Hi All,

I don't know if I'd call what I have as a "Pond," as much as it was a slew that was dug out some for the dirt it could render.
It's only 2 feet deep in the middle and maybe 6 feet deep around the perimeter. I live on 1 acre of land so this "Pond," is less than 1/3 of that. It's been nice having some water show but the cattails etc are moving in and it won't be much longer and the whole thing will be weeds. There are toads, frogs and turtles that live in there and I don't want to kill them with chemicals. I could get a small boat and pull by hand I guess (I'm in Minnesota and I understand I won't need a permit for that?)but would for chemical use? This is private property and is NOT listed on PWI so no DNR involvement but Soil and Water Convervation might say no to even pulling them by hand? I was told that I could legally fill in 5% per year which I'd like to do just by the back of my house cause the water rises after snow melt and goes up to my back steps (not good) but I don't know if that information is accurate or what other options are available to me (in Minnesota) without facing a possible fine? I appreciate any advise other members may have to offer, thanks.