Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
shores41, MidwestCass, Bucyrus22B, Steve Clubb, macman59
18,484 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,947
Posts557,800
Members18,484
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,512
ewest 21,490
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,141
Who's Online Now
13 members (FishinRod, Donatello, DrewSh, shores41, Steve Clubb, Justin W, Joe7328, catscratch, Knobber, John Folchetti, Snipe, Sunil, FireIsHot), 979 guests, and 236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
F
F
Originally Posted By: readonly
Look up the elements for criminal trespass in your state. Start with the elements and determine what it will take to prosecute by satisfying all of these elements against an offender.

Make sure the property is properly posted. Document this with dated photographs.

Find out what the procedure is for you to swear out a criminal complaint against offenders, when a situation arises where you can meet all of the elements against an offender. This way you won't have to rely on law enforcement if they are not available.

Finally, if there are individuals that you already know and can identify as being a problem, send them registered mail now with a letter stating that they are not allowed on the property. Given an adequate description of the property in question and keep a copy for your records, along with the delivery receipt. This will help with any question of notice.

Also, consider a civil suit for trespass in order to obtain compensation for interference with the quiet enjoyment of your property.

I was able to successfully prosecute based in part on trail cam photos. It takes a lot of leg work but is definitely worth the effort...successful proescutions are a huge deterrent.

I can't agree more. Go after the real troublesome ones, and they let everyone else know. My troubles dropped 95% after I followed all the way thru on one, and it has been several years now since and no more. Sure you might get what I call the casual trespasser, but their numbers will even drop after you nail the bad one.

D
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
D
catmandoo: "I was threatened. I was subjected to a lot of negative activities on my property. I cannot even begin to list the terror we went through. I put in a pretty expensive security system that could be monitored by the sheriff's department.

The sheriff told me I could defend myself. I was never outside without either my 12-gauge shotgun or a big softball bat, unless law enforcement was in our immediate area. The law enforcement individuals would ask me to place my weapons in their cars whenever they were present. They also would secure my gun locker inside our house -- with our permission.

My wife and I decided to buy another place. There was a major sting operation about the same time. Many of the druggies, murderers, and thugs were arrested, or they fled the area. A number of properties were confiscated and auctioned. My property was purchased by one of the new owners. We were out of there.

We basically broke even in the sale. We found a property that is about 4 miles away (as the crow flies) and about 8 miles by road. The property is about 25 acres, and had one pond. I've added a few more ponds.

But, the big thing is the peace-of-mind we now have."

Hi catmandoo, Wow, you guys went thru a lot. We've not had it that bad, but would never want to have things get that bad. We actually had someone hiding a 14ft jon boat on our property that they would use to go fishing in our pond. I found the boat and brought it to my house. Surprised they had to be when they tried to go fishing again and found their boat was gone. Sometimes my buddies and I will go unload mad amounts of ammo on my 30 acres, just to remind those who live close in the hills that I'm an NRA supporter that likes to spend a lot of money on a lot of various types of guns. I am not willing to get into fights with others, unless it's in order to protect myself or my family from danger. We do have a security system on our cabin that the cops are aware if we ever have the cabin broken into.

We were recently contacted by a person interested in buying the land/pond/cabin, even though we have not put the property up for sale. If the price is right, then we'll likely sell and look for another pond.

10 months ago we bought 1.7 acres of woods that is connected to the 1.7 acres our house sits on. We now have 3.4 acres where we live and I've had 5 different people tell me the wooded 1.7 acres we just bought has multiple underground springs on the property and we could easily put a 1 acre pond behind our house. This is sounding like something we're going to want to do. Sure, a 1 acre pond is nothing compared to the possibility of a almost 18 acre pond I could have at our cabin property, but maybe having a 1 acre pond where we live would not be so bad?

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Just remember that in a pond with springs, that the water level is dependent upon the water pressure in the pond. i.e. a spring does not have a one way valve. In times of low rainfall, the pond will drop.

Personal experience here. My pond has "springs" in it. It will and has dropped 6 feet from full pool. So, my 1+ acre pond is around 1/2 acre when that happens, which lately has been 10 months of the year.........

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Froggy Joe
Recent Posts
Major Fail
by FishinRod - 04/19/24 12:40 PM
Muddy pond
by shores41 - 04/19/24 12:10 PM
'Nother New Guy
by John Folchetti - 04/19/24 11:40 AM
Protecting Minnows