Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Shotgun01, Dan H, Stipker, LunkerHunt23, Jeanjules
18,451 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,902
Posts557,113
Members18,452
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,418
ewest 21,475
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,112
Who's Online Now
4 members (teehjaeh57, Bobbss, esshup, Boondoggle), 754 guests, and 189 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Originally Posted By: Dave Davidson1
... Take your wife to the meeting. That way, if there is a real problem, you can say she did it and let them arrest her. That way you won't lose your hunting and/or fishing license.

I bet she'd love that!

I had a almost retired buddy who was burning sicktime on weekends just before he retired, and he always reported off sick with his wife. He was finally called in to the chief's office and confronted about sicktime abuse. He stepped right up and said he thought his wife was faking her illness, and demanded an internal fire dept. investigation. It was a veteran move IMO. His chief just shook his head, and told him to get out of his damned office.

Bing I'm not sure about IL, but down here, game wardens have carte blanche to do and go anywhere they want. Lot's of good advice given, and let us know how this goes.

AL

D
D
Put the shoe on the other foot for a sec.

I know the guys has guns.
He has a large property.

I am going to ask him to come in an see me because he is less likely to meet me with a gun in hand or one behind the door loaded. Don't know this guy but do know he has guns. Could go off nutty easy, might be a puppy dog.

The problem with law enforcement is you need to think of your safety first but manage to get your job done.

I am sure you have nothing to worry about he is just hoping to meet with out guns and on familiar ground to him. Your to comfortable at home. He has many officers coming and going all the time at his office for back up and or help if it escalates.

Cheers Don.

[Linked Image from corvettejunkie.com]
http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4

7/8th of an acre, Perch only pond, Ontario, Canada.
B
Fingerling
Fingerling
B
"Take your wife to the meeting. That way, if there is a real problem, you can say she did it and let them arrest her. That way you won't lose your hunting and/or fishing license."

Leave it to David to get down to brass tacks and give the best answer.

It's another day in paradise
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
Well if your nearest neighbor is 1/4 mile away or so I have a hard time wondering what this complaint could be.

I have been visted by the cops a couple of times for shooting at our place as the neighbors reported me. I never had Game and Fish come out or call me for a shooting complaint....

I tell ya I have lived all my life in the city and never had one complaint against me. I buy 12 acres of land out in the country and the cops have come seen me 3 times now.... Stupid neighbors...

Each time the cops are like hey we have to come out here because a complaint has been called in, we can't do anything about it, but we have to come. So the cop sits down with me we BS for a while and he goes on his way.... But my neighbors are like 400 yards away not a 1/4 mile and they get a little pissy at times. The crazy thing is where I have my land I am allowed to actually shoot from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. I was like who needs to be shooting at 10PM?? The rules are quite easy going that's for sure...

Anyway keeps up posted Bing can't wait to hear what this is about.

RC

Last edited by RC51; 06/24/14 07:51 AM.

The only difference between a rut and a Grave is the depth. So get up get out of that rut and get moving!! Time to work!!
V
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
V
The only thing I would add to Dave's suggestion about taking your wife is to take mine too. Then you can tell the warden they were both in it together and should each be punished to the fullest extent of the law.

Thanks for the laugh this morning Dave.

J
Lunker
Lunker
J
I smell something fishy like maybe someone is setting you up for a prank.

Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
A prank! Hey yeah maybe they are going to steal your old car you have in the garage when your at the GW's office and your going to be on Overhauling!!!

SWEET!!! smile

Just playing Bing good luck and keep us posted.

RC

The only difference between a rut and a Grave is the depth. So get up get out of that rut and get moving!! Time to work!!
B
Bing Offline OP
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
B
They can't steal my old car! I'll be drivin' it.

"I love living. I have some problems with my life, but living is the best thing they've come up with so far." � Neil Simon,
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker

Originally Posted By: Bing
They can't steal my old car! I'll be drivin' it.

LOL!! laugh laugh

M
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
M
I can't add anything but to say. I hope all works out for you sir, that sure does suck not knowing why!

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
"Take your wife to the meeting. That way, if there is a real problem, you can say she did it and let them arrest her. That way you won't lose your hunting and/or fishing license."

I knew I liked you for a reason, Guv!!!!

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

Chairman, Pond Boss Legacy award; Moderator; field correspondent
Lunker
Online Content
Chairman, Pond Boss Legacy award; Moderator; field correspondent
Lunker
Originally Posted By: Bushwacker

Leave it to David to get down to brass tacks and give the best answer.

+100 - LOL!

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]

In some states when a LEO queries a name, it will flag the person if they have a CCW. If that's the case here, maybe the GW followed established procedure or just exercised (poor) judgement. Just a thought.

Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
The LEO and the CCW with the GW. Wow... Abbreviation overload crazy crazy Dang it. It's so confusing sometimes! smile

RC

R
R
OK, I'll have to odd point of view here. I'm going to say that most here have too big of expectations (and imaginations) and will be disappointed (sort of) to find out it was only "this" or just "that". There are dozens of other scenarios that this could be about, not just poor Bing being a suspect in some criminal violation. Heck, his neighbors could be suspects in a criminal investigation and the GW doesn't want to chance going near their place to question Bing as a possible witness. Who knows, it could be lots of different things. Keep us posted Bing.

R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
Personally, I would cancel or refuse unless and until they told me exactly what the purpose and intent is! IF there were any actual complaint, and they were on ANYTHING other than a fishing expedition, the IDNR would be making a visit, not a call. There can't be anything other than their self-serving goals to talk on their turf with you under the guise of a complaint lodged against you, unless they hope to entangle you somehow and have you incriminate yourself somehow.

Last edited by Rainman; 06/24/14 01:55 PM.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Bing, how did he get your cell phone number?

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
I am with RM on this!! The GW's here don't go anywhere alone most times and they have all kinds of authority. I don't see why he would be afraid to visit him at his place... Specially if he has his cell phone to let him know hey I am coming to see you now is that ok? It's not like he has to roll up to Bings with guns blazing the guy has his cell phone number?

Sunil that's a good point? How did he get your cell number? Although he could have ran a check on you and got it that way maybe???

I'm telling here in Arkansas the Game and Fish have as much right as the fricken State Troopers if not more!! Specially during hunting season!!

RC

Last edited by RC51; 06/24/14 02:25 PM.

Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
Here you go. Straight from our Game and Fish website. Wow these guys can petty much do what they want to!!

Wildlife officers are certified law enforcement officers with statewide jurisdiction and full police authority. They are primarily responsible for the enforcement of all AGFC regulations, but are capable of enforcing all state laws as well.

I would have already called them to see what they wanted. Hopefully they want you as a witness or something and its no big deal. Making you stress over this is pretty ridiculous. Its amazing how cops/gw can make you feel like a criminal even if you've done nothing wrong.

R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
Originally Posted By: RC51
I am with RM on this!! The GW's here don't go anywhere alone most times and they have all kinds of authority. I don't see why he would be afraid to visit him at his place... Specially if he has his cell phone to let him know hey I am coming to see you now is that ok? It's not like he has to roll up to Bings with guns blazing the guy has his cell phone number?

Sunil that's a good point? How did he get your cell number? Although he could have ran a check on you and got it that way maybe???

I'm telling here in Arkansas the Game and Fish have as much right as the fricken State Troopers if not more!! Specially during hunting season!!

RC

RC, they have more in AR...Read your fishing/hunting permit. By signing, you authorize AR wardens to search any property, including your person, car, and home, without a warrant.

R
RAH Offline
Lunker
Lunker
R
I do not think it is out of line to ask what they want. I would not meet without some kind of explanation.

Last edited by RAH; 06/24/14 04:37 PM.
J
JKB Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J
I see a tad bit of fear in most of the comments.

R
RAH Offline
Lunker
Lunker
R
Fear of silliness - you bet!

R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
Originally Posted By: JKB
I see a tad bit of fear in most of the comments.

As RAH said, of silliness maybe...and also a healthy skepticism of unexpected, abnormal circumstances and investigative norms...

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
cro, HC1968
Recent Posts
pond experience needed
by esshup - 03/29/24 12:45 AM
Relative weight charts in Excel ? Calculations?
by jpsdad - 03/28/24 09:45 PM
Alum vs Bentonite/Lathanum for Phosphorus Removal?
by FishinRod - 03/28/24 08:28 PM
New pond middle TN: establishing food chain?
by Bill Cody - 03/28/24 07:57 PM
Happy Birthday Bob Lusk!!
by FireIsHot - 03/28/24 07:33 PM
Working on a .5acre disaster, I mean pond.
by PRCS - 03/28/24 06:39 PM
Fungus infection on fish
by nvcdl - 03/28/24 06:07 PM
Can anyone ID these minnows?
by Dylanfrely - 03/28/24 05:43 PM
1 year after stocking question
by esshup - 03/28/24 04:48 PM
Yellow Perch Spawn 2024
by H20fwler - 03/28/24 04:29 PM
New 2 acre pond stocking plan
by LANGSTER - 03/28/24 03:49 PM
Paper-shell crayfish and Japanese snails