Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Lumberman1985, Bennettrand, Jward87, Kanon M, KWL
18,497 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,961
Posts557,941
Members18,498
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,534
ewest 21,497
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,145
Who's Online Now
13 members (BackyardKoi, Kanon M, Jward87, Knobber, ewest, jludwig, Willowwood, Lumberman1985, gautprod, Boondoggle, Sunil, Justin W, Jadog), 839 guests, and 262 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hall of Fame
OP Offline
Hall of Fame

Last edited by John Wann; 03/16/14 08:50 AM.

If you ain't gonna fart, why eat the beans?
RES,HBG,YP,HSB,SMB,CC,and FHM. .seasonal trout.
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ha Ha third post on this. grin Obviously pertinent to what we do!

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 03/16/14 09:41 AM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
We should all be aware of these types of cases.

At some point in the future, I see a lot of us becoming part of a core lobbying group advocating for property ownership and water rights.

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Originally Posted By: Sunil
We should all be aware of these types of cases.

At some point in the future, I see a lot of us becoming part of a core lobbying group advocating for property ownership and water rights.

I agree 100%

Holding a redear sunfish is like running with scissors.
R
RAH Offline
Lunker
Lunker
R
Me too!

Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
The sad part is the dimwits of the EPA that are giving this guy grief are eclipsing the good the good the EPA has done in the past. If it wasn't for the Clean Water Act this country would still have some serious issues that we had several decades ago. I can remember when Lake Erie was all but dead back when I was in high school.

Decades ago the Cayahoga River was so full of solvents it actually caught fire. I remember in the late sixties when a river I lived near in Massachusetts was so polluted by the Pulp Mills you could tell what color paper they were making by the color of the river.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 03/16/14 10:50 AM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

Hall of Fame
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lol! I've been at work and missed Kelly's. Yes this is some crazy stuff. Think the gov might be getting tad to bloated.

Hall of Fame
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Wonder if Bob could get in contact with guy. This affects us all. Maybe he would tell his story in the magazine.

Hall of Fame
OP Offline
Hall of Fame

R
RAH Offline
Lunker
Lunker
R
While I am not a libertarian, I would vote for a libertarian presidential candidate to balance out the current situation in DC.

Last edited by RAH; 05/19/14 09:29 PM.
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
I'd raise my middle finger and see what I could do to counter sue the EPA for 10x what they are proposing for a daily fine.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
The EPA, like every governmental body from city to federal inevitably gets bloated and exceeds it's authority, restructures it's original mandate and purpose in order to expand, spend it's budget and justify (lie about) why it is still needed and needs unhindered power, or, due process.

More EPA insanity and land grabbing...
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/may/2/pendley-earth-to-epa/

This one went to the Supreme court and yet the EPA is still rewriting rules...
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/01/...ected-wetlands/

We'd all like to think these cases are just "colossal mistakes", and "can't happen in the United States, yet with 3000 "administrative decrees", have no chance of judicial review (without due process and with the fear of MASSIVE fines), unless and IF the EPA sues you, these are the norm now to take any private property wanted....

Last edited by Rainman; 05/20/14 12:37 AM.

D
D
Wow... it really is still the wild west down in the USA. Everyone for them self and hope nothing like this happens to you.

Now my question is what is the EPA doing taking land? What do they do with this land? Just hold it for collateral against their debt?

As a business man I can only see running up a bill that will never get paid so that you have a massive bill you could write off against your income.

On the other hand I understand it was not a good idea to dam off a water way that may put pressure on farm land drain tiles.

Then again dose the EPA take full responsibility for any accidents that occur in all these water ways? If they have the power to take they should have the power to give.

Cheers Don.

[Linked Image from corvettejunkie.com]

7/8th of an acre, Perch only pond, Ontario, Canada.
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
We had a situation here in my county where the farmers and the county surveyor wanted to straighten out a river to get the water drained off faster. (Much to the protest of the city downstream for obvious reasons). Of course a lot of people were up in arms including myself and we went to public meetings to voice our concern.

Turns out just like the VHS debacle, public meetings were just a protocol they had to abide by, and the county was hell bent to do their thing regardless. The crazy thing is the county would loose in court and do it anyway. Then back in court and lose again and they were back at dredging. And then back in court again. I wounder how much it cost the taxpayer to keep fighting it even though they kept losing and went right back to dredging again.

The river seems to be mostly untouched so the county must have gotten tired of spending our tax money, or the bums got voted out of office.

I will say I've never seen such ignorant people. Made me lose faith in the general public. One guy blamed the flooding on algae and another couple that built in a flood plane on a series of lakes that flood every year blamed it on the river. I shouldn't have but I asked them out loud if their relator told them they lived in a flood plain and they knew their lakes were essentially a river. The couple had no clue.

In Ft. Wayne Indiana the local government was bound and determined to build a baseball stadium with local tax money even though the referendum got defeated over and over again. Finally they somehow managed to build it even though most taxpayers were against it! My brother who lives in the city had his property assessment go up to pay for it! Nobody wanted the GD thing!

A local school was bound and determined to build a planetarium even though the local taxpayers defeated it in a referendum time again. Guess what? It got built and the local taxpayers got the bill!

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 05/20/14 07:41 AM.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Gov't can and will bankrupt you in fights like these.

In fact, many times when you win a settlement in court, against the Gov't, good luck in getting the money.

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

D
D
Originally Posted By: Cecil Baird1
We had a situation here in my county where the farmers and the county surveyor wanted to straighten out a river to get the water drained off faster. (Much to the protest of the city downstream for obvious reasons). Of course a lot of people were up in arms including myself and we went to public meetings to voice our concern.

Turns out just like the VHS debacle, public meetings were just a protocol they had to abide by, and the county was hell bent to do their thing regardless. The crazy thing is the county would loose in court and do it anyway. Then back in court and lose again and they were back at dredging. And then back in court again. I wounder how much it cost the taxpayer to keep fighting it even though they kept losing and went right back to dredging again.

The river seems to be mostly untouched so the county must have gotten tired of spending our tax money, or the bums got voted out of office.

I will say I've never seen such ignorant people. Made me lose faith in the general public. One guy blamed the flooding on algae and another couple that built in a flood plane on a series of lakes that flood every year blamed it on the river. I shouldn't have but I asked them out loud if their relator told them they lived in a flood plain and they knew their lakes were essentially a river. The couple had no clue.

In Ft. Wayne Indiana the local government was bound and determined to build a baseball stadium with local tax money even though the referendum got defeated over and over again. Finally they somehow managed to build it even though most taxpayers were against it! My brother who lives in the city had his property assessment go up to pay for it! Nobody wanted the GD thing!

A local school was bound and determined to build a planetarium even though the local taxpayers defeated it in a referendum time again. Guess what? It got built and the local taxpayers got the bill!

This is the problem with government even in Canada if not worse in Canada. The friend of a friend owns the company that built that ball stadium. The Gov loves jobs like that from the trickle down tax income. I am sure a golf buddy had this idea to build this and run it up the political flag pole.

Quebec has a big problem with poor shoty concrete on government bridge work. Cost the public millions and millions and the sub contractor is no longer in business or running under another name who watered down the concrete.

All in all we are probably more pissed we're not making a killing on some of these projects and some one is and blaming it on the politicians.

Cheers Don.

[Linked Image from corvettejunkie.com]

7/8th of an acre, Perch only pond, Ontario, Canada.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
jeffreythree, ShortCut
Recent Posts
Happy Birthday Sparkplug!
by ewest - 04/24/24 11:21 AM
1/2 Acre Pond Build
by ewest - 04/24/24 11:17 AM
Caught a couple nice bass lately...
by ewest - 04/24/24 11:16 AM
Inland Silver sided shiner
by FishinRod - 04/24/24 10:04 AM