So part of my pond has FA on top of it, but it's not terrible. It seems to stick to the Arrowhead that's growing around the edges. That being said, arrowhead takes up 90% of my shore line (I'm okay with this).

The biggest problem is the widgeon grass growing throughout the remainder of the pond. This is a 1/4 acre pond and the WG is covering 80% of the pond. The average pond depth is maybe 5-6'. I have the ability to raise the pond water by about 1' if needed, however I don't think this will help. In 3' of water, I can clearly see the snails on the bottom.

I'm worried if I attempt to use fertilizer that my FA will take off. So what can I do? I know I could spot treat the WG if I wanted and from all of my reading, I think that's going to be my best bet.

The pond currently has a bottom diffuser running 24/7 and I stocked 500 crayfish in the early summer. I also stocked about 1000 grass shrimp at the same time. i'm sure they'll eat some of the plant material, but not enough to make a dent is my thinking. I also am not sure that I would want to add any kind of carp to the pond, but it could be an option.

Current fish are mainly BG and species similiar (pumpkins, and a GSF or two) and fingerling SMB