Ok folks recently I have been able to change out my air pump to a Gast 0523. I got some much needed parts from Mr. Cody to complete my package and I told him I would give an honest review of both.

My Eco 7 plus pump for what it was did pretty good for me. I can't complain about it, but this Gast pump by far out does that pump!

At 8 feet this Gast is pushing out about 4.5 PSI. I tested the back pressure on this pump fairly fast I might add and the gauge shot right up to 12 to 15 psi easy. This pump has power to burn! To be honest it really isn't even a comparison. Here is the pump in my holding station. I used a small K&N filter for the inlet side. It works pretty good! It's also nice to have a gauge on the pump. This pump could pump to 18 feet I bet with no issues!

Below here are 2 pics. The first one is a pic of the boil from my Eco7 pump when it was just a few days old. I was in a boat and took this pic. Not a bad boil right???

Now look at this Gast pump boil!! Wow is all I can say it's double the boil and just rumbling out there! And this is a rebuilt 93 model pump! And keep in mind I am on the shore in this picture NOT in my boat 15 feet from the boil. Hands down this pump is MUCH stronger! I hate to say it but when the time comes and you need to replace your Eco7 pump I would look into a GAST for sure specailly if you can get one at a good price!! Thanks to all who have helped me from the start with all of this! And a special thanks to Bill for his help!

RC

Last edited by RC51; 03/24/14 11:45 AM.

The only difference between a rut and a Grave is the depth. So get up get out of that rut and get moving!! Time to work!!