Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
MOLINER, BackyardKoi, Lumberman1985, Bennettrand, Jward87
18,499 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,961
Posts557,950
Members18,499
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,534
ewest 21,497
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,146
Who's Online Now
9 members (Ponderific2024, Boondoggle, Fishingadventure, FishinRod, Snipe, highflyer, Sunil, Dave Davidson1, Angler8689), 1,082 guests, and 170 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Bob definitely leads a charmed life!

It is now 27 degrees F and windy. The "white rain" isn't letting up. The weathercast is still calling for light rain and a low of 34. I just went out to feed the worms, and I came back looking like the abdominal snowman.

What a great time all the other Pond Boss faithful missed!

Although -- if Bob, and the others had stayed just a little longer, we could have enjoyed an extended visit!

I think I might possibly be late for work in the morning! grin

I guess the weather dudes either looked out window, or had to make their way back home. Added weathercast as of 7:45 PM:

Quote:

... Winter Weather Advisory in effect until 11 PM EST this
evening...

The National Weather Service in Baltimore MD/Washington has
issued a Winter Weather Advisory for snow... which is in effect
until 11 PM EST this evening.

* Precipitation type... snow.

* Timing... ending during the late evening.

* Temperatures... falling into the lower 30s and upper 20s through
the evening.

* Winds... northwest 10 to 15 mph with gusts to 25 mph.

Precautionary/preparedness actions...

A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow
will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow
covered roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
driving.

Sheesh! I hope I don't have to put the chains and snow plow back on the tractor!

Last edited by catmandoo; 03/06/11 07:44 PM. Reason: Weather

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!
J
JKB Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J
Are you sure you were not feeding on the worms yourself as the "abdominal snowman"

Sounds like fun! Glad you all had a good time!

E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
Thanks for the pics and story. Nothing like a PB gathering.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Originally Posted By: JKB
Are you sure you were not feeding on the worms yourself as the "abdominal snowman"

If you look at the above picture that Bob posted of me, in my denim jacket and showing off a prize bluegill, you'll understand the subtle reference to the "abdominal" part. cry

D
Lunker
Online Content
Lunker
D
Did you catch that BG on some of your road kill?

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
V
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
V
I have to echo everyone's sentiments about this weekend. First off, Ken and Lynda are awesome hosts and great people. They have a warm home nestled in the woods overlooking one great pond. It is something to see.

It was good to finally meet Bob. After reading the magazine and this website for years, I felt like I already knew him. But he is so much more animated in 3D! I watched him do in impromptu interview with Matt (WVU Fish and Aquaponics Expert) about the fish that he had brought to the meeting while Ken filleted them and Todd ran the camera. It was done in one take and could probably be put right onto any outdoors show. That was cool. And I believe Matt also has a backup career as a stand-up comedian. He is hilarious.

And if I lived closer to Morgantown I can see hanging out all the time with Todd. If anyone hasn’t noticed, he is a little bit of a WVU fan. He is one of those guys who is very grounded and has life all figured out. Wish I could be more like that. He is sharp as a tack, witty and funny. He had me in stitches more than once. I could have hung out all weekend for sure.

I learned so much in just a few hours about ponds, aqua-ponics, water quality, and fish. More importantly, I learned that the Pond Boss Community is full of awesome people who genuinely care about each other, the environment, and being good stewards of our land. Even more than before, I am proud to be able to say that I am part of Pond Boss! Thanks guys!

C
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
C
Sounds like a great time was had by all... Wish I had this past weekend off work and could have attended! Bob, if you came east on I-66 and got on I-95, you drove within a stone throws of where I live in Virginia. This weather we had in the area was ridiculous... I drove in to work last night in 50 degree rain and by midnight I was directing traffic in 30 miles winds that were blowing ice pellets into my face so hard it hurt! How much snow did you end up with Ken? A couple of my friends in Front Royal had 5" of snow on the ground this morning...

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
I guess I'll start backward.

Travis -- yes, you missed a great gathering. As for snow, it started early, but didn't start sticking for several hours. This morning, when I left for work, we had about 4 inches of snow and the temperature was 21 degrees. Our county schools were closed. It was incredibly beautiful. All of the trees were flocked with a few inches of bright white snow. I had the truck in 4-WD for about the first 5-6 miles on my way out this morning. The snow that fell on the roads turned to pure ice. By the time I was half-way to Winchester, VA (about 10 miles from home), there was virtually no snow.

Victor was a real bonus. He and I have corresponded for several years through PMs on the website and e-mail. He called Friday night to inquire if he might be welcome. Absolutely! He pulled in for coffee and breakfast on Saturday morning, right behind Todd. Next time -- he needs to bring his bride. He didn't mention anything about his job, but when I saw the local news last night, it appears he was out doing his anonymous hero job before heading to our place.

As for Victor's observation of Todd and WVU sports -- the word "rabid" comes to mind. Lynda and I consider Todd a very close friend, but that boy ain't right, when it comes to WVU sports. If you are facing the death penalty, you don't want to face the odds of going to "the chair" if WVU is in a tight game. Other than those minor defects, you couldn't find a better fishing friend, hunting friend, or just plain friend. That boy is alright!

Lots of other good friends showed up. I think Bob and Todd will help make one of the youngest guests, mentioned by Victor in his post above, very successful and famous.

Again -- thanks all. It was an incredible weekend of inspiration, learning, and relaxation.

Ken and Lynda

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker

laugh

Todd La Neve

[Linked Image from i108.photobucket.com]
Click Here to Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

1.5 & .5 ac ponds - LMB, BG, RES, YP, GC, HSB
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
So, after a ridiculously long time with really no good excuse other than technical difficulties coupled with being just too darn busy, I have uploaded the video that we mention in this thread. This is a great video of Catmandoo doing his fillet magic with some trout, while the Pond Boss interviews Matt, one of the fisheries biologists at the WVU fish farm in Wardensville, WV, near where Catmandoo lives. They discuss some pretty interesting things and it's generally a fun interview. I apologize for the temporary sound quality issue that arises around the 7 minute mark. You'll just need to adjust your volume and then be ready to reduce it around the 8:06 mark.

Anyway, here is the link to the YouTube video. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did while it was going on!

Todd La Neve

[Linked Image from i108.photobucket.com]
Click Here to Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

1.5 & .5 ac ponds - LMB, BG, RES, YP, GC, HSB
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Hey Todd - thanks for putting that up there. Matt recently cleaned out most of the tanks. The fish were huge -- about 5 lbs. each. Most are now in local fee-fishing waters in West Virginia.

On my computer, the playback was a little jerky. But, it does give some good info about raising trout and growing vegetables through aquaculture.

For the holidays I'll be preparing baskets for the neighborhood faithful using some of these trout. I'll be making smoked trout spread, pastrami, salami, and meat sticks. I may even put in a little jar of double distilled sanitized water that can be used for cleaning wounds, sanitizing, and in case of emergency, it can be gargled and swallowed.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
cobra01, Dan123, micam5, Rich B, woodster
Recent Posts
Prayers needed
by FishinRod - 04/24/24 09:43 PM
Inland Silver sided shiner
by Fishingadventure - 04/24/24 06:40 PM
1/2 Acre Pond Build
by Theo Gallus - 04/24/24 05:32 PM
Caught a couple nice bass lately...