Greetings,

I had this dug last fall, and over the winter and spring, it is now full.

It's about 1/4 acre, with the approximated depth marked on the pictures (the 8's on each picture are only a few feet apart since I couldn't get the whole thing in one picture)

Here it was in December, standing in the driveway:

The only fish I have put in there are some fat head minnows about a week ago. I have sunk some skids (two on the end close to the driveway and one in the shallow end near the fence) for spawning habitat for them.

We will use it for swimming and I'd eventually like to have fish in there. What kind, I really haven't determined yet, I do like catfish and bass but I know that's later on down the road.

What I'm trying to figure out now is what I should put in for the water.

My original thought would be a fountain with a drop tube kit, centered over the 8' section. I'm now reading up on bottom diffusers and I'm really not sure what would be better for it.

The models I've been looking at:
Watersmith fountain I had planned on the droptube kit to pull water from the bottom.

Robust Aire

The fountain would add some nice decoration (with the lights added) and the pleasant noise, however the diffuser looks like it would both be cheaper to buy and run.

I do have a 20 amp circuit available for use on the post in the picture.

I really don't know what would be best at this point, so any advice is appreciated.

Last edited by AJE; 04/28/15 01:04 PM.