Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Bucyrus22B, Steve Clubb, macman59, jm96, flowindustrial
18,482 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,944
Posts557,786
Members18,483
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,508
ewest 21,490
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,140
Who's Online Now
8 members (Bucyrus22B, Rangersedge, JPierson, MidwestCass, catscratch, Boondoggle, esshup, Theeck), 1,033 guests, and 186 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Brian, Sunil; Ya'll need to walk in, slap that woman on the can and explain who the boss is and just who she thinks she is messing with. Make sure that she understands who makes all of the decisions.

Uh, let me know how that goes for you.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Scott, let me ease the stress on your brain cells.

Pott's feed store in Emory does not stock AM. They do keep a 1/2 pallet of GFC in stock though. Orders for AM usually take 2 weeks. Different trucks than the regular Purina livestock deliveries.

The restaurant in Lone Oak is the Buffalo Grill.

The restaurant in Emory that's by Hooten's is the Y'all Come Back.

The restaurant south of Sulphur Springs on 154 that has the fried quail is Big Smith's Bar-B-Que & Catfish. They moved down the road to a bigger place.

Scott, when you're down, the misses and I are taking you to Seth's in Quitman. It's a dump, but serves incredible food.

It's sad that I can't find you a bag of AM, but I can tell you where to eat in a 60 mile radius to Miller Grove.

Now my brain cells are fried too, but that's OK because everything's better fried.

AL

Zep Offline OP
Hall of Fame 2014
OP Offline
Hall of Fame 2014
Originally Posted By: FireIsHot
The restaurant south of Sulphur Springs on 154 that has the fried quail is Big Smith's Bar-B-Que & Catfish. They moved down the road to a bigger place.

Al tell me it ain't so...

Big Smith's is no longer in that dingy old palace?

Fishing has never been about the fish....

Nope, I guess business got too good for them to stay there. The food's about the same though.

AL

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Rex,
Yes... I vaguely remember that and catching my one (and only) SMB ever while you caught about 5. We coulda won the tourney had I kept up with you

1 ac pond LMB, BG, RES, CC
Chairman, Pond Boss Legacy award; Moderator; field correspondent
Lunker
Lunker
So Dave and I get a taco stand run by Mexican gangsters, and Scott gets a nice sit down dinner with the Mrs? I suspected where I sat on the totem pole, but now it's confirmed. I'll take what I can get, don't want to anger any Texans....

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]

C
Lunker
Lunker
C
Originally Posted By: Dave Davidson1
Brian, Sunil; Ya'll need to walk in, slap that woman on the can and explain who the boss is and just who she thinks she is messing with. Make sure that she understands who makes all of the decisions.

Uh, let me know how that goes for you.

OK Dave but I'll have to let her know who sent the slap! See, I can get out of it that way. I've just been kinda disappointed in my pond lately and seeing all the new/old stuff will make me feel bad. Yea right, it'll make me spend more money! The conference will be right around my birthday so it'll be up to me, she can't tell me......wait, did I just say that? Naw, she's fine with whatever really. Let me see if I can get her to pay my way!

It's true hard work never killed anybody, but I figure, why take the chance?
Ronald Reagan

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Originally Posted By: teehjaeh57
So Dave and I get a taco stand run by Mexican gangsters, and Scott gets a nice sit down dinner with the Mrs? I suspected where I sat on the totem pole, but now it's confirmed. I'll take what I can get, don't want to anger any Texans....

TJ, you'd get treated better if you'd spend more time in Texas. wink grin One year I took a few days and flew down to San Antonio, saw the Alamo, spent a few hours in the Buckhorn Saloon and Museum (it's a must see I think) http://www.buckhornmuseum.com/ and spent a day driving around the hill country around San Antonio before flying back home.

I think George said I was an honorary Texan. wink

Al, I think those are all the right places, and Zep, yes, that's the place!

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
Originally Posted By: teehjaeh57

Flavor, it's all about the true flavor of TX. You're gonna live it.

Besides, Scott's from Indiana. If he asked one person at a taquería a question with that accent of his, all the locals would start screaming la inmigración, and start shooting. It's much safer for all the players while we're in the danger zone if you're there.

Last edited by FireIsHot; 01/07/15 05:13 PM.

AL

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Don't worry Scott, few of them habla inglesa anyway. Of course, the one or two that do would figure you're also an immigrado.

The biggest problem is if Bubba says "You ain't frum roun hyar, are yuh boah?". That means the entertainment is about to slip into road gear.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Originally Posted By: n8ly
Sunil, You would regret missing out and having to wait another 2 years to hang out....
... we are still 6 weeks out and plenty of time to move a couple flights around.

I first mis-read this on my phone while in the truck. I thought it said "plenty of time to move a couple of fights around." cry

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!
I read it the same dang way. I just figured he was hard to get along with! grin

[Linked Image]
Be Brave Enough to Suck at Something New!
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Al, go ahead and make jokes about immigration. wink You could drive down to the corner by the house in So. Cal and yell out "Migra! Migra!" as you drove by. It was like a herd of rabbits scattering for the hills.

I used to be able to understand spanish as fast as it was spoken, and could hold a conversation, but that was a LONG time ago. I'm really out of practice now.

Dave, wherever I lay my head at night is where I'm from. wink

Now where to get boots and a hat without breaking the bank..... laugh

Last time I came back from there and went out to eat here, the waitress didn't know what I wanted when I said I wanted sweet tea to drink.

When I lived in So. Cal. we'd bounce from going to TJ (not the one in Nebraska laugh ) and Rosarita Beach/Ensanada every outher week. It was a bit eerie going thru the toll booth on the way to Ensanada & back and having armed soldiers standing by every lane.

Last edited by esshup; 01/08/15 01:11 AM.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
I'm also a "used to be" on speaking Spanish. I can still speak it if I have time to stop and think. But I no longer understand it.

Yo habla poquita espanol pero no sabe mucho. Mexicanos habla muy rapido por este viejo blanco.

Last edited by Dave Davidson1; 01/08/15 05:46 AM.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
"I speak a bit of Spanish, but I don't know much. Mexicans speak very fast for this honky."

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

R
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
R
Sunil, you're coming to this conference even if we have to come find you, and drag your Spanish speaking ass behind a truck all the way to Dallas.
So start $%^&*&*&^$ packing!!!

Just do it...
P
P
We speak Texican here not spinich. If you gonna pack down here make sure that your state has recip. Laws that Texas accepts. Wouldn't want any of the Pond Boss family to get in a bind down here. Keep it concealed!

Pat

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
I'm most likely in.

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Pat, every trip somewhere I check the regs because things change so quickly from state to state reprocity wise. Here a lifetime CC permit is available and I have one. wink

I agree about the concealed part.

Previously the only concern was driving to Texas was driving thru the Republic of Illinois and now with the new regs, as long as I'm in the vehicle, I'm legal. Once I get out? It's gotta be unloaded and locked away from the ammo.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

P
P
Esshup

A lot of folks don't realize how important it is to keep er hid. I was a CHL instructor for a while and have heard many nightmares about this issue. I stopped teaching when the laws changed faster than the state could answer your questions.when you can't answer your students questions it's time to give up, there is to much at stake giving someone a license and them not really understanding what their responsibilities are.

Pat W

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Still on the agenda. I'm driving. Still unsure on bringing boat. If anybody wants to carpool mid missori down let me know. I'm 2 miles off I44. Can't wait. Sunil bring some of that beer with flavor you had at Bruce's.

If you ain't gonna fart, why eat the beans?
RES,HBG,YP,HSB,SMB,CC,and FHM. .seasonal trout.
R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
I am likely to show up....

Lunker
Lunker
Just booked a flight, despite the low fuel prices, 20+ hrs on the road became increasingly unappealing. Five weeks out? Wow, coming fast!

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Originally Posted By: Rainman
I am likely to show up....

Rex -- You better make it! Have you missed any PB conferences?

Lynda and I are sure looking forward to visiting with everybody.

Except for a few Pond Boss fishing trips and regional gatherings, I sure miss getting together with the group. It has been way too long since we all got together face-to-face at the last conference.

I really encourage all newer members to join us, especially if you have never been to one of the conferences. You will be welcomed like a very wealthy and very elderly relative about to change their Last Will and Testament -- but we have no expectations beyond friendliness.

We are open to all guests, whether invited or not.

We always learn a lot -- some people can turn problems into exciting visions.

We always have fun -- sometimes people find exciting gifts under their chairs:

We even do some fishing.

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!
S
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
S
It's iffy for me, and probably won't know till the last second. Mother nature has the final say.

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Froggy Joe
Recent Posts
How many channel cats in 1/5 acre pond?
by esshup - 04/18/24 07:01 PM
1/4 HP pond aerator pump
by esshup - 04/18/24 06:58 PM
Hi there quick question on going forward
by Joe7328 - 04/18/24 11:49 AM