Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Shotgun01, Dan H, Stipker, LunkerHunt23, Jeanjules
18,451 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,902
Posts557,128
Members18,452
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,422
ewest 21,475
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,112
Who's Online Now
11 members (Boondoggle, Layne, Sunil, Angler8689, jpsdad, rjackson, esshup, jbird5986, Rick O, anthropic, Justin W), 974 guests, and 200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
RC51 Offline OP
Ambassador
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Lunker
Siding anyone??? smile

Ok now were getting somewhere! Siding and windows going in folks! Here are a few pics of this weekends progress. The Tyvek worked great thanks everyone for the insight and advise on how to use the wrap!

Here is a couple of pics of the wrap going on ,in this first pic you can see a window we installed already. We used 36 inch side slide Pella tinted windows from Lowes for the bedrooms and the one kitchen window.

In this next pic you can see the back windows in and siding on. Of course we have to do all the trim work and caulking and stuff still. The siding we are using are 4x8 sheets overlap and it has a old time wood grain look about it with knots in it and everything. When you put paint to it, it really brings out the wood grain pattern and looks awesome!

In this second shot you can see a door on the left. Well this was not in the original plan but we decided to put it in there after we thought about how much easier it would be to get to my shed with all my stuff in it if I needed to instead of walking all the way around the cabin to get to it. It's a smaller 32 inch utility room door that will go into the small laundry room.

This last pic is just down the left side of the cabin. Where that windows is you can see is where the kitchen sink will be. Looking out into the woods where I will have a deer feeder 35 yards in the woods and you can watch the deer come in and eat. We were taking a break on Sunday and all of a sudden across the pond there a doe showed up to get a drink and didn't think twice about us. It was pretty cool!

Well that's it for this weekend. Man it was so hot we had to stop early on Sunday!! The heat here this year has been just horrid to say the least! Dad and I are ready to be done for this year for sure! This kind of heat kind of takes the fun out of it, but we are pressing on for now as best we can.

Last edited by RC51; 07/11/11 02:03 PM.

The only difference between a rut and a Grave is the depth. So get up get out of that rut and get moving!! Time to work!!
J
Lunker
Lunker
J
Looks nice RC! I like that siding, gives it that cabin look. Be sure to post some after its painted.

RC51 Offline OP
Ambassador
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Lunker
Update!

I only have a few pics but thought I would post them. My dad did a lot of ground work Thursday and Friday with a piece of equipment we had and leveled off a lot of areas which look great now. Man that equipment can save you some time!!! I'll get some pics of that for next week.

After that we finished up the siding on the front side of the cabin and put in windows and all that good stuff. Here is a pic of the front.

And here is a picture of one of the sides with paint. I think it's going to look real good when it's done! I like the color and pictures don't do it justice.

Then Saturday night we took a break and went fishing and my mom took the show. She caught several nice BG here is one of them that was a bit bigger. They were biting pretty good. My dad and I couldn't get any bass to bite at all in this hot weather and the weeds are pretty thick right now so it's not easy bass fishing.

Well that's it for this weekend. Next week we will finsih up the back gable end siding and put 3 doors in and finish painting and were done for this year. I am so ready for a break!! This heat is a killer!

The only difference between a rut and a Grave is the depth. So get up get out of that rut and get moving!! Time to work!!
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Looking good! I hear ya on the heat. We have your temps now. They are calling for mid to high 90's all week and right now the humidity is at 75%. Just walk outside and you're sweating.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
Nice job RC. Was hot and humid here as well. 110-112 with the heat index.

RC51 Offline OP
Ambassador
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Lunker
Originally Posted By: ewest
Nice job RC. Was hot and humid here as well. 110-112 with the heat index.

Hey thanks Eric, yeah the heat has been hard to manage to say the least! Looks like it's going to be really hot this weekend as well. Good thing we only have the back gable end to side and put on 3 already framed doors. It shouldn't be to bad and we will more than likely quit working around noon each day. It's just to hot! Were almost done for this year and I don't wnat something stupid to happen to us now! smile

RC51 Offline OP
Ambassador
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Lunker
Ok first time trying this! Here is a video I took of our progress on Sunday night. Thought a video would be neat instead of all these still pictures. Anyway here is goes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMVmsU0Ott4

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
I like it

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
RC51 Offline OP
Ambassador
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Lunker
Originally Posted By: Dave Davidson1
I like it

Hey DD1 thanks! Now that I know how to do this I can take more video of what I am doing and show some more stuff off.

RC51 Offline OP
Ambassador
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Lunker
Wow what a difference!!

Hey everyone things are starting to come to an end for us this year and I find myself almost going to miss it. Almost that is smile If it wasn't for the heat I would miss it for sure! Below are a couple of pics of the cabin as of Sunday afternoon. We got it all painted and windows caulked trim on the windows and all the doors on! Man what a difference with the doors, windows and paint on! It really is starting to look great! A specail shout out to my mom and dad for everyting they have done this 4 months with me. They really have worked hard and I think they are in the best shape of thier lives!! smile If it were not for them this would have never been able to happen!!! Thanks mom and dad for everything!

Picture of parking area side with main front door. This door will have a landing on it and steps along with about a 3 foot wide by 8 foot long sidewalk up to the steps. That will be next year! And of course we will be putting on white alluminum fascia and white vinyl sophet next spring. We sure have come a long ways since post number 1 though! smile smile

Here is the front view of the cabin now. We will be taking down the walkway this week and next March we will be looking at putting on the 14x16 foot deck with a subroof covering the deck.

I will have a 1 or 2 more pics next week yet as we wrap things up, but for now just wanted to say thanks to everyone out here that encouraged us along and helped us out when I ask for it!! You guys are all great!!! Thanks a TON!!

R
R
Ever considered a ramp instead of stairs? They aren't good for just wheelchairs, but for anyone with bad knees. Just something to consider. The big deck is gonna rock!!!

E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
Think of some small fall and winter around the house projects.

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
The ramp is a darn good idea.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
RC51 Offline OP
Ambassador
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Lunker
No I have not concidered a ramp? I am only 43 and I never gave it a thought at this point??? smile May have to think about it though.... At least for future plans for sure!

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
This has been a lot of fun to watch, RC. Thanks for bringing us along for the ride!

Todd La Neve

[Linked Image from i108.photobucket.com]
Click Here to Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

1.5 & .5 ac ponds - LMB, BG, RES, YP, GC, HSB
RC51 Offline OP
Ambassador
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Lunker
Were done for this year!

Well we wrapped things up for this year on Saturday. Man it's been a fun but LONG 4 months! The last 2 months have been so hot it's just been hard to even get motivated to do anything, but we got done for now. Here are the last few pics I took.

Here is the shed all painted nice to match the cabin! I have to give a big shout out to my mom for all the great painting she did! Thanks mom!

In this pic you can see the trim work my dad put on the shed and a picture of a small boy walking home with his fish he caught! My mom says it reminded her of me when I used to walk home from the lake with a stringer of fish in hand to show them off!

Here is another pic of the parking lot side all done up with no holes in it!! How about that!

Here is the utility room door we put on to make it easier to get to the shed from the cabin when needed. We put a small platform here with stairs on so we could at least have a way to get into the cabin. My dad made the stairs and put on all the door locks and knobs last week on all the doors so we can lock it up tight now that were not there every day.

And last but not least a picture of the front! Of course next year we will have a 14x12 foot deck on the front of this so that will be nice! I hope you all have enjoyed this ride with us. It's been cold, rainy, hot, tiring, and fun all in one and very rewarding as well! Next March I will pick up where I left off on this thread and continue our journey with the new cabin.

I want to say thanks to my wife who has not seen me on a weekend in 4 months hardly! smile Thanks honey for putting up with me! smile My parents for all there hard work, and some of the rest of my family that helped us out on a day we needed them badly!! And to God for making this possible! Until next March I leave you with this last pic.

J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
Well done RC, well done!

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Yeah, ya dun good RC....real good. I'm thinkin' you better be scheming somethin' real nice for your folks around, oh say, Christmas time. It doesn't have to be a 2-week cruise to the Galapagos, but should be more than a trip on the Peel ferry at Hwy 125.

E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
Thanks for the trip RC. Spend some time over winter plannig the extras around the cabin and pond.

RC51 Offline OP
Ambassador
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Lunker
Hey guys thanks, Eric that is exactly what I was thinking. I have a lot of outside work to do still and planning on where I might want some nice flower bushes and maybe a Crape Myrtle or 2 and a nice dogwood tree, getting my driveway correct with gravel. All kinds of stuff to do yet for sure. What's nice is once I recoop a little all the "real" hard stuff is done. Thank goodness!!! Well except for drywall.... frown Dang it!

B
BC1 Offline
B
Drywall?? No way......way to much work. They are making some great looking paneling now. Looks greats. Keep us posted.

A
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
A
I'll have to second that BC, sh_t rock is a pain in the butt, it's cheap but you gotta paint it and it damages too easily.
RC if you can swing the extra cost nice wood paneling or T&G pine boards make that nice rustic ambionce wink.

RC51 Offline OP
Ambassador
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Lunker
Very cool looking AP very cool! I am doing spruce board for a lot of it, but decieded to break it up some with drywall but we are going to put a header and footer ont he drywall and on the 4 foot seams we are going to put a 3 inch spruce board to match up against the header and footer. So there won't be a whole lot of sanding and seam work to do. Don't worry I am not into that much manual labor!! smile Thanks for the suggestions though.

J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
Wow AP is that the inside of your place? It is beautiful!

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
A
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
A
Thank's Jeff, yeah that's our cabin and future home.

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
cro, HC1968
Recent Posts
Relative weight charts in Excel ? Calculations?
by jpsdad - 03/29/24 08:24 AM
pond experience needed
by esshup - 03/29/24 08:19 AM
Can anyone ID these minnows?
by Sunil - 03/29/24 07:31 AM
Dewatering bags seeded to form berms?
by RogersTailgate - 03/29/24 05:45 AM
New pond middle TN: establishing food chain?
by Bill Cody - 03/28/24 07:57 PM
Happy Birthday Bob Lusk!!
by FireIsHot - 03/28/24 07:33 PM
Working on a .5acre disaster, I mean pond.
by PRCS - 03/28/24 06:39 PM
Fungus infection on fish
by nvcdl - 03/28/24 06:07 PM
1 year after stocking question
by esshup - 03/28/24 04:48 PM
Yellow Perch Spawn 2024
by H20fwler - 03/28/24 04:29 PM
New 2 acre pond stocking plan
by LANGSTER - 03/28/24 03:49 PM
Newly Uploaded Images
Eagles Over The Pond Yesterday
Eagles Over The Pond Yesterday