Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Amhano8r, shores41, MidwestCass, Bucyrus22B, Steve Clubb
18,485 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,947
Posts557,814
Members18,486
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,513
ewest 21,490
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,141
Who's Online Now
12 members (Theschack, jpsdad, FishinRod, Boondoggle, Sunil, Funky, eaunatural, Theo Gallus, catscratch, emactxag, Bruno616, simon), 1,036 guests, and 185 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
O
OP Offline
O
I have been on this site for a few months. Mostly just reading and learning. I have 5 small ponds. Three on a normally 2 foot wide mountain spring that originates about a 1/3 mile up the mountain behind my house. They are really just large pools as the biggest is about 100' x 40' x 12' deep at its deep end. These I have stocked with Rainbow Trout, Horny Heads, minnows, and crayfish. We have stocked all by catching either fishing or with traps. When I moved here the little creek was pretty much a barren muck hole from cattle. I did a lot of excavating to control the runoff as all our water runs into the New river.
Now I have berms to direct the water through my pasture and filter before the creek. It does flow a lot of water steady when dry about 15 gallons a minute. I have seen the creek get 6' wide as very large hill pastures and lots of run off.
I have two small ponds that are spring fed with overflow then piped into the creek. I also have a marsh adjoining, one pond.
One of the stagnate ponds is my biggest at this time about 1/3 acre. In that pond I messed up stocking it with Black Crappie and Catfish that I also caught locally. We call that one the frog pond as thousands breed there every year. The other stagnate pond is called the pasture pond and a work in progress although near complete. So far only minnows and Horny Heads. It was dug to provide water for my cattle but fenced and then piped to a cistern.
I want to share pictures but all mine are too large. My Rainbow's are huge with the biggest towards 16 lbs. I am really thinking I need to catch him soon. I had one 10 pounder die last week from old age.
Can someone help me with making my pictures small enough to post? I know everyone likes pictures and I want to contribute what I can. Too ignorant to give advice except I did offer my Otter and Muskrat deterrent that has worked so far. Knock on wood, my head by the way. LOL
TIA, Mike

Old Wood
Antique Reclaimed Lumber
Great Site!
S
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
S
OW, I'm not very tech savvy but I can tell you that most on here utilize a photo hosting site, such as photobucket, to store and post photos from. Are you trying to post right from your computer, or are you set up with one of the photo hosting sites?

"Forget pounds and ounces, I'm figuring displacement!"

If we accept that: MBG(+)FGSF(=)HBG(F1)
And we surmise that: BG(>)HBG(F1) while GSF(<)HBG(F1)
Would it hold true that: HBG(F1)(+)AM500(x)q.d.(=)1.5lbGRWT?
PB answer: It depends.
L
L
If you dont want to sign up for an image hosting service, this forum can host a few smaller images. You can get Picasa from Google for free, and use it to resize and touch up images. Then you can add the smaller resized exports to posts here.
I used Picasa web albums in the past, but Google pulled that all into Google Plus, lowered usability and ticked me off.

Originally Posted By: Old Wood
...Can someone help me with making my pictures small enough to post? I know everyone likes pictures and I want to contribute what I can...

OW, if you're using a PC, then Windows Paint can resize the picture. If you're on a Mac, then Preview can resize the pics. Both are free, and installed with the operating systems.

Hope this helps.

AL

H
H
Hello Old Wood! Welcome to the forum.
You have a good stock.
Can you share pics of your ponds here on the board, please.

O
OP Offline
O
Thanks Guys,
I will try the windows paint and then photo bucket. Aside from showing my ponds and the rainbows I would like some help iding my cats, crappie, and minnows. This forum is a great resource. We think the cats are blues and the crappie are black but I have no idea what the two types of minnows are.
They do breed well as I have thousands of young. I catch them all local in a bold creek that my creek runs into. One has a bright stripe the length and I have watched them jump my waterfall to go upstream. The horney heads are a type of creek sucker that get pretty big. Before the otters wiped me out up to about 14"s or so. They do bite on bait and are pretty scrappy. Pictures soon i hope.
Mike

Old Wood
Antique Reclaimed Lumber
Great Site!
F
F
OW, If you are using Photobucket(or should I say you will try), I don't think I would waste the work it takes to resize them in the "paint" program. For me, PB forum has never had a problem with what size photos I loaded into photobucket. I think it automatically adjusts them. When the pics are loaded in photobucket, you will have an option to click "copy" for the link to bring it to a forum and paste it here.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Agreed. I think Photobucket automatically resizes them.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
O
OP Offline
O
Can someone give me step by step from photobucket. I am set up but IGNORANT on cut and paste or whatever.
TIA Mike

Old Wood
Antique Reclaimed Lumber
Great Site!
J
JKB Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J
With photobucket, all I ever do is find the pic, then right click and then "copy image location" (this is in Firefox), then when you full reply here, go to "Enter an Image". 4th icon from the left. Click on that and you'll have a few options on inserting an image. I always use the first option of inserting a non floating image. Then paste. You do not have to back over the highlighted blue stuff, but just paste over it.

This is a pic that Bing took while at esshup's gig in Grovertown, IN. File size is 5.17 meg, but it automatically get's resized thru the process. It's about 140K here.

Bing has a nice camera. You should see these full size on a hi-rez screen.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
April Newman, georgiaboy27, Keven
Recent Posts
Protecting Minnows
by ArkieJig - 04/19/24 11:43 PM
Major Fail
by ArkieJig - 04/19/24 11:32 PM
Muddy pond
by shores41 - 04/19/24 01:37 PM
'Nother New Guy
by teehjaeh57 - 04/19/24 01:36 PM