Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Shotgun01, Dan H, Stipker, LunkerHunt23, Jeanjules
18,451 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,900
Posts557,093
Members18,452
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,414
ewest 21,475
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,110
Who's Online Now
18 members (BillyE, H20fwler, FishinRod, esshup, Augie, PRCS, LeighAnn, bstone261, LANGSTER, Sunil, dg84s, ewest, Fishingadventure, Shorthose, Freg, IND1371, Groundhog7, Brandon Larson), 739 guests, and 302 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
OP Offline
T
Has anyone used this product? If so would you please let me know how it work out stopping leaks in your pond. Also, how much does it cost and where can you purchase it. My pond is about .88 acrea with a slow leak of about 1/4 to 1/2 inch a day. Any help would be appreciated.tb :rolleyes:

R
R
Tony, my company has had good luck using the product. Cost is dependant on quantity and shipping or delivery. The representative for Seepage control to contact would be
shawn walstad 800-214-9640. They can use a soil sample and leakage rate to figure quantity to use. It can be applied right to the water or compacted into soil in two six inch layers. If you could mention Robert with Aquatic Biologists I would appreciate it. Also if the pond is fairly new the soil may expand itself and seal off the leak.

L
L
Tony you can have great success with this product but just remember that to use it on a pond that has water in it the fish have to be taken out or they will die of suffocation.just wanted you to know. DOC

Doc
G
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
G
Doc, Do you sell this product? If so you might send me some info on this along with prices. contct info on website www.lakework.com.
thanks, Greg

Greg Grimes
www.lakework.com
L
L
Hello Greg I sent the info you ask for on this forum under a private message if theres anything else I can do let me know. DOC

Doc
G
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
G
Doc, how do I access this private message? Thanks

Greg Grimes
www.lakework.com
L
L
Hello Greg if you go up and click on my profile you should have it in your mail box.If not contact me here .

Doc
G
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
G
Man what is my problem, I see how I can send a private message but do not see one from you. If you can send the info to my email lakeservices@mindspring.com.
thanks, Greg

Greg Grimes
www.lakework.com
L
L
Greg glad you finally got my email but I see no reason why everybody shouldn't have this info. so I'll go ahead and post it for there use if any one needs this info just log on to info@seepagecontrol.com and you can find out about this product for yourself if you need any reference or somme helpful hints feel free to post a question here if I can't help you I will get you to somebody that can. DOC

Doc
S
Lunker
Lunker
S
My pond is in very sandy soil. the soil and water guy said
without bentonite it was a waste of time. It's held water, even during the drought, it did get very low. Now that it's back up, if I used this product, what effect would it have on other wildlife, frogs, ducks, etc...
We havent stocked anything yet, and it would be nice to get it up to the depth it was dug for.
Thanks

L
L
If you treat the pond now before you stock your fish you have a better chance of sealing your pond without having to have a fish kill in the years to come when rain fall is short and your pond is low enough to run out of o2 and it has to be restocked.This product is garunteed as long as a tech.is on sight so it is risk proof.I think if you are starting out with a leak that you should consider this it will save you in the long run. DOC

Doc
S
Lunker
Lunker
S
Thanks Doc,
I looked at the site for ESS 13, and it looks good. Do you know if it can be applied waterborne, and on up the bank to seal as the water level comes up? Or would it have to be reapplied?

L
L
Hello Sullpond.The answer that you want from me is not easy but if you give me some more info.I can get you the 411 that you need to use.I need to know if this is a new pond or an old one if it has any trees or stumps along the to be treated area.The type of soil is important clay,sand,rocks,ect,then let me know how much water that we have going in to the site.Was their any springs when it was built and if there is any way you can tell me where it is leaking alot of times their is tell tell signs like wet spots behind the dam or cave in places around the top of the water level that show up a rock formation.If you could get me this info it will help thanks. DOC

Doc
S
Lunker
Lunker
S
Hey Doc,
thanks for responding. I don't want to take up too much of yours, or anybody else time on this. You guys have better things to do. Anyway here is a rundown. The pond should be about 125x150, it is currently about 100x125.
the soil is sandy. It was dug about 1997 by a local excavator. I recently met the guy when he stopped by to see it. The site was selected because it was at the bottom of a natural hollow which had 3 or 4 springs running into it. The hollow was dug out and the dirt was used to build the dam. there was no clay added as far as I know nor any other kind of sealer. The Soil and Water guy came out, when we purchase it, and gave it a thumbs down for most any use. He said the soil was too sandy and it would never hold water. In 2000 when we bought it, the deepest end was 6'. Over the next few year the drought took its toll but it never shrank dramatically until the springs stopped. After that, it shrank 3'. After a good rainy season it quickly came back to life, the springs are going full force and it is now about 7' at the deep end.
I have not found any real leak point, I am going on the soil and water guy's assessment, that the water is leaching into the sand soil, and keeping it from reaching full depth. He said unless we drained it and applied bentonite that we would'nt be able to do anything with it. It wouldn't be easy to drain, so that's why the ESS 13 caught my attention.
Well for someone who wasn't going to take up alot of time, I sure posted a large explanation. I am considering posting some pictures to our website if that would help. Again thanks to all for the info, you all sure know how to welcome a newcomer.

Sully

L
L
It sounds to me that ess 13 is just what the doctor ordered in your case.You should be able to do the whole pond without a touch up it should be fine sandy soil is what this stuff was made for contact these people and talk to one of their techs.You'll be glad you did.Let us know how it turns out sully Doc

Doc
I
I
I am considering using this product on a newly dug pond in Colleyville. There is no water in it yet. Who can I get locally to provide the equipment and manpower to actually apply the product?

T
T
We are in the process of sealing a dry pond with a similar product. It is a polymer like ESS 13 however it doesn't come with a guarantee. Our site is very similar, used to hold water extremely well but developed leaks. Soil is very very sandy.

The secondary product we are using is affectionately called PAM, it is added to *dirty* water entering the pond to disperse and finalize the seal.

Our problem right now is trying to create a spillway for water entering the pond as it comes from a well. So far we've decided on concrete because we can't think of anything else that might be more cost effective \:D

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Bob Lusk, GaryK, GrizzFan, PhotographerDave
Recent Posts
Fungus infection on fish
by BillyE - 03/28/24 04:35 PM
Yellow Perch Spawn 2024
by H20fwler - 03/28/24 04:29 PM
Alum vs Bentonite/Lathanum for Phosphorus Removal?
by FishinRod - 03/28/24 04:23 PM
Working on a .5acre disaster, I mean pond.
by PRCS - 03/28/24 04:13 PM
New 2 acre pond stocking plan
by LANGSTER - 03/28/24 03:49 PM
Happy Birthday Bob Lusk!!
by ewest - 03/28/24 03:37 PM
1 year after stocking question
by Dave Davidson1 - 03/28/24 02:44 PM
Paper-shell crayfish and Japanese snails
by esshup - 03/28/24 10:39 AM
Brooder Shiners and Fry, What to do??
by Freg - 03/28/24 09:42 AM
Relative weight charts in Excel ? Calculations?
by esshup - 03/28/24 08:36 AM
Dewatering bags seeded to form berms?
by Justin W - 03/28/24 08:19 AM
Reducing fish biomass
by FishinRod - 03/28/24 08:18 AM
Newly Uploaded Images
Eagles Over The Pond Yesterday
Eagles Over The Pond Yesterday
by Tbar, December 10
Deer at Theo's 2023
Deer at Theo's 2023
by Theo Gallus, November 13