I have a very wild strain of brook trout that I got from an Indian tribe in northern Wisconsin. I had to change sources of fish due to some inflexibility of my state regarding imports of live fish. They have only been domesticated for a few generations vs. at least 100 years for typical brook trout. One of their characteristics is they are very light shy and only want to feed heavily just before dark and into the night. I am just wasting feed in the mornings as only a few of them will come up after sunrise. I have tried feeding them as it just gets light in the moring (now 4:15 A.M), but not much more success. And frankly don't want to get up that early!

Anyone else feed their fish only once a day regardless of the species? If so, do you get just as good a growth rate as you would 2 X per day? A friend that runs a trout hatchery says not to worry about it and feed them only in the evenings. Any thoughts?

I am concerned I won't get the growth rate I got with my previous brook trout from my last source, with some close to 4 lbs. at only 2 years of age. I actually sell these fish so it is not just a recreational thing.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.