Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Shotgun01, Dan H, Stipker, LunkerHunt23, Jeanjules
18,451 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,902
Posts557,120
Members18,452
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,420
ewest 21,475
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,112
Who's Online Now
11 members (Sunil, jbird5986, Justin W, Bing, Boondoggle, bstone261, DenaTroyer, Theo Gallus, Shorthose, Freg, Fishingadventure), 886 guests, and 189 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Fatih, I assume you're talking about $1000 extra for a car rental cause you're 24??? If so, I "thought" that enterprise had a lower age limit at one time. You may want to give them a look.

1 ac pond LMB, BG, RES, CC
R
RER Offline
R
If you ae around Michigan during the summer I have a lake house very near the upper peninsula and you are welcome to stop in. It has great fishing and is a very beautiful place.

Goofing off is a slang term for engaging in recreation or an idle pastime while obligations of work or society are neglected........... Wikipedia
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Fatih, fly into Indianapolis or Chicago vs. Detroit. It's closer to me. I believe that if you have an international drivers license it will make things easier. See what you can do about insurance outside of the rental car company vs. using theirs - it might be less expensive. I have a client here that I can ask.

I'd do more research in the inflatable kayak, and you can send it back home after your trip here, or see what it would cost as extra baggage.

Lake Webster is NE Indiana.

Definitely make it to Texas if you can, the area just east of Dallas is the LMB capitol - LOTS of places to fish. There's many PB members here too.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
C
Lunker
Lunker
C
Fatih,

If you have enough money think about buying a car and then selling it before you leave. Had some friends of a friend from England come over for several months last year and buy a car while they were here. Something to look into.

B
B
Originally Posted By: Fatih

Let's make a little calculation: 7 days in MI and IN + 1 day driving + 7 days in NC + 1 day driving + 3-4 days in GA and SC + 1 day driving + 7 days in FL = Less than 30 days. I tell you what... I don't know if everything goes like this but unless i love a place and stay there much longer , i might have a good shot to be in Texas. I just don't know how to drive there? Too far away... Should be 3 days of driving for my sleepy eyes. Leaving the car in FL and flying to TX and rent another one there, will be little too costy for me but let's see...

Definitely talk with anyone you're looking to meet up with and compare schedules, set out a tentative calendar, look at the traditional weather forecast for those areas during that time frame, AND (AND THIS IS KEY) look at what you're fallback plan will be if anything happens. Example; life. smile You're to meet someone, but there's a death in the family, an illness, etc. You can't plan for everything, but have an idea of what you can do if something outside of your control happens. I did this a lot for international travel. So if you can travel to an area wherein there are 2 or more things to do in the event that one falls through you're not left holding an empty sack.

Bill and Basslover , if i will leave the kayak in the USA why pay 500 dollars? Extra baggage prices are just so sick. Guess i should find someone to sell it before leaving. Sure i would like to buy a decent one.

Oh I wouldn't leave the kayak unless it was cost prohibitive for you to take back with you. Find out what the airline extra bag fee is then find out what shipping will be, you may find it cheaper to simply ship it versus paying the airline extra bag fee(or vice versa).

Basslover i know GA is very good for fishing. Can't wait to fish together. I definitely want to go with advanced elements. My researches say it is the best for this price range. I might consider leaving the pump and paddles in the USA, to get the weight down a little.

Advanced Elements is a solid choice. If you have to or choose to resell it you should be able to sell it without a lot of work. If it looks like you're going to need to sell it consider advertising it wherever your final destination is in advance so you have time to work a deal out.

F
Fatih Offline OP
OP Offline
F
djstauder , i check almost all companies. So far Alamo seems to have most reasonable prices. But even they charge 800 bucks for underage.

So Bobby, are you going to be in FL or MI during my visit? smile Confused...

And finally, Scott walks in. Scott, we didn't have a chance to really talk on my visit. Do you think you will be available by then? I don't want to make your busy life even more complicated. About car insurance, it would be great if you could ask that guy about it.
Shipping the kayak back to Turkey isn't as easy as it sounds. When the price of the item is over 100 dollars, you have to pay taxes. And you might not even get your item, ever. Maybe i should sell my 500 bucks kayak for 250 dollars before heading back. I am sure there will be some buyers.
I seriously started considering getting to Texas. Just can't figure how...

Chris , i considered this but an all right car shouldn't cost less than 8-10 grands. Plus insurance and all the paper work. I don't know if it's worth to try.

Basslover, you should set out a tentative calendar too, for my visit. You know... This overcurious man can be a dinner to a bear or gator anytime smile .
What if i carried the kayak bag as a carry on bag in the cabin? Will they buy it?
I can take 2 baggages with me in the airplane. If i don't have whole lot of items to fill up 2 baggages(which probably will) , i won't pay too much extra for the kayak.
You can't find a decent inflatable kayak like this in Turkey too. Definitely wanna take it back.

Last edited by Fatih; 03/05/15 04:29 PM.
Y
Lunker
Lunker
Y
I seriously started considering getting to Texas. Just can't figure how...

Come through Nashville. Excellent striper/hybrid fishing in the summer. And we have a very good Turkish restaurant.

R
RER Offline
R
depends on when you come, th lake house is always available to you to stop in and visit and fish. I can have a local buddy show you around.

Pinecrest is a very neat place to stay and the fishing is great!

Goofing off is a slang term for engaging in recreation or an idle pastime while obligations of work or society are neglected........... Wikipedia
Fatih,

Just a thought, a lot of places require life vests or other flotation device to be on public waters. You might want to buy one suitable for kayaking when you buy the kayak.

Bill D.

[Linked Image]
Be Brave Enough to Suck at Something New!
Keith , would you seriously like to join me?

Fatih, I would learn more from you than you would from me because I would want to know all about you and your culture, but to travel a route meeting these folks, and the experiences along the way, would truly be,,,,, the creation of a good novel? wink.

A great experience!!!

PM me with dates as I'd love to see if I could work this out!

Keith

Last edited by Lovnlivin; 03/05/15 07:05 PM.

Keith - Still Lovin Livin

https://youtu.be/o-R41Rfx0k0
(a short video tribute to the PB members we met on our 5 week fishing adventure)

Formerly: 2ac LMB,HSB,BG,HBG,RES
C
CMM Offline
C
Fatih, depending on the dates, I have a 4 acre pond with lm and bg along with an extra room. If you travel through Missouri on your journey, you are very welcome to stay. So long as you share some of your adventures.

Your trip is certainly something most of us will never do. Enjoy!

CMM

CMM

R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
Same goes for me as with CMM, Fatih. I don't have my own pond anymore, but could get you access to several very nice fisheries in the St Louis, Missouri area.

R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R

Rainman and Pat... Haha laugh . Is it really dangerous?

Yes sir, it can be! I was seining a pond in southern Alabama when the net hung up. I learned that I can run on water when a 5' long gator tangled in the seine lifted its head and snapped at me.....I sure was glad I had the excuse of being in water for my soaking wet pants!!!

P
P
Rainman
That was the kind o surprise one can do without im thinkin. And those critters can get quite intimidating.

Pat

B
B
Basslover, you should set out a tentative calendar too, for my visit. You know... This overcurious man can be a dinner to a bear or gator anytime smile .
What if i carried the kayak bag as a carry on bag in the cabin? Will they buy it?
I can take 2 baggages with me in the airplane. If i don't have whole lot of items to fill up 2 baggages(which probably will) , i won't pay too much extra for the kayak.
You can't find a decent inflatable kayak like this in Turkey too. Definitely wanna take it back.

How do your authorities verify the value of an item you bring back? Do they go by the MSRP / Retail value, or a receipt showing payment?

In other words, if you had a receipt showing payment for a used kayak at $95 (or $150 if that amount didn't cost too much import fee) would that be sufficient "proof"?

F
Fatih Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Yolk Sac , i would really love to do that. Especially hybrid striped bass. Are we talking about Nashville , Tenessee?

Bobby, all right. I will let you know before i get to MI and FL and we will work something out. Thank you smile .

Bill, i didn't know that. I will. Thanks.

Keith, good to know someone is interested in my culture smile . PM sent.

CMM and Rainman, you people are great. I don't know why you are so eager to host a stranger, but thanks a lot. Once again, it is not on my route, but if anything changes i will sure stop by and enjoy your hospitality.

Pat and Rainman, i checked some statistics and in Florida only 26 people were killed by gators in the last 50 years. These numbers mean that dogs were responsible for much more fatalities than gators smile . I guess i am safe , hehe.

Basslover, the problem is that everybody tries to do that and custom officers are very experienced with that. They can smell the actual price of an item, easily. It's very hard to fool them. And this happens only if you ship the item. If the item is with me on the plane , no problem at all. Just too costy.

Last edited by Fatih; 03/06/15 05:52 PM.
B
B
Fatih -

That yak will fit in a checked bag, but too large for carry on at 57 inches.

If your authorities will allow it in with you in checked luggage I would check it and bring it back. Even if that means you leave most of your clothes behind - because clothes are easier for you to replace than purchase this yak in your home country?

That is presuming you utilize only a single checked bag. If you can afford two, then the second bag will hold your new yak.

J
JKB Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J
Just out of curiosity, your signature says this:

"Look at my user name again. You will notice , it is not what you think it is smile."

I've looked it up and it means a number of things.

Just curious is all to the reference and what the meaning is.

I work with people from other countries from time to time and the translations usually don't come over that well. One word can mean many things. I guess that's how Lawyers came into play.

Best wishes on your trip!

Originally Posted By: JKB
Just out of curiosity, your signature says this:

"Look at my user name again. You will notice , it is not what you think it is smile."

I've looked it up and it means a number of things.

Just curious is all to the reference and what the meaning is.

I work with people from other countries from time to time and the translations usually don't come over that well. One word can mean many things. I guess that's how Lawyers came into play.

Best wishes on your trip!

Don't know for sure but I assumed a lot of us Americans were guilty of just glancing at his name and seeing it as "Faith." I know I did the first time I saw it.

Last edited by Bill D.; 03/06/15 06:28 PM. Reason: Typo

[Linked Image]
Be Brave Enough to Suck at Something New!
P
P
JKB
Bill is right- for a while people were calling him Faith

Pat W

Y
Lunker
Lunker
Y
Yolk Sac , i would really love to do that. Especially hybrid striped bass. Are we talking about Nashville , Tenessee?

Yes, Nashville Tennessee. You're welcome anytime. Efes and Efes Dark already in the fridge.

Pat and Rainman, i checked some statistics and in Florida only 26 people were killed by gators in the last 50 years. These numbers mean that dogs were responsible for much more fatalities than gators smile . I guess i am safe , hehe.

Fatih, existing in close proximity to Rainman is far more likely to be dangerous to your health than any alligator. It makes me a little nervous from time to time that he's in the same time zone as I.

R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R

Fatih, I am sure those statistics were of deaths actually witnessed and verified. Who knows where all those missing hikers and swimmers out alone went. Not to mention all the one handed, one armed, or 3 fingered characters running around that survived....I AM joking with you to some degree, but the dangers of serious injuries are very real in many parts of Florida. A gator may not kill many, but they do bite many.

R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
Originally Posted By: Yolk Sac

Fatih, existing in close proximity to Rainman is far more likely to be dangerous to your health than any alligator. It makes me a little nervous from time to time that he's in the same time zone as I.

That was just harsh!!!! One large explosion in central Missouri,, a slightly smaller one in northern Arkansas, a couple holes in a PVC pipe that improved flow capacity in Lincoln Nebraska, a few ruts near ponds (multiple states), a SMALL hole in Cody's Ohio home and a slightly skinned up Tennessee tree, and that makes me a danger?!?!?!? Okay...I concede your point, but it's still harsh!

Last edited by Rainman; 03/06/15 07:34 PM. Reason: Added the hole in Cody's siding to the post before he did

J
JKB Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J
Originally Posted By: Pat Williamson
JKB
Bill is right- for a while people were calling him Faith

Pat W

I guess you guy's need glasses because I've never seen that.

It means quite a bit in Turkish language and most predominately as a conqueror, overcoming to the desired outcome.

People around the world think differently. Cultures are different, thoughts are different, what they expect and perceive are different to what they are communicating to you to understand.

Bottom line, is it get's lost in the translation.

Fatih, PM Sent!

Here's a list of the States you've already been offered to visit(?):

West Virginia
Virginia
Maryland
Illinois
Indiana
Tennessee
Missouri
Florida
Mississippi
Nebraska
And of course Texas, which would be a must!

And it's possible the list could grow by June!

What a trip this could be and I really hope I can swing it, if you could put up with a Nebraskan!

Keith

Keith - Still Lovin Livin

https://youtu.be/o-R41Rfx0k0
(a short video tribute to the PB members we met on our 5 week fishing adventure)

Formerly: 2ac LMB,HSB,BG,HBG,RES
Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
cro, HC1968
Recent Posts
Relative weight charts in Excel ? Calculations?
by Boondoggle - 03/29/24 07:18 AM
Dewatering bags seeded to form berms?
by RogersTailgate - 03/29/24 05:45 AM
pond experience needed
by esshup - 03/29/24 12:45 AM
New pond middle TN: establishing food chain?
by Bill Cody - 03/28/24 07:57 PM
Happy Birthday Bob Lusk!!
by FireIsHot - 03/28/24 07:33 PM
Working on a .5acre disaster, I mean pond.
by PRCS - 03/28/24 06:39 PM
Fungus infection on fish
by nvcdl - 03/28/24 06:07 PM
Can anyone ID these minnows?
by Dylanfrely - 03/28/24 05:43 PM
1 year after stocking question
by esshup - 03/28/24 04:48 PM
Yellow Perch Spawn 2024
by H20fwler - 03/28/24 04:29 PM
New 2 acre pond stocking plan
by LANGSTER - 03/28/24 03:49 PM
Newly Uploaded Images