Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
MidwestCass, Bucyrus22B, Steve Clubb, macman59, jm96
18,483 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,946
Posts557,793
Members18,483
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,510
ewest 21,490
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,141
Who's Online Now
9 members (esshup, ArkieJig, Boondoggle, canyoncreek, Augie, catscratch, FishinRod, FireIsHot, Theeck), 974 guests, and 269 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Lunker
Lunker
B
Hey Dave, Been busy keeping my head above water with this fun real estate market. Am going to start posting again.
Bruce as you know I am probably Kens biggest supporter on the board so I was disturbed to read how you were treated.We have never met face to face but your honesty would never be questioned.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
It made me feel bad that they implied I was lying, but it made me feel a lot worse to hear that lady trash Deb the way she did. It's an old, and very poor business practice that I've seen before that when someone leaves an office that they are used as a scapegoat for existing problems.

I never really expounded on how much blame they were placing at Deb King's feet. She deserved better. She put a lot on the line for that business. Imagine how bad you'd feel if it was your wife or daughter that worked somewhere and then her name was dragged through the mud after she moved on. \:\(

They took me for a few hundred bucks, but that's a lot easier to replace than a reputation.

Holding a redear sunfish is like running with scissors.
R
Lunker
Lunker
R
Thanks for this thread!!! I was waiting until next month and was actually going to purchase some fish from them. I dealt with Stephannie and she was very friendly and healthy. I have their catalog sitting on the table in the living room. Wow I can't believe this kind of shotty business is able to grow and keep stagging up unsuspecting people.

-RB

Future Pond Boss
[Linked Image from i53.photobucket.com][Linked Image from i108.photobucket.com]
M
Lunker
Lunker
M
I actually bought some Georgia Giants two years ago along with other fish I put in our then new pond and quite honestly, two years later--they are doing very, very well. They are bigger and more aggressive and have surpassed the bluegill in size. I have read alot about the F1 and F2 and stuff like that so I know down-the-road I may have a correction to do in population. But in the interim, our pond is SO enjoyable and we are not disappointed in the Georgia Giants by far. \:\)

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: RB Blackshear
Thanks for this thread!!! I was waiting until next month and was actually going to purchase some fish from them. I dealt with Stephannie and she was very friendly and healthy. I have their catalog sitting on the table in the living room. Wow I can't believe this kind of shotty business is able to grow and keep stagging up unsuspecting people.

-RB

It is too bad that they handled this in such a poor manner. Ironically, they had a chance for a public relations windfall if they would have just honored their original agreement. I'm a positive person who likes to write positive stories, but this one was probably the worst I've ever been treated in a business transaction.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: MarkECIN
I actually bought some Georgia Giants two years ago along with other fish I put in our then new pond and quite honestly, two years later--they are doing very, very well. They are bigger and more aggressive and have surpassed the bluegill in size. I have read alot about the F1 and F2 and stuff like that so I know down-the-road I may have a correction to do in population. But in the interim, our pond is SO enjoyable and we are not disappointed in the Georgia Giants by far. \:\)

Mark, I have no question that hybrid sunfish can perform well if they have a good healthy start. I've seen it a hundred times. If you take a bluegill/green sunfish hybrid, and put it in a good pond with good water they'll take off like wildfire. It was never the fish I was disappointed in. It was the people who promised something to a customer, then backed out. Remember, the customer service rep for Ken's accused me of making the story up, even though I have the PM's and emails to prove her otherwise.

E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
Guys have I ever showed you this GG ? There were more like this so I don't think it was an injury. I would never deal with that outfit on fish or mgt advice or service.

Mark I hope they keep working great for you. If you see any like this I would sure like a pic.

Last edited by ewest; 08/28/08 08:45 PM.

Lunker
Lunker
This "GG" = Georgia Gnat

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
S
Lunker
Lunker
S
Daaannggg!!! I just puked on my keyboard. That thing has the face of a goby. http://www.protectyourwaters.net/hitchhikers/images/gobylive.gif

-----------------
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Eric, did you see that fish first hand? Or in other words, did you order something from them?

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
No it came from a husband and wife who were new to ponds and ask for help after the fact. I had several pics from several sources and his and her written answers to a series of questions I asked wrt the pond. The fish had been in a new pond , about 3 mts IIRC from the source. The pics were new (1 day old) and did not appear to have been edited (size or appearance). The appearance of several of these type fish (see pic) is why they contacted me.

I did not order anything from them. I do have some horror stories that are unreported .

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Whew! That's what I thought. But after Bruce and then ahvatsa ordered from these people, I started to wonder.

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

B
Lunker
Lunker
B
That looks like a Three Mile Island fish.

M
Lunker
Lunker
M
Bruce, When I first got my GG what was supposed to be like 2" were like minnows and i didn't suspect they would survive but did. I'll try to get some pictures for you when we catch some this weekend. None of mine looked like that picture you got beforehand--that's ugly looking/deformed fish--I suspect if there was one there were more like him.
I totally agree with you in the way you were treated, someone forgot that the 'customer is always right.' They need to suck it up that they (or even their employee) erred and make it right. I'm an honest rightheous person and I'd be extremely upset myself if someone indicated otherwise. You bet ya!

S
S
Wow, what a thread. Making a post just to bring it back to the top of the heap.

A bad thread, but I had considered trying GG's, have been on the forum a couple years, and did not know any of this. There are likely others in the same boat.

I thought all those type people had already gravitated to politics or international banking. Did not know they existed in the fish business.

Last edited by snrub; 07/27/15 06:36 PM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Froggy Joe
Recent Posts
Protecting Minnows
by ArkieJig - 04/19/24 09:43 AM
Major Fail
by ArkieJig - 04/19/24 09:26 AM
What’s the easiest way to get rid of leaves