Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Amhano8r, shores41, MidwestCass, Bucyrus22B, Steve Clubb
18,485 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,947
Posts557,814
Members18,486
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,513
ewest 21,490
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,141
Who's Online Now
12 members (Theschack, jpsdad, FishinRod, Boondoggle, Sunil, Funky, eaunatural, Theo Gallus, catscratch, emactxag, Bruno616, simon), 1,036 guests, and 185 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
T
T
Originally Posted By: Bing
Originally Posted By: esshup
FOID = Firearm Owners Identification Card. Without delving into the political side of things (which would get this thread deleted or many posts deleted) it's something that the wonderful Republik of Illinois has foisted on their populace. It's needed before you can purchase a firearm or any ammunition. Out of staters don't need it to buy ammo.

Actually you must have a FOID card to even own or have a gun in your possession, not just to buy.

In the early 80's I had a bumper sticker on my dog trailer(it held 4 hunting dogs) the sticker said When guns are outlowed Only outlaws will have guns. Today I always carry my pistol in the truck on the farm and in the city. And I know if it is ever needed, I will be in the truck and not on me, where it should be. frown And I have stunned a few fish years ago smile

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy
C
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
C
If only we just went back to constitutional carry. It'd make things so much easier and people's rights wouldn't be getting violated... Novel idea!

I point guns at people almost nightly. I've seen people be shot and I've seen what gun shots do to people. As the saying goes, "don't point your gun at someone unless you're ready, willing and able to take their life."

I would never look down on or judge someone who wishes not to regularly carry a firearm. It's not for everyone! I just like the option... Just because my gun is always with me doesn't mean it must be deployed each and every time an issue arrises .

S
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
S
It probably sounds like I'm all against carrying a gun around your property, which is simply not the case at all. As mentioned earlier, I have friends who are firearms enthusiasts and carry handguns all the time. But like I'm fond of telling some of them, just fess up! Instead of listing the same old excuses for carrying, the might happens, the could happens, the what if it happens, just admit that you LIKE carrying the thing.

I don't think they need to justify carrying a weapon to me, or anyone else, so long as they do so legally. If they like carrying a gun, then OK.

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.
R
RAH Offline
Lunker
Lunker
R
I like your attitude and direct approach to things.

P
P
Ditto well said

Pat W

D
D
Was thinking about this thread over the weekend as I enjoyed my little corner of frozen paradise away from phones, TV, internet. On Friday, the news story about the man in Montana broke. He'd been burgled. He set up motion detectors and when a kid went into his garage, he blasted him away w a 12 ga. Got 70 yrs for premeditated murder. Based on the reporters, it was largely because he'd publicly threatened to do the punks in. Does this thread constitute a similar threatening by some? Could PB forums be cited in a murder trial supporting premeditation?

T
T
Originally Posted By: DNickolaus
Was thinking about this thread over the weekend as I enjoyed my little corner of frozen paradise away from phones, TV, internet. On Friday, the news story about the man in Montana broke. He'd been burgled. He set up motion detectors and when a kid went into his garage, he blasted him away w a 12 ga. Got 70 yrs for premeditated murder. Based on the reporters, it was largely because he'd publicly threatened to do the punks in. Does this thread constitute a similar threatening by some? Could PB forums be cited in a murder trial supporting premeditation?

I hope not, but a good lawyer might use anything he can get his hands on when it's needed to prove his case. And for the guy who set up this kid for a killing, I think he got what he should have. it was premeditated, I think he might have used a camera instead or just used the camera for what happened if he just confronted the kid in the garage. So if the kid attacked him and then he shot, he might not have gotten any cell time
Tracy

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy
B
B
Originally Posted By: DNickolaus

Absolutely. Anything posted on a public forum that is discoverable may be introduced as evidence. Be it pre-incident or most often post-incident (wherein someone posts online in a forum that they did something or something happened or they are venting etc.). If anything ever happens, shut it! Never post online. Find another avenue to vent. Your attorney will always tell you to say nothing to anyone until the case is resolved.

Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Just checking to see if this thread was back on topic. Nope. grin

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 02/16/15 11:19 AM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

D
D
I've read elsewhere that setting up an unattended booby trap on your own property will get you strung up. The fact that they are on your property doesn't give you carte blanche.

It can't be illegal to ponder how you'll deal with yet another intrusion/robbery. But any such pondering could be taken as premeditation to the ultimate event. Heavens, installing lights and other preventative measures could be turned into premeditation I suppose.

Is the deciding factor a risk to your person? The intruder in Montana was just nosing around in the guy's garage and unarmed. Was it a lack of warning/challenge?

Not saying the MT outcome is wrong. Just trying to understand how typical state laws draw the line between acceptable protection and an unwarranted attack.

There is always "you shoulda let the cops deal with it." That works better where 911 is 2 min away than in a place where it's 30 min at best.. if you can even get a connection to call 911.

Those threatening BG are really bothering me ya know. Stealing my feed all the time...

Lunker
Lunker
Originally Posted By: Cecil Baird1

If I were to start feed training wild BG, I would wait until water temps were well into the 70+ degree (F) range. wink

Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker

Originally Posted By: Shorty

If I were to start feed training wild BG, I would wait until water temps were well into the 70+ degree (F) range. wink

I did not know that!

Thanks

grin

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

Lunker
Lunker
I did not know that!

Thanks

grin

laugh

Just trying to get your thread back on track. grin

Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Originally Posted By: Shorty
I did not know that!

Thanks

grin

laugh

Just trying to get your thread back on track. grin

I know! grin

My BG were not pellet trained when stocked. I stocked 100 pellet trained PS 2 to 3 inches last October. I have been throwing them a few handfuls of small pellets the last week or so and they are hitting them pretty good. I noticed tonight that several 5 to 6 inch BG showed up to give the pellets a try as well. Maybe you can train BG to eat pellets by simply adding SF that are pellet trained and the BG will learn? Interesting to me as well was that a few not pellet trained YP showed up tonight but they were only interested in the FHM feeding on the pellets and ignored the pellets.

[Linked Image]
Be Brave Enough to Suck at Something New!
C
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
C
BG can learn even without the addition of of other pellet trained sunfish. Adding pellet trained sunfish certainly speeds up the learning curve though. You may eventually even see some of your YP learn to take pellets. They're not as easily trained once older and used to only wild foods...

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
April Newman, georgiaboy27, Keven
Recent Posts
Protecting Minnows
by ArkieJig - 04/19/24 11:43 PM
Major Fail
by ArkieJig - 04/19/24 11:32 PM
Muddy pond
by shores41 - 04/19/24 01:37 PM
'Nother New Guy