Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
victortechy, fishengelbert, Woody Jones, Joe7328, Reno Guerra
18,475 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,938
Posts557,717
Members18,476
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,493
ewest 21,489
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,134
Who's Online Now
3 members (simon, Boondoggle, Freunb02), 703 guests, and 340 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
Glad all went well !

Great to hear there's good news so far, Phil!

Sending good thoughts and prayers your way for normal results from the MRI!

Keith

Keith - Still Lovin Livin

https://youtu.be/o-R41Rfx0k0
(a short video tribute to the PB members we met on our 5 week fishing adventure)

Formerly: 2ac LMB,HSB,BG,HBG,RES
Y
Lunker
Lunker
Y
Hope all turns out ok on the MRI. Normal bloodwork is certainly a good initial sign.

Originally Posted By: sprkplug
I neglected to say I'm glad everything went well. Little envious of the high potassium level though. Mine runs low, and the muscle cramps are quite irritating.
Are you on a diuretic, Sparkie?

S
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
S
Yep, darn hypertension!

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.
R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
Glad to hear, JKB!

J
JKB Offline OP
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J
Did you get to experience vein blow-out, or develop super-powers after the procedure? wink

I neglected to say I'm glad everything went well. Little envious of the high potassium level though. Mine runs low, and the muscle cramps are quite irritating.

Well Spark - If it's any consolation, I didn't LOOSE any Super Powers wink

It's really nice that the blood work turned out so well, but think the MRI will tell a different story. Really glad the PSA was normal, which was a big relief.

I'm a V8 veggie juice nut, maybe you should try that to increase your Potassium. I have to stay away from it for a while, but who will be the interim torch bearer to pay the mortgages of the folks that work at the V8 plant?

BTW: Sliver count, that I know of, ended up at 3.

R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
"MOM" Cody keeps me well supplied with V8 Juice from his local Campbell's plant...

S
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
S
Originally Posted By: JKB
Did you get to experience vein blow-out, or develop super-powers after the procedure? wink

Well Spark - If it's any consolation, I didn't LOOSE any Super Powers wink

It's really nice that the blood work turned out so well, but think the MRI will tell a different story. Really glad the PSA was normal, which was a big relief.

I'm a V8 veggie juice nut, maybe you should try that to increase your Potassium. I have to stay away from it for a while, but who will be the interim torch bearer to pay the mortgages of the folks that work at the V8 plant?

BTW: Sliver count, that I know of, ended up at 3.

I'm afraid it won't be me carrying that torch. I can't stand V8 juice!

J
JKB Offline OP
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J
Originally Posted By: Dave Davidson1
The only thing I have a problem with is waiting for the results.

Yep Dave, that sucks!!

Doc was supposed to have everything today and I was anticipating a phone call... Didn't happen.

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I've seen this from doctors also. It's the most important thing in the world to you right now but to the doctor? It's just part of a normal day. Good luck getting your results today.

1 ac pond LMB, BG, RES, CC
J
JKB Offline OP
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J
Originally Posted By: djstauder
I've seen this from doctors also. It's the most important thing in the world to you right now but to the doctor? It's just part of a normal day. Good luck getting your results today.

Won't be today. I just called and my doc is out of the office till Sept 8th. They have the MRI stuff and the gal is going to see if some other doc will take a peek.

This just ain't going well. frown

Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
Oh I don't think so!! I would be pissed off knowing I needed to see results of an MRI that I may need treatment on ASAP!!! And my doc is gone till Sept 8th.....

NOT!

RC

The only difference between a rut and a Grave is the depth. So get up get out of that rut and get moving!! Time to work!!
R
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
R
I know the Doc has a lot going on, but he needs to consider your anxiety, and
give you some info...

Just do it...
T
T
Sooo he told you he would call you with results on August 17th but he left town and now it won't be until September 8th???

Ah, yea think I would be making a scene.

J
JKB Offline OP
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J
Well, the gal called me back just a bit after I posted, but already hit the road, and I was slated for another doc to check things out while my doc is away, just that things weren't organized well enough when I called.

New doc (from a different location) got my file and promptly went thru it. Good news is they did not find anything they were looking for so the 3 nasty things (tumors, cancer and spinal degeneration) are eliminated grin MRI was clean as a whistle except it showed a bit of spinal arthritis, which this doc said could possibly be the culprit. I have an appointment with him next week to move forward and find out what's up.

Yeah, this stuff going thru your mind kinda mess ya up a bit, but am more relieved now that it may be something easier to fix.

Thanks a bunch for all your support, it is very much appreciated!!!

J
JKB Offline OP
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J
Originally Posted By: Tbar
Sooo he told you he would call you with results on August 17th but he left town and now it won't be until September 8th???

Ah, yea think I would be making a scene.

The hospital said the results would be to my doc by the 17th. Doc never gave notice of being away, but they had a plan as I later learned.

It really is difficult to find a doc around here. There was an insurance meeting at work last week and the boss brought up my situation of trying to find a doc for quite a few months now. He told everyone to just get it done and not wait till you need to see one.

Oh yeah, insurance meetings are always about your premiums and deductible being jacked higher.

Originally Posted By: JKB
Well, the gal called me back just a bit after I posted, but already hit the road, and I was slated for another doc to check things out while my doc is away, just that things weren't organized well enough when I called.

New doc (from a different location) got my file and promptly went thru it. Good news is they did not find anything they were looking for so the 3 nasty things (tumors, cancer and spinal degeneration) are eliminated grin MRI was clean as a whistle except it showed a bit of spinal arthritis, which this doc said could possibly be the culprit. I have an appointment with him next week to move forward and find out what's up.

Yeah, this stuff going thru your mind kinda mess ya up a bit, but am more relieved now that it may be something easier to fix.

Thanks a bunch for all your support, it is very much appreciated!!!

Fantastic news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! smile smile smile

[Linked Image]
Be Brave Enough to Suck at Something New!
M
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
M
That's super GREAT news Phil!....Enjoy the relief moment....Ok enough... Now get back to work you controls FREAK! laugh Seriously... Congrat's my friend!

That's great news, Phil!

And of all people, doctors should know how unhealthy it is causing someone to worry!

Now ,,,, don't worry, be happy grin

Keith - Still Lovin Livin

https://youtu.be/o-R41Rfx0k0
(a short video tribute to the PB members we met on our 5 week fishing adventure)

Formerly: 2ac LMB,HSB,BG,HBG,RES
S
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
S
Very good news, and happy for you JKB!

Now that it's all over, the boss wants to see you. It seems the amusement park is having trouble with their newest ride, The Ipecac Express. They advertise it as going from 0-60 mph in 2.4 seconds, and some geek with an app on his cellphone claims it's actually taking 2.46 seconds. Can't have that, what with all the lawsuits claiming false advertising these days. Run on over there and check things out, will you? No, we don't yet have the specs on the top secret power source for the ride, but better grab a dosimeter just to be safe.

S
S
Glad to hear it is nothing serious.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine
J
JKB Offline OP
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J
Now that it's all over, the boss wants to see you. It seems the amusement park is having trouble with their newest ride, The Ipecac Express. They advertise it as going from 0-60 mph in 2.4 seconds, and some geek with an app on his cellphone claims it's actually taking 2.46 seconds. Can't have that, what with all the lawsuits claiming false advertising these days. Run on over there and check things out, will you? No, we don't yet have the specs on the top secret power source for the ride, but better grab a dosimeter just to be safe.

laugh laugh laugh

Yeah Spark, I checked it out. The big problem here is the guy who set up the wireless from the PLC to the Remote I/O didn't know anything about Fresnel Zones or LTE coexistence. Just because you can see the transmitter from the receiver doesn't mean you have line of sight. The structure is blocking about 40% of the elliptical Fresnel Zone and the guy picked 802.11n @ 2.4GHz bandwidth as well. Tsk tsk tsk. The geek really ain't a geek at all, just a guy with a 4G LTE cell phone. If he was a geek, he would know that his LTE could be stepping all over the communications and contributing to the problem. No doubt his app is dead accurate, but you combine the two, and that's why they are off a tad.

I quoted them wireless radios on a dedicated bandwidth that no one else in the world would have. Not effected by Fresnel Zones and coexist with LTE. They really didn't like the price tag at all. Just gonna have to live with it I guess.

These amusement park people can still advertise what they claim tho. It's essentially physics and mechanics as to how the rides will perform at any given moment/day.

wink

S
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
S
Good job JKB!

And remember the company motto, regarding that suspect power source: "Sure, 1000 rad will kill you, but quitting before 950 rad is for sissies!"

J
JKB Offline OP
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J
I didn't see the power source as an issue, and it's at safe working levels. It really is a communication issue with some totally false signals and sometimes way too much latency between proper acknowledgements without chemical assistance.

Not thinking of this at the time. But I did an accurate timeline today of when this "mild" problem really started to suck and it was the following day after I had some AC current flowing thru me. Usually feel good after a zap, but this was brain fog city.

Seeing as they didn't find the "normal" causes of my left leg crapping out on me after about 15 minutes of standing or walking, I wonder if this could have some significance?

Those "make me a happy cucumber" pills are getting really old, and only take a half of one if I really need it.

I never did tell any of the doc's about this, but I'll mention it next week.

S
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
S
I'm telling you.....superpowers. That's how it always starts, with an unfortunate incident, followed by sickness, followed by "holy **** look what I can do"

It's the onset of superpowers. laugh

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Ralph D Hart
Recent Posts
Hi there quick question on going forward
by Joe7328 - 04/16/24 02:35 PM
Braggin Time
by Lake8 - 04/16/24 02:21 PM
What did you do at your pond today?
by FishinRod - 04/16/24 01:49 PM
'Nother New Guy
by FishinRod - 04/16/24 01:42 PM
aeration pump type?
by Theo Gallus - 04/16/24 10:19 AM
Golden Shiners - What size to stock?
by Theeck - 04/16/24 09:49 AM
How to catch Hybrid Striper
by FireIsHot - 04/16/24 09:45 AM
instant email notifications of post replies ?
by Augie - 04/16/24 09:31 AM
fishing tackle and tackle room
by FireIsHot - 04/16/24 08:30 AM
Compaction Question
by teehjaeh57 - 04/15/24 11:54 PM
What type of fry?
by Sunil - 04/15/24 08:58 PM
Group Text of Customers, Pay to Fish
by Fishingadventure - 04/15/24 04:24 PM
Newly Uploaded Images
Eagles Over The Pond Yesterday
Eagles Over The Pond Yesterday