Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Ponderific2024, MOLINER, BackyardKoi, Lumberman1985, Bennettrand
18,500 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,962
Posts557,960
Members18,501
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,534
ewest 21,499
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,146
Who's Online Now
7 members (Boondoggle, JabariStokes, Bing, emactxag, catscratch, Sunil, KenHorton), 1,167 guests, and 507 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Lunker
Lunker
C
I'm mostly a beer fan but a buddy introduced me to some apple pie moonshine a few weeks back. The new stuff they are making is much easier on the throat than the stuff i used to get on occassion. The apple pis is just one of the flavors made these days but all I've tried have been pretty darn good. Otherwise, it would be Crown Royal.

It's true hard work never killed anybody, but I figure, why take the chance?
Ronald Reagan

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Dang Larry, I would say that you had studied that stuff. I've tried it once or twice and was neutral on it.

I guess my alcohol preferences run to beer, then tequila, and then Jim Beams Devils Cut whisky.

I have a fully stocked bar with just about everything.

I can't take Vodka. That stuff tastes like turpentine to me. It was probably caused by a pint of 100 proof Smirnoff when I was 17 yoa. A friend did a lot of traveling to Russia and brought me the very best, most expensive, Russian vodka. He told me to put in the freezer for a couple of days and then just sip it. It also tasted like paint thinner. I gave the stuff back to him.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
Crown straight...Black Jack with Coke...Plain Beam with Pepsi...

B
Fingerling
Fingerling
B
Dave, I have a good friend that lives about 1/2 the year in Ireland. Every trip he brings a few bottles of duty free Scotch. We comb through reference books looking for interesting drams of refreshments. Some we like, some we don't. But it is interesting to do taste testing. I suggest doing 3 taste tests of any whisky. It is surprising how your taste can change from day to day.

The thing about Scotch Whisky is the variety. There are about 300 distilleries in Scotland, some no bigger than your kitchen that only create a few hundred bottles a year. When someone says that they don't like Scotch Whisky I suspect that they have only tried 1 variety, probably something that the barley was cooked with peat giving a medicine type of taste.

Now about beer, Shiner Bock, Bass Ale and Beck's Dark are my first choices. My second choice would be something that is cold and wet. I do enjoy beer very cold. Not a big fan of warm beer.

It's another day in paradise
R
Lunker
Lunker
R
Bourbon: Bulleit
Rye: Rittenhouse
Beer: Ommegang

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Beer: Stella Artois $$$
Tequila: Don Julio 1942 $$$$$$$$$
Whisky: Jim Beam Devils Cut $$
Wine: No thanks. That stuff tastes like somebody did something obscene in a glass of Welch's Grape Juice
No use for vodka, gin or rum

RobA, I have never even heard of any of those.

Larry, I also have no use for warm beer.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
K
K
For me it's Oban Scotch- a little pricy but worth it! If you like scotch it's hard to beat

Every day on this side of the dirt is a gift..... What did you do with your gift today?
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Mad Dog 20/20.

If you ain't gonna fart, why eat the beans?
RES,HBG,YP,HSB,SMB,CC,and FHM. .seasonal trout.
R
R
Originally Posted By: Jwwann
Mad Dog 20/20.

do they even sell that stuff anymore? Man did I ever do some stupid stuff that involved that crap shocked Dont forget the everclear,we used to use it to make jungle juice in a trashcan.A few bottles went a long way wink

I rarely stick to just one,I switch it up quite a bit but
these days my go to Scotch is The Dalmore 12 and sometimes the 15.As for bourbon,I like Makers Mark and Knob Creek and for whiskey Jack,Jameson,Dewars and Bushmills.

I recently tried some Svedka vodka and for the price it seemed as good as most vodkas.

While I'm in Bulgaria I tend to drink rakia (fruit brandy) that friends and family make.People there take great pride in making it and love to share it.The best I've had was made from figs followed by grapes.A really good homemade one is usually close to 100 proof smooth as silk and 10 times better then anything you can buy from the store.

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Originally Posted By: Robert-NJ
Originally Posted By: Jwwann
Mad Dog 20/20.

do they even sell that stuff anymore? Man did I ever do some stupid stuff that involved that crap shocked Dont forget the everclear,we used to use it to make jungle juice in a trashcan.A few bottles went a long way wink

I rarely stick to just one,I switch it up quite a bit but
these days my go to Scotch is The Dalmore 12 and sometimes the 15.As for bourbon,I like Makers Mark and Knob Creek and for whiskey Jack,Jameson,Dewars and Bushmills.

I recently tried some Svedka vodka and for the price it seemed as good as most vodkas.

While I'm in Bulgaria I tend to drink rakia (fruit brandy) that friends and family make.People there take great pride in making it and love to share it.The best I've had was made from figs followed by grapes.A really good homemade one is usually close to 100 proof smooth as silk and 10 times better then anything you can buy from the store.

Hard to beat the local stuff. For some reason it usually has a good flavor.

If you ain't gonna fart, why eat the beans?
RES,HBG,YP,HSB,SMB,CC,and FHM. .seasonal trout.
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Originally Posted By: Dave Davidson1
Beer: Stella Artois $$$
Tequila: Don Julio 1942 $$$$$$$$$
Whisky: Jim Beam Devils Cut $$
Wine: No thanks. That stuff tastes like somebody did something obscene in a glass of Welch's Grape Juice
No use for vodka, gin or rum

RobA, I have never even heard of any of those.

Larry, I also have no use for warm beer.

I've had all those and the Don julio is the best on that list..

I believe in catch and release. I catch then release to the grease..

BG. CSBG. LMB. HSB. RES.

[Linked Image from i90.photobucket.com]
O
O
I am usually just a beer guy, in other words just give me my bud light... A couple of times a year I might pick up a bottle of Jim Beam and partake in the spirits..

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Hawkeye in Ohio, JStephens, optimalfishfood
Recent Posts
New pond leaking to new house 60 ft away
by JabariStokes - 04/25/24 07:30 PM
YP Growth: Height vs. Length
by Omaha - 04/25/24 05:34 PM
What did you do at your pond today?
by FishinRod - 04/25/24 03:24 PM
1/2 Acre Pond Build