Hello

Is Mosquito Larvicide service a sell-able idea to pond owners or retention areas?? My question is to those professional Aquatic Pest Control operators.

I am thinking more of the Retention & Detention ponds we have here in Florida to control flooding during our heavy rains. Fact is I am seeing a need for service that might not have an actual demand by the customer or Retention pond owner. Florida we have a number private Retention ponds on commercial property. Need and Demand are two separate things that we can get confused over.

Several Mosquito control suppliers sell a Aquatic approved Mineral oil in 2.5 jugs very cheap. This is a legal Larvicide unlike the old days of using Burnt Motor oil. The cost of providing this service is minimal at 1 to 3 oz of mineral oil per thousand sq ft of surface. But there is a Hassle to getting a Mosquito certification. There is no cost for the study material or to take the test. There is no other requirements and the Certification has no cost either.

So my real question is, is it worth getting the Mosquito certification because I can sell Larvicide control.

Last edited by #1Ric; 10/19/11 06:43 AM.