Originally Posted By: jignpig
man you get a standing ovation for this as far as i'm concerned. i don't know anything about perch, but the proportions on those fish are just ridiculous (in a good way). and you get paid for it too? man you really are livin' the dream. hats off to ya.

Thanks for the kind words. My plan is to get to the point where I harvest 50 to 100 large male bluegills and large female yellow perch every spring in the big pond and plant a few over that amount every spring after harvest is over to account for some mortalities.

Eventually I want to grow out brook, brown, rainbow, and tiger trout in a coldwater partial recirculating system in a building I hope to build as soon as this fall. This vs. alternating between brook and brown trout every two years in an outdoor pond where they don't even grow most of the winter. And use 90 percent less water to do so with many more pounds per gpm. This way I will have four species of trout and bluegill and yellow perch available on an annual basis. Hope to also have a walk in freezer with shelves in the pole building to organize all the fish by species and size. That way I will have a continuous inventory verse quickly selling out of them seasonally. The vacuum sealing I use seems to keep them for a long time.

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 04/30/14 09:46 PM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.