water shed lake. bass, channel cat, black crappie, wiper, walleye, redear sunfish, blue catfish and bluegill. To many bullhead and common carp
http://www.pondboss.com/news/videos/why-subscribe-to-pond-boss
N
OP Offline
N
great dock and ramp Like the way it is ridged. If you see any of my pics. the walkway would need to be 125 feet or more to stay out of the water. But the way it is made I think it could work for me. The walkway would just be underwater on one end for the week it takes the water to go down.

61 acre water shed lake. bass, channel cat, black crappie, wiper, walleye, redear sunfish, blue catfish and bluegill. To many bullhead and common carp
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Yep, I see the pics.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
A
A
Originally Posted By: nehunter
great dock and ramp Like the way it is ridged. If you see any of my pics. the walkway would need to be 125 feet or more to stay out of the water. But the way it is made I think it could work for me. The walkway would just be underwater on one end for the week it takes the water to go down.

Saw your photos, nehunter. Very impressive project! That is a LOT of extra water to deal with. That's also quite a forest of pipe installed on the bottom. I see that you have one tall pole/piling installed at the dock. I suppose the pole marks the location of the dock when it's submerged. Does the pole have other functions? How many acres is the lake? How well does the grass on the banks stand up to being submerged part time?

Al (aka Ancient One, Alan, Indy, Doc, or 'Hey you!')
Archaeologists learn by trowel and error.
N
OP Offline
N
Thats great it only took me 3 or 4 hours to get them on this site. The pole will have a light on it some day and it would be nice to put the date at the high water line. The lake is close to 60+ acres at full pool, almost 3/4 of a mile long at normal pool, when full running out of the emergency spillway (?). There is 20 acres of permanent water on our land, most of the open water. When you get into the trees they are so thick you can't get a boat threw them very easy, for now. Hope that will change over time. The grass if it is under for just 2 or 3 days comes back ok. But any longer it all dies and a poor quality type of grass (weed) takes it's place. The pipes if I would have to do it over I would have put them in at a 45* angle so the fish would be under them. Was told that crappie would stick close to the poles or any vertical structure so that is why I put them in. After I make a boat dock my next project will be water plants, kind of scary on what to plant, in the back water there is a lot of 1 to 2 foot water that slopes fast to a narrow channel where the creek bed was (7 to 8 feet.) Wrong plant gets started and I will have a large green mat to look at and very hard to fish.

A
A
Originally Posted By: nehunter
The lake is close to 60+ acres at full pool, almost 3/4 of a mile long at normal pool, when full running out of the emergency spillway (?). There is 20 acres of permanent water on our land, most of the open water.

That's a big area. How much of the basin was natural and how much did you have to excavate? Did you do your own excavation? I'm guessing that you farm and that you have some heavy equipment.

Al (aka Ancient One, Alan, Indy, Doc, or 'Hey you!')
Archaeologists learn by trowel and error.
N
OP Offline
N
Yes I farm and I did take out some of the dirt for my projects. But most of the basin was natural except what the contractor needed for the dam. The contractor would dig a hole taking the clay for the dam till he would hit a spring then move over and dig another. They wanted to make a smooth bottom and push in all roadways but I talked them into just leaving the bottom alone, they settled with just connecting all the holes so water could be drained out. With close to a 1/2 mile of timber being flooded that was not touched I hope some fish will be in the open water. As of right now all I catch is green sunfish and bullheads both I did not put in. I stocked bluegill, bass, redear sunfish, crappie and channel cats. Oh I forgot the first year I put in shrimp and minnows. I have caught some bluegill that I can't tell what they are, maybe a crossbreed or I have some other type of bluegill in my lake. I have not caught a red ear sunfish, will they bite on a jig? Well maybe I should start a new thread. Sorry for the rambling.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
cro, HC1968
Recent Posts
Relative weight charts in Excel ? Calculations?
by esshup - 03/29/24 01:06 AM
pond experience needed
by esshup - 03/29/24 12:45 AM
New pond middle TN: establishing food chain?
by Bill Cody - 03/28/24 07:57 PM
Happy Birthday Bob Lusk!!
by FireIsHot - 03/28/24 07:33 PM
Working on a .5acre disaster, I mean pond.
by PRCS - 03/28/24 06:39 PM
Fungus infection on fish
by nvcdl - 03/28/24 06:07 PM
Can anyone ID these minnows?
by Dylanfrely - 03/28/24 05:43 PM
1 year after stocking question
by esshup - 03/28/24 04:48 PM
Yellow Perch Spawn 2024
by H20fwler - 03/28/24 04:29 PM
New 2 acre pond stocking plan
by LANGSTER - 03/28/24 03:49 PM
Paper-shell crayfish and Japanese snails