Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Shotgun01, Dan H, Stipker, LunkerHunt23, Jeanjules
18,451 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,902
Posts557,134
Members18,452
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,422
ewest 21,475
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,112
Who's Online Now
10 members (Sunil, Shorthose, J. E. Craig, Boondoggle, Bigtrh24, Freg, FishinRod, Theo Gallus, jpsdad, Bill Cody), 905 guests, and 201 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
MRHELLO Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
M
Ok I have ran across some used Cinder Blocks as well as some red brick for sale. I think I can use them for both my RAS and also few other projects.

My question is what would be a reasonable price for these used items?

Most of the Cinder Blocks look like the older heavier ones.

There are both solid bricks and also the ones with the holes in them so I am sure the price is different.

Does anyone know what these items are new, and what a used price per piece should be. I hope to go see them in person today or tomorrow.

Thanks

I can't speak for other locations, but the manufacturers around here are willing to let the used/excess/defective blocks/bricks go for as low as $1.25/piece, where the wholesale is at $3.50, and retail is $6.15.

Leo

* Knowledge and experience yield wisdom. Sharing wisdom expand the generations with crucial knowledge. Unshared wisdom is worth nothing more than rotting manure.
M
MRHELLO Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
M
is that for the red brick or cinder blocks?

That will be both, depending on the massive quantity available. Normally, cinder blocks is a bit higher, due to the volume of raw materials that were used in production. However, red bricks tend to be a bit pricier based on the region where the raw material availability. In our areas, red bricks are more costly than cinder blocks. We level down a hillside for development, there's enough raw materials to build a highway's cinder block walls for noise mitigation. Since we have so much development going on around here in the past two decades, let just say there's plenty of materials for cinder blocks for a few decades.

Leo

* Knowledge and experience yield wisdom. Sharing wisdom expand the generations with crucial knowledge. Unshared wisdom is worth nothing more than rotting manure.
Lunker
Lunker
I'm not exactly sure what you are planning to use them for, I assume some sort of structure, have you looked into recycled concrete? Around here you can get what was once a parking lot or road, crushed into pieces roughly baseball size, for $17 a ton delivered.

F
F
We have concrete plants near us ( they also buy and re-sell new block), and I picked up trailer loads for free. They throw all the broken/damaged ones on piles to get them out of their way and are happy to see them go.

M
MRHELLO Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
M
I plan to use them for a base for a walk way, porch, etc.

I wish we could get the crushed that would be nice to use as filler on our land for a road to settling in before putting more gravel down.

Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Get the ones with the holes vs. solid. The ones with the holes are heavy enough! I got my last 16 by 8 inch blocks from Menards for $.95 each.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

M
MRHELLO Offline OP
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
M
That is a nice deal, they are double that here. I went ahead and got all the bricks and blocks along with some other stuff so I should be good for a while.

I did pick up a piece of 6" PVC about 6-8 foot long as well just trying to figure out what to do with it.

M
Lunker
Lunker
M
MRHELLO, take a drive and look for roads that lead into undeveloped areas. People back up to the curb and dump concrete chunks, blocks and bricks all the time. I have been cleaning up just such an area for quite a while. If you can get ahold of the landowner, they may be glad for you to take whatever you need or they may tell you to stay away because of liability issues.

In the area I get my materials from, I have been approached by cops several times, so they are patrolling for illegal dumping. What blows their minds is the fact that anyone would want to take the stuff instead of dumping there. For some self-defense, pull out your phone and take a picture of your empty truck bed when you pull up, as it'll have a time stamp in the properties of the photo. Usually that's not a problem.

The property manager of the adjacent facility drove up to me and said, "Well, this is a first!" I told him what I was using it for and we got into an extended conversation about pond management.

Also, check the "free" section on Craigslist...most people will give you anything they feel has no value, or requires manual labor.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
cro, HC1968
Recent Posts
Relative weight charts in Excel ? Calculations?
by Boondoggle - 03/29/24 10:30 AM
pond experience needed
by FishinRod - 03/29/24 10:13 AM
Can anyone ID these minnows?
by jpsdad - 03/29/24 09:19 AM
Dewatering bags seeded to form berms?
by RogersTailgate - 03/29/24 05:45 AM
New pond middle TN: establishing food chain?
by Bill Cody - 03/28/24 07:57 PM
Happy Birthday Bob Lusk!!
by FireIsHot - 03/28/24 07:33 PM
Working on a .5acre disaster, I mean pond.
by PRCS - 03/28/24 06:39 PM
Fungus infection on fish
by nvcdl - 03/28/24 06:07 PM
1 year after stocking question
by esshup - 03/28/24 04:48 PM
Yellow Perch Spawn 2024
by H20fwler - 03/28/24 04:29 PM
New 2 acre pond stocking plan
by LANGSTER - 03/28/24 03:49 PM
Newly Uploaded Images
Eagles Over The Pond Yesterday
Eagles Over The Pond Yesterday