Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Mcarver, araudy, Ponderific2024, MOLINER, BackyardKoi
18,502 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,963
Posts557,977
Members18,503
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,534
ewest 21,499
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,148
Who's Online Now
6 members (Theo Gallus, Augie, Fishingadventure, FishinRod, jmartin, Pat Williamson), 1,216 guests, and 377 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
I have a suspicion that there is a surprise party for me tonight. Some of you who came to the Arlington PB Conferences will remember the BBQ joint that we went to.

I've been told that I can't leave to go to the country to hunt. Some of my friends are acting kinda suspicious.

I expect that I will be forced to eat ribs and drink beer.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
J
JKB Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Darn, Dave. Nothing WORSE than forced ribs and beers. smile

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

From Bob Lusk: Dr. Dave Willis passed away January 13, 2014. He continues to be a key part of our Pond Boss family...and always will be.
O
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
Happy Birthday Dave and thanks for all you do around here.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
so you left me hanging in anticipation....did you get to eat ribs tonight or what??? your probably in bed by this late hour, but when you get up to take a leak super early in the morning and check in, let me know how they tasted....

hope your day was great!!

Nate

E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
That is a great place to eat !!!! Worth delaying a trip to the country.

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Yep, we wound up there with about 30 friends. Got some calls from friends and grandkids in remote locations.

Charlene had said "no gifts please" because I'm the guy who has everything or buys whatever I need when I need or want it. I got some gift cards to Cabelas and Lowes, a couple of digital controllers to replace on deer feeders, a new Echo weedeater to replace the one that was recently stolen, an offshore fishing trip for 6 out of Port Aransas(haven't done that in years), a couple of cases of Stella Artois, and some other neat stuff.

Some friends brought their grown "kids" that I haven't seen in forever. Some of those kids still call me either Grandpa Dave or Uncle Dave from when they were small and I took them fishing. They recounted some stories that would mist the eyes of a curmudgeon other than me.

I also found out that I am going to be an Uncle in about 7 months. The jury is still out on whether they will name the kid(if it's a boy) Uncle Dave. That'll mean another dang kid to take fishing and hunting.

The place closes at 9:00 but they kept it open in the party room for us and came in and joined us for a beer.

I recounted that my Dad told me that I would never live to vote since he figured that somebody was going to blow my damned brains out. I did announce that there is some thought that I will never see 71. After all, the Mayan calendar says that we will all be toast in 21 days.

All in all, a pretty neat time.

Nate, the ribs were about the same as always. In other words, put some of them on your forehead and your tongue would beat your brains out trying to get to them. Come on down to D/FW on a weekend and we'll go try them.

Last edited by Dave Davidson1; 12/01/12 08:26 AM.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Editor, Pond Boss Magazine
Lunker
Editor, Pond Boss Magazine
Lunker
You're a good man, Dave Davidson! Proud to call you my friend. Happiest of birthdays, buddy!

Teach a man to grow fish...
He can teach to catch fish...
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ok your story about putting ribs on your forehead....awesome....I now have a craving for ribs that can only be satiated by eating some at that place.....

betcha slept in this morning till about 5 am or after, after that late late night out on the town....whew till well after 9.....

If we dont all die in the next 21 days, I would absolutely love to visit Dallas area later this winter...gotta go catch a couple coolers full of crappie out of James Holts lake, gotta go show George how to cast a flyrod and take a decent photo, would love to check out your property, maybe a trip to the local fish farm, a stop in at PBOSS world headquarters, and by golly would love to shoot a hog while down in texas as well....anyone else up for a little adventure?

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
........we could pack all that into one episode and finish up at the rib joint.....

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
nate, I'll be in Texas Jan 13th thru around the 26th give or take a few days. The dates are pretty flexible. I'll spending a few days in the Sulphur Springs area, and a few days about 70 miles North of Dallas.

Dave, what's the name of that rib place?

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Scott, it's Main Street BBQ in Euless Texas. Euless is between Fort Worth and Dallas. They are only open on weekends. The owner figures that 3 days per week ought to be enough work time.

The place has an interesting past. It was once called Greens BBQ. The owner had a trucking company with a fleet of dump trucks called Greens Trucking Company. On Friday afternoon he made BBQ for the drivers and staff. There were a few beers involved. Over time, he started doing some custom cooking for the public. The cooking business took off and he made a decision to shut down the trucking side of his world. I was introduced to the place by a client who was an IT Executive but once drove a truck for Green. That was a long time ago and I seldom eat BBQ anywhere else. About 25 years ago that IT guy called me from Sonoma Valley in Ca. He was out there with the Greens Rib Team at a BBQ cookoff and said that I ought to "drop by". I was single at the time so I caught a flight. Yeah, it was fun but I won't say how much. Like other eateries, his business is off and due to the price of meat he has raised the price to $15.00. It's buffet style and all you can eat for that $15.00.

I'm generally available if some of you guys want to show up.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Thanks Dave!

www.hoosierpondpros.com

3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
G
Lunker
Lunker
G
Originally Posted By: n8ly
Ok your story about putting ribs on your forehead....awesome....I now have a craving for ribs that can only be satiated by eating some at that place.....

betcha slept in this morning till about 5 am or after, after that late late night out on the town....whew till well after 9.....

If we dont all die in the next 21 days, I would absolutely love to visit Dallas area later this winter...gotta go catch a couple coolers full of crappie out of James Holts lake, gotta go show George how to cast a flyrod and take a decent photo, would love to check out your property, maybe a trip to the local fish farm, a stop in at PBOSS world headquarters, and by golly would love to shoot a hog while down in texas as well....anyone else up for a little adventure?

I feel a Git-Together comin' on!!!!!!!!!!!

N.E. Texas 2 acre and 1/4 acre ponds
Original george #173 (22 June 2002)

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
If we have no ice in January (and the mayans are wrong) will try to put er together...

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
With temps pushing 70°F in December, it better get cold quick for ice in Jan.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Hawkeye in Ohio, JStephens, optimalfishfood
Recent Posts
Non Iodized Stock Salt
by FishinRod - 04/26/24 02:46 PM
Happy Birthday Sparkplug!
by sprkplug - 04/26/24 11:43 AM
New pond leaking to new house 60 ft away
by gehajake - 04/26/24 11:39 AM
What did you do at your pond today?