Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Shotgun01, Dan H, Stipker, LunkerHunt23, Jeanjules
18,451 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,899
Posts557,051
Members18,451
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,407
ewest 21,474
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,110
Who's Online Now
6 members (catscratch, Brandon Larson, Layne, Dave Davidson1, Blestfarmpond, Angler8689), 638 guests, and 166 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14
J
JKB Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J
Originally Posted By: Lovnlivin
PS - A PB GTG on Lake Michigan! With the "Catch and Cook" dinner to follow! How cool would that be!

That would just be way too cool!! cool

B
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
B
I was just thinking that the folks back home probably won't want to sit down and watch 20 or so hrs of unedited film. Heck, you'll probably have much more than that. The TV part I can't help you with. If you have public tv at home you could approach one of them as an educational broadcast.

Do nature a favor, spay/neuter your pets and any weird friends or relatives.
F
Fatih Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Bob my guess is that we will have at least 100 hours of footage.

Sounds like a potential TV mini-series!

[Linked Image]
Be Brave Enough to Suck at Something New!
F
Fatih Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Bill it will make a great series. And not necessarily a "mini" one.

I can't decide either to speak English or Turkish in our shoot though smile . Because i will use my shot to talk with Turkish TV channels. But if i speak English, whole world can watch it.

Last edited by Fatih; 05/24/15 09:45 AM.
B
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
B
Fatih.....the new international Bill Dance!!

F
Fatih Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted By: Bob-O

Haha. I would love to be the Bill Dance of Turkey. Anything might happen depending on the success of this trip smile .

B
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
B
Well Faith, if ya get to my place you will have proof that there are flatland hillbillies!! Also may be your first overnight with trailer trash.

F
Fatih Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Bob, i don't exactly get what you are talking about but we'll see smile .

Fatih, we'll talk! grin

And Fatih, when you desire to be the Bill Dance of Turkey, have you seen his bloopers on YouTube?

I'm sure we'll have plenty of those too!

I foresee some interesting footage!

PS - Note to Fatih, nothing you do will get past my camera! whistle

Last edited by Lovnlivin; 05/24/15 02:38 PM.

Keith - Still Lovin Livin

https://youtu.be/o-R41Rfx0k0
(a short video tribute to the PB members we met on our 5 week fishing adventure)

Formerly: 2ac LMB,HSB,BG,HBG,RES
F
Fatih Offline OP
OP Offline
F
HAHAHAHAH! Maaaan , i watched this guy's videos before(without knowing who he was) and i thought they were set up.

Last edited by Fatih; 05/24/15 04:20 PM.
C
CMM Offline
C
I' mot sure I''m going to be able to compete with all this! I was really hoping yolk would send me three of those new fangled fishing onesies, but I haven't heard from him yet. Maybe I can come up with something. What if Fatih and Keith can hijack an Amish buggy and head down the road with fishing rods hanging out the back?
Cmm

CMM

CMM, Fatih and I will have some time to come up with something creative, if you're not able to get the fishtitution gowns smile

Or better yet, surprise us with "here, put these on" and we'll go fishing!

(a short video tribute to the PB members we met on our 5 week fishing adventure)

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker

I hope Fatih doesn't have the same number of bloopers. Bill Dance has a ton of them!! And they aren't limited to him - the camera guy was involved in a number of them.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
B
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
B
Essup, I appreciate your concern for Fatih/Faith being naïve about American celebrities, regional terminology, customs and even the difference of pronunciation of West, East, North and South. I know nothing about Turkey except the fact that late Nov they are a prized bird. Not to mention early spring and fall.
This young man is doing what most of us would only dream of. He is coming to a foreign country and entrusting himself to some insurance yo yo that he has never met and knows nothing more about than what LL tells him. Then one of his first mistakes is to befriend you and accept an invitation to swing by and visit, stay, and trust a hilljack like myself. I do believe from previous posts that he doesn't even realize what a flatlander or hillybilly is. Holy cow what is he gonna think when he meets a REAL redneck? I ain't gonna mention names but you know who you are.
Everyone on this site should make an extreme effort to let him know that America is a hodge podge of greatness. We are all so blessed, we should try to share those blessings with him. Also remember he has no clue as to how crazy everyone but me is.
To quote Forrest, "And that's all I got ta say about that".

Bob-O, out of everything you wrote, in a way only you could write it, I have to question the following statement:

This young man is doing what most of us would only dream of. He is coming to a foreign country and entrusting himself to some insurance yo yo that he has never met

I know of few people,,,, wait, I can't think of anyone who would dream of spending 5 weeks with an insurance yo yo crazy !

And hitting mostly southern states before heading north, including the swamps of Louisiana, I can imagine Fatih (and myself) will run into our fair share of rednecks!

Back in '08 a buddy and I were travelling through Nashville at the same time Vanderbuilt Univ. was having their graduation and we couldn't find a hotel under $200 a night. So, we found the most civil looking person at a gas station and asked if he knew where we could find a cheap hotel. The guy looked about as normal as you could find, but when we asked, he said "My cousin Bubba is right over there, go ask him, he should know"... .Yep, and there he was, one strap down on his overalls, with no T-shirt, waiting and willing to help!

Yet, even once we travel north, if there was a chance we could spot Sparkie, donning his fishing attire while fishing the banks of his pond in the rain, I'm sure Fatih would think at that point, that we had seen it all! (although, that would be PRIOR to meeting you, Bob-O grin )

There is so much on this trip that we're leaving to faith, hope and chance; that the weather will cooperate, we will both remain healthy and safe, that we can meet so many of you along the way,,,,, and that he can tolerate an insurance yo yo for over a month!

Fatih's adventure begins one week from today, and I hope you will all join me in praying and wishing for him a safe and successful 45 day journey in the great USA, and a safe return to his home land!

Keith (insurance yo yo smile )

(edit @ 3:15 PM) Bob-O and I have shared many PM's regarding this trip (all respectful, pleasant and in fun), and although we have not personally met, I was in no way offended by his remarks. I wanted to add this as others may perceive it differently.

Last edited by Lovnlivin; 05/25/15 03:17 PM.

T
T
I have been watching this take shape for several months and I think it's cool that Fatih will be coming to America(never being here before now) and taking his chances traveling with and fishing with a bunch of Flatlanders, Hill Billie's, Rednecks and Yankees and while in Louisiana maybe with some Coonass. America a land of all types and Good People. In my travels around America, I have seen a few signs where entering a town and a sign on the outside of town, would say "welcome to a city of good people with a few old Grouches". I hope he only meets people like you good pond people. smile This Memorial Day makes me proud to be an American.

Tracy

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy
J
JKB Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J
Live webcam of Lake Michigan in Grand Haven:

http://www.surfgrandhaven.com/cms/surfgrandhavensponsoredwebcam.php

It's a tad windy today this Memorial Day.

Last edited by JKB; 05/25/15 10:43 AM.
J
JKB Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J
Let's just hope we have good weather for a good day.

R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
I had always wondered where "Windsor" Missouri was. I never realized it was the homestead farm land of a family I have known most all my life that was incorporated into a town just SE of my hometown of Boonville, Mo. The Windsor's gave me my first management job...before finishing High School.

I may have to come down and visit when everyone is there!

B
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
B
Keith and Faith will spend a short time with me but will never forget it. Hopefully no outrageous stories, just good fishin ones.

Originally Posted By: Rainman
I had always wondered where "Windsor" Missouri was. I never realized it was the homestead farm land of a family I have known most all my life that was incorporated into a town just SE of my hometown of Boonville, Mo. The Windsor's gave me my first management job...before finishing High School.

I may have to come down and visit when everyone is there!

What a great story, Rex! How cool is that!

And that would be great if you could make it as we knew trying to catch you going through St. Louis would be a crap-shoot.

But we'll need to let CMM know so he can have 4 moo-moo's or "fishtitution gowns" (Sparkie's fishing attire) on hand smile .

Now THAT would make for some good footage smile

C
CMM Offline
C
Rex, you are more than welcome to come on down. I'm still working on the latest fishing fashion that spark showcased. That stuff seems hard to find😳. Anyone else in the area is welcome to stop in too.

Cmm

CMM

CMM, PM sent

J
JKB Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J
Well guy's, we'll have to draw straws or other elimination form to determine who is going to be the one to get the skunk out of the boat.

If you come up on the short end, meaning chosen, and are ill prepared in the Ritualistic Salmon Dance... well... so practice, practice, practice!

There will be video cameras rolling, so make it good!

Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Bob Lusk, GaryK, GrizzFan, PhotographerDave
Recent Posts
Happy Birthday Bob Lusk!!
by Rainman - 03/28/24 02:53 AM
Relative weight charts in Excel ? Calculations?
by Mark Dyer - 03/27/24 10:18 PM
Reducing fish biomass
by esshup - 03/27/24 06:17 PM
New 2 acre pond stocking plan
by esshup - 03/27/24 06:05 PM
1 year after stocking question
by esshup - 03/27/24 06:02 PM
Questions and Feedback on SMB
by Donatello - 03/27/24 03:10 PM
Paper-shell crayfish and Japanese snails
by Bill Cody - 03/27/24 10:18 AM
Brooder Shiners and Fry, What to do??