Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Shotgun01, Dan H, Stipker, LunkerHunt23, Jeanjules
18,451 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,902
Posts557,113
Members18,452
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,418
ewest 21,475
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,112
Who's Online Now
4 members (teehjaeh57, Bobbss, esshup, Boondoggle), 754 guests, and 189 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
B
There is a good search engine for this forum- google. I use it all the time. type pond boss forum and your search words. I always get very good results. I often get too much good stuff. It rarely misses if I use the right search words. It even limits to the member's name if remember who posted it such as cecil baird1, sprkplug, ewest, or bill cody and include that name in the search. I don't like the forum's search feature.

Last edited by Bill Cody; 03/25/15 04:37 PM.

aka Pond Doctor & Dr. Perca Read Pond Boss Magazine -
America's Journal of Pond Management
B
B
If you type "site:forums.pondboss.com" (remove quotes) into your Google search it will only return results within the forum. You can also use "filetype:doc" or "filetype:pdf" (there are others) in the search terms and only get results that have Word or pdf files. Lots more search options with the all knowing Google gods.

Originally Posted By: sprkplug
I walked out and put that belt back on for that fellow, without even taking the mower off the trailer, just because he broke down halfway through the yard and rain was in the forecast. Didn't charge him a dime, but told him the reason it came off was due to worn parts...

Sparkie,

I have been in that situation as a customer and the first words out of my mouth are, "Are you sure I can't pay ya? When will you have time to fix er up?" There are some folks that recognize a good deed when done and don't take advantage of it.

On the other side....Years ago a guy knocked on my door at 2 AM in the middle of a snow storm and asked could I give his car a jump. He got stalled in the heavy snow on the country road. So I bundled up, got the truck and went down and gave him a jump and got him started. Had his wife and kid in the car so I followed him to the cross road that had been cleared to make sure they made it. He came over to the truck, said thanks and asked what do I owe you? I only have $4. I said nothing, maybe it will be me knocking on your door some night. He answered, "I wouldn't answer the door!"

Point of the story.....takes all kinds man!

Last edited by Bill D.; 03/25/15 07:28 PM.

[Linked Image]
Be Brave Enough to Suck at Something New!
OP Offline
Originally Posted By: Ben Adducchio
If you type "site:forums.pondboss.com" (remove quotes) into your Google search it will only return results within the forum. You can also use "filetype:doc" or "filetype:pdf" (there are others) in the search terms and only get results that have Word or pdf files. Lots more search options with the all knowing Google gods.

I will have to remember that!

My pond renovation thread here
OP Offline
Thought I would give an update on my aeration system as it is nearing installation finally. Life and other projects have been getting in the way a significant amount so far this year but I am finally far enough long to at least show some progress on putting my system together and preparing for the install.

Here is a a couple pictures of the compressor,manifold, & stand.

It has a gast rotary vane compressor, feeding into the manifold that splits it to go 2 diffuser locations. The manifold has a check on the intake (probably unneccesary) and a relief valve on the far end to keep from hurting the vane compressor by building to much pressure. This unit will be inside my back shed so I built a nice stand for it to go on that will be anchored to the floor. I will have to break a hole thru the floor to install an electric conduit run to run the lines to the edge of the pond.

Here are the diffuser units almost ready to go. I will be adding lifting ropes and floats to them that I will tie off several feet under water so I can raise the units for cleaning.

Here is the unit without diffusers so you can see a little more detail. I tucked the supply line down low in the tire to try to keep the air line from being a snagging hazard as much as possible.

I would like to thank Bill Cody for the help he has given me to get to this stage of the game.

S
S
I like the idea of the diffuser base buried in an old tire. I had not thought of that. I made a form and created a concrete base for mine with some quickcrete.

A little bit of quickcrete might work well in the outer part of the tires to keep them down. It is cheap and easy.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine
OP Offline
The holes in the top sidewall of the tires are to let any trapped air out I think they should sink easily. If I do have a problem with them raising up it would be easy to fill the lower sidwall area with some quickrete to add some weight.

B
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
B
Suggestion: It is better to mount the PVC diffuser frame base on the top rim of the tire 6"-9" above the bottom and not have the diffuser-hose connection on the bottom in the mud sediment which is often acidic and corrosive.

Last edited by Bill Cody; 07/29/15 11:22 AM.

OP Offline
I will have at least 3 splices in the long run to the north diffuser since i got my weighted line in 100' lengths. Any way to try and protect these Bill?

B
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
B
Protect the splices? Often the weighted airline can be glued together using a PVC coupler and PVC cement. No clamps are then needed unless you want backup attachment security.

Last edited by Bill Cody; 08/03/15 08:44 PM.

OP Offline
To be honest I had never even considered that Bill! Guess I was thinking of the line more as rubber hose and using barbed fittings and hose clamps for splices than pvc pipe. So do you use regular pvc couplers then? Any idea what size would fit the o.d. on 1/2" sinking line?

B
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
B
You are going to have to try this and try that to see what works for your brand and size of sinking hose.

J
J
I cut a plastic barrel in half and put my aerator in. Pulls in fairly easy for cleaning.

OP Offline
So finally managed to get my system installed and running about 3 weeks ago.

Compressor and manifold all anchored in place per Bill's recommendation I put a piece of rubber conveyor belt under the pump between the stand and it and also made rubber washers to to on the bolts on the bottom side. The system is pretty darn quiet, much quieter than my dads piston compressor system. The only thing that is noisy about this setup right now is the gauge... Somehow it is making an intermittent rattling sound that goes away if you walk over and touch it. So I will be looking for a liquid filled gauge to replace this one.

Hard to see on such a small picture but the deep diffuser is just to the right of the tree at the left side of the frame and the shallow diffuser is just to the left of the two trees towards the right hand side.

Last edited by BLUE72CAMARO; 09/21/15 08:51 AM.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
cro, HC1968
Recent Posts
pond experience needed
by esshup - 03/29/24 12:45 AM
Relative weight charts in Excel ? Calculations?
by jpsdad - 03/28/24 09:45 PM
Alum vs Bentonite/Lathanum for Phosphorus Removal?
by FishinRod - 03/28/24 08:28 PM
New pond middle TN: establishing food chain?
by Bill Cody - 03/28/24 07:57 PM
Happy Birthday Bob Lusk!!
by FireIsHot - 03/28/24 07:33 PM
Working on a .5acre disaster, I mean pond.
by PRCS - 03/28/24 06:39 PM
Fungus infection on fish
by nvcdl - 03/28/24 06:07 PM
Can anyone ID these minnows?
by Dylanfrely - 03/28/24 05:43 PM
1 year after stocking question
by esshup - 03/28/24 04:48 PM
Yellow Perch Spawn 2024
by H20fwler - 03/28/24 04:29 PM
New 2 acre pond stocking plan
by LANGSTER - 03/28/24 03:49 PM
Paper-shell crayfish and Japanese snails