Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
KWL, Homestead 101, Willy Wonka, gautprod, JRM
18,493 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,956
Posts557,908
Members18,494
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,531
ewest 21,493
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,145
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 536 guests, and 196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#314671 12/14/12 03:09 PM
O
OP Offline
O
Terrible school shooting in Connecticut. Most of the victims are 5 years old. Tears are rolling down my cheeks as the death toll increases.......

Last edited by Okie Bob; 12/14/12 03:10 PM.

Warning: My Dog Has A Gun And Refuses To Take His Meds!
Zep Offline
Hall of Fame 2014
Hall of Fame 2014
Agreed Bob.....

Fishing has never been about the fish....

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
A sicko, a real sicko.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
A complete tragedy....

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

K
K
A terrible tragedy that will impact the survivors their whole lives.

Two ponds, 13 and 15 acres on the Mattaponi River.
B
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
B
This type of tragedy drives me nuts. What a little coward going after kids like that. Praying for the families in newtown.

"I think I have a nibble" Homer Simpson

34ac natural lake

O
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
Hurts to consider the terror these kids went through before their lives were ended. So many conflicting emotions when I heard about this. Prayers to the families and survivors.

Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Sick ****! Burn in Hell!

Last edited by ewest; 12/14/12 09:44 PM.

If you ain't gonna fart, why eat the beans?
RES,HBG,YP,HSB,SMB,CC,and FHM. .seasonal trout.
O
OP Offline
O
Watching the parents walking away without their child ripped part of my soul out. Thinking of those presents sitting under the Christmas Tree that will never be opened did me in..... I have three girls and six grandchildren. My wife and I just feel like hopping on a plane so we can go hug them all and tell them how much we love them.

Warning: My Dog Has A Gun And Refuses To Take His Meds!
A
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
A
This is tragic beyond words, and I fear there is much more evil that is yet to come.

S
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
S
No amount of legislation, gun control, or other restriction will quell the evil a human can do. Everyone has the evil man, and righteous man inside.Whichever he chooses to feed the most will prevail,and show in his walk of life.
It is a tragedy, my thoughts and prayers are with these families.

"I have not failed, I have only found 10,000 ways that won't work"
Thomas Edison
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
This is exactly why I quit watching and veiwing any news outlets about 3 yrs ago, after I read about a man killing his son by punishing him by throwing him in a dryer.. That story haunts me to this day.. I know horrible things happen every day but I think news in away glorifies this kinda.. It was impossible for me too not hear about this today it literally makes me sick to my stomach having a son in first, kindegarten and a pre-k next year, if my kids weren't at the xmas tree this year from a tragedy like this I honestly don't know if I could cope with that grief.. So many questions and how could someone be such a coward, I honestly think schools should be a closed lockdown community during school hours classes locked in with reinforced doors not necessarily like a prison but as secure as one, sad I know but 20 dead kids is a lot sadder to me, kids that were to young to worry, because they shouldn't have too worry.. Now I have to find a way to tell me kids what they should do if a god forsaken gunman comes in there school and starts shooting, a conversation that shouldn't even have to take place and a conversation that he won't fully understand.. My chest feels like its caving in everytime I think of those kids and their horror as I sit here with tears in my eyes all I can think is why??

I never pray, but I will be tonight.. God Bless and Rest in Peace..

I believe in catch and release. I catch then release to the grease..

BG. CSBG. LMB. HSB. RES.

[Linked Image from i90.photobucket.com]
J
JKB Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J
This certainly is a horrible tragedy, and my prayers are with the victims and their families.

School tragedies are not an invention of modern times. The worst one happened in Bath, MI.

On May 18, 1927, 45 people, mostly children, were killed and 58 were injured when disgruntled and demented school board member Andrew Kehoe dynamited the new school building in Bath, Michigan out of revenge over his foreclosed farm due in part to the taxes required to pay for the new school.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
My kids are 8 & 6 years old.

As of yet, we have not told them about this tragic event.

My dad, their grandfather, was expressing concern about how the tell the kids. I told him I wasn't sure if we were going to tell the kids.

I do think we are going to spend some more time giving them tips on how to survive if they find themselves in some bad situation.

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
I know Sunil how do we even initiate that conversation.. I was up almost all night sick over this and trying to think how I could tell my kids how to survive a situation like this.? Especially 6 and 5 years old will be hard to even get them to comprehend the conversation..

BG. CSBG. LMB. HSB. RES.

E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
There are some very good self defense classes. Not sure about young kids. But a good instructor or your police chief would know.

C
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
C
I am not sure about other police departments around the county, but I know in the last two years mine has been spending a lot of time and money in training patrol officers in how to respond to active shooter events like this one and sadly the many others that have recently occurred. I surely hope I am never the cop that has to respond to something like this, but if I am I am gonna do everything in my power to end it as fast as I can.

R
RAH Offline
Lunker
Lunker
R
This may seem of the wall, but I think it is time to put some responsibility back on communities. The take over of charity by the federal governmnet has caused many, like me, to stop paying attention to local needs. This tragedy is sad, but not so unpredactible.

B
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
B
I think one of the reasons this type of thing is happening more frequently is because of the news. I think that if they left the shooters name as "coward" it would be less appealing for the next sicko to repeat. Do any of you know how a young lady named Victoria is related to this event.
Facebook-

" She died a hero December 14th, 2012. She hid her first graders in the cabinets and closets after hearing the gunfire. When the shooter came to her classroom, she told him that her students were in the gym. He then gunned her down and moved on. She saved the lives of all of her students."

I haven't seen the news since the day of the shooting so maybe they did report on this lady being a hero. As I was watching the news the day of the shooting reporters would do interviews with people and discuss how sad/tragic it was. Then in the next sentence they would talk about the "blood Bath".

I think the little cowards should be labelled as such instead of being turned into household names within hrs of the shooting. We need to change the way the news operates.

"I think I have a nibble" Homer Simpson

34ac natural lake

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Blair, you have the right idea.

I think Israel had the same problem with the Arabs going to their schools and killing children and teachers. The problem stopped when the teachers were armed. I know that the suggestion might go against a lot of peoples thoughts in this country, but how many times do you see a police station, gun shop or shooting range a target of a crazy person like this?

All the laws and regulations in the world won't stop anyone from breaking the laws, they are in place to punish them after the fact.

The only good (if you could call it that) that happened during this horrible tragedy is that the gunman killed himself. No long drawn out court hearings.

Sunil, I don't know if telling the kids will benefit them in any way. Will they truly understand what happened? I agree with teaching them how to respond in a emergency tho.

Blair, why do you think we aren't seeing this all over the news reports?

http://www.kgw.com/news/Clackamas-man-armed-confronts-mall-shooter-183593571.html

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
We have poilice watching in most public places, why not have some patrolling the halls of schools?

If you ain't gonna fart, why eat the beans?
RES,HBG,YP,HSB,SMB,CC,and FHM. .seasonal trout.
S
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
S
Well said Blair

Thomas Edison
S
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
S
Originally Posted By: Jwwann
We have poilice watching in most public places, why not have some patrolling the halls of schools?

We have school resource officers in the Jr High, and High schools here. Would be great for all.

Thomas Edison
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
I agree there should be armed teacher or atleast some facilty members.. Also impenetrable doors and windows if need be.. Like I said before what's sadder dead kids or kids going to a fortress of a school.. Easy choice in my mind.. Pretty simple rule if an intruder shows up at school swinging a gun there killed no questions asked.. Also I've been all for armed teachers since columbine how many have to die, it's not a gun control issue it's a protecting innocent people issue..

BG. CSBG. LMB. HSB. RES.

K
K
Most states do not have police officers in elementary schools because they have been considered safe till now, not any more. This could have been why he didn't attempt this at middle or high school. The movie killing would have came out different in W.Va.,Va.,Texas or other states with carry laws. Make no mistake, they will come after your guns and probably use the United Nations to try to circumvent our elected officals from having to vote on it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
island_beam
Recent Posts
Happy Birthday Theo!
by teehjaeh57 - 04/23/24 12:35 AM
Happy Birthday Sparkplug!
by teehjaeh57 - 04/23/24 12:34 AM
American Feeder H 125 Fish Feeder
by teehjaeh57 - 04/23/24 12:33 AM
Bluegill problem