Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Ponderific2024, MOLINER, BackyardKoi, Lumberman1985, Bennettrand
18,500 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,961
Posts557,951
Members18,500
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,534
ewest 21,497
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,146
Who's Online Now
12 members (ArkieJig, highflyer, Lake8, catscratch, WallyB, Bigtrh24, Mainer, TonyinKY, Bill Cody, Rick O, Willowwood, Augie), 1,104 guests, and 216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
B
Fingerling
Fingerling
B
Here in Texas the Game Warden is probably the most powerful law enforcement officer. In some ways he is a policeman, judge & jury all wrapped up into 1 person. 99% of all LEO are good hardworking folks that deserve our respect. I believe that most of us will agree with the actions of their local Game Wardens.

But on occasion, most of us have run into a LEO that might not be exactly friendly. Add in a mysterious phone call wanting a meeting without any reason being given....well it gives a man an opportunity to ponder what issue has come knocking on the door.

The Boy Scout moto "Always be prepared" comes to mind. Bing has reached out for some advice and I think that he has gotten a good dose of it. Bing appears ready to extend a hand and maybe made a friend or if the situation calls for it he will have legal counsel available.

The issue is likely minor, but it appears Bing will be ready for whatever comes his way.

It's another day in paradise
Rainman, sorry to hear what you're going through! Unfortunately the end game is seldom "oops sorry, we made a mistake". "Some" of those in/with authority (which seems to include all govt agencies) always seem to find their way into our lives (and wallet). Is there a competitor that sees your business growing, that has connections?

As for Bing, we can only hope it's a "no big deal, just wanted to visit with you about the complaint".

So many of us try to live and work with an "out of sight, out of mind" philosophy especially regarding govt agencies, but there's always someone or some group finding a way to meddle!

I certainly wish you both the best!

Last edited by Lovnlivin; 06/25/14 10:33 AM. Reason: Didn't mean to include ALL of those in or with authority! I have many friends and clients in different forms of law enforcement that don't fall into that group!

Keith - Still Lovin Livin

https://youtu.be/o-R41Rfx0k0
(a short video tribute to the PB members we met on our 5 week fishing adventure)

Formerly: 2ac LMB,HSB,BG,HBG,RES
J
J
Well, speaking as a police officer myself, I can't remember a time I couldn't give information of a simple complaint over the phone. I also can't remember a time I couldn't deal with a complaint by attending the residence and speaking with the home owner. This is IF it was only a simple complaint.....

The only time I needed someone to come to the detachment is when recorded interviews were required, but of course I would explain all this on the phone.

There's always the exception, I'm sure there's a good reason.

It Does Sound kinda weird to me bing, good luck man,keep us posted,

J

B
Bing Offline OP
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
B
Well it might be time for me to put a cap on my comments. From neighbors, friends, etc. I have learned that I am not the object of their concern. Others have been approached. Although I have an inkling what might be involved I am in no way certain of that, nor in a position to comment.

I have received some great suggestions here and have implemented some of them. I have discussed it extensively with council (before I found that I am not the target). We reviewed nearly every thing I have done that could even approach involvement and there is just nothing there. One other thing, however, that council advised was to make no further comments on social media. When it is all over and if there is nothing to call out or embarrass a friend or neighbor I will make a follow-up.

Thank each of you for your advice and comments. One of the comments, in additional to the legalistic ones, was about getting along with your Game Warden. I have never met this one, and think it will be interesting, I look forward to seeing if we have a civil enough conversation to start a friendly rapport.

One question that several people have asked is how they got my cell phone number. Easy explanation, he called the house when I was gone and my wife thought it was a business call and gave the number to him. He first called me when I was in my car and it is illegal to talk on a cell phone without hands free in Illinois. I answered briefly and ask him to call back. He countered with calling back to my phone messaging with a contact number and I returned his call within the hour.

Thank you all for your interest and your comments. Rainman, whatever your involvement is or has been with the State of Illinois I only wish the best for you. You are a good man.

"I love living. I have some problems with my life, but living is the best thing they've come up with so far." � Neil Simon,
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Connie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding!

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Understood Bing! Let us know how things turn out when you can.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
R
R
Looks like I was in the ball park on this one. Brother Bing is not the subject of an investigation, but perhaps a witness of some sort. You attorney did give you some good advice, that being to lay off on the social media, regarding this topic, at least for now.

Move along folks,.... nothing to see here...... smile

Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hope you can fill us in after this is over.. hope it all goes good for you too man..

I believe in catch and release. I catch then release to the grease..

BG. CSBG. LMB. HSB. RES.

[Linked Image from i90.photobucket.com]
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Is Bing in the slammer? Hope all worked out well buddy..

I believe in catch and release. I catch then release to the grease..

BG. CSBG. LMB. HSB. RES.

[Linked Image from i90.photobucket.com]
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Bing, what's the word????

"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
I guess he may have to stay silent, perhaps...

J
JKB Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J
Originally Posted By: Sunil
I guess he may have to stay silent, perhaps...

Those witness protection programs are a tad life changing. I hope they are feeding him well wink

I also hope they aren't looking for the CD Bing sent me of the pics he took at esshups gig last year laugh

J
JKB Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J
Originally Posted By: Bluegillerkiller
Is Bing in the slammer? Hope all worked out well buddy..

Probably in a work release program by now cleaning up all the litter thrown on the roads wink laugh

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
The crazy thing is that my younger son and my bride bought me a Father's day gift!

My wife knows Fred and Connie through Pond Boss.

I'm into old radios, old records, amateur radio "boat anchors", etc.

Where did my Father's Day gift come from?? It came from Bing and company!

Thanks Bing and family.

Ken

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
I think whatever is going on isn't finalized yet, so nothing can be said.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
Editor, Pond Boss Magazine
Lunker
Editor, Pond Boss Magazine
Lunker
All,
I've actually had some time to read through a bunch of threads today, including this one.
Since it sounds to me like there might be some legal issue lingering out there somewhere, I've chosen to lock this thread and leave it be. I thought about deleting it...which I may still do, but for now I'll leave it up.
I know enquiring minds want to know, as do I, but common sense is suggesting I lock it and leave it be.

Teach a man to grow fish...
He can teach to catch fish...
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
cobra01, Dan123, micam5, Rich B, woodster
Recent Posts
Prayers needed
by Fishingadventure - 04/24/24 11:24 PM
Inland Silver sided shiner
by Fishingadventure - 04/24/24 06:40 PM
1/2 Acre Pond Build