Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
BackyardKoi, Lumberman1985, Bennettrand, Jward87, Kanon M
18,498 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,961
Posts557,946
Members18,499
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,534
ewest 21,497
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,146
Who's Online Now
7 members (Bill Cody, catscratch, Fishingadventure, Boondoggle, highflyer, Theo Gallus, Lake8), 993 guests, and 183 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
R
R
A nice rod & reel?

RC51 Offline OP
Ambassador
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Lunker
Yeah we'll see. I have to get Mothers day out of the way first!! smile Dang parents are costing me man!!! smile smile

The only difference between a rut and a Grave is the depth. So get up get out of that rut and get moving!! Time to work!!
RC51 Offline OP
Ambassador
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Lunker
Hey Everyone here are some updates from this weekend!

We did the plumbing, subflooring, insulation and started the floor this weekend. Wow talk about sore!! Now I know what Brettski was talking about!!

First pic here is of the washer and dryer area and kitchen sink drains.

This pic of course is the main 4 inch drain going to the toliet with a 3 inch vent pipe.

Here is some of the pressure lines we put in. We could only test the cold at this point but it all worked great!!

This pic is of the 2 valves we put on the outside of the cabin for hot and cold so we could totally drain the pipes under the house for the winter and we can use the cold side for a garden hose when needed.

Here is a pic of all the floor joists in place and done.

Next we started putting in the subfloor for our floor insulation.

Here is a picture of the insulation being laid in and the first actual floor board being put on!!!! we used 3/4 inch tongue and groove for the floor.

And this last picture is of the first 16 feet we got done yesterday! Talk about work! I got sores on my sores!! As you look at this last picture I will have 2, 48 inch windows on the front wall looking out to the pond. Plus a door in the middle going out to a 14 x 12 foot deck sooner or later. It's an awesome view! Hope you all enjoyed the pics. Wont be long and we will actually starting on the walls!!!

Last edited by RC51; 05/10/11 09:57 AM.

The only difference between a rut and a Grave is the depth. So get up get out of that rut and get moving!! Time to work!!
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Won't those lines freeze? Or am I missing something?

I believe in catch and release. I catch then release to the grease..

BG. CSBG. LMB. HSB. RES.

[Linked Image from i90.photobucket.com]
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Originally Posted By: RC51

We did the plumbing, subflooring, insulation and started the floor this weekend. Wow talk about sore!! Now I know what Brettski was talking about!!

right after the muscles go, the brain goes numb....but it's a comfortable numb
rock on, RC

RC51 Offline OP
Ambassador
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Lunker
Yeah and it's not getting any cooler in this hot Arkansas humidity either! It's real easy to make some bone head mistakes when your so tired the brain goes numb!! I think I got real close to that the other day!! It gets hard to stay focused!

RC51 Offline OP
Ambassador
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Lunker
Originally Posted By: Bluegillerkiller
Won't those lines freeze? Or am I missing something?

Hey BK there is a hydrant on the begining of the pressure lines. So once you turn the hydrant off the water pressure stops to the house. Then you open the 2 valves in the picture above and the pressure lines in the house will drain out of them as we put all the pressure lines on a slight downward decline towards the 2 valves. Then all you have to do is drain the hot water tank and your done. Put a little antifreeze in your elbows and lock it up.

C
Lunker
Lunker
C
Great work RC, before you know it, you'll be inside looking out.

It's true hard work never killed anybody, but I figure, why take the chance?
Ronald Reagan

RC51 Offline OP
Ambassador
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Lunker
Originally Posted By: Cisco
Great work RC, before you know it, you'll be inside looking out.

Hey Cisco I hope so!! I can't wait to start on the walls. I will be glad to handle 2x4's for a while. All these 2x10's and 4x8 sheets of plywood are starting to take its toll for sure!! A 2x4 will feel like picking up a toothpick smile

E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
Great work RC or should I say RC's dad. That is one big job.

RC51 Offline OP
Ambassador
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Lunker
Originally Posted By: ewest
Great work RC or should I say RC's dad. That is one big job.

Hey Eric,

Yeah my Dad is the master mind that's for sure! But make no bones about it I am the hustle behind this muscle! smile And I am learning a lot that's for sure! My Dad is a trooper and I try my best not to leave him to much hard stuff to do during the week on his own! Like I said i am going to owe him a NICE Fathers Day gift for sure!

The cabin is nice sized at 24x40 we got what Brettski calls 4 foot i'tis a couple of times. It started out 20x32 but that didn't last long! smile

Last edited by RC51; 05/11/11 09:39 AM.

B
B
Great project, RC. You guys seem to have an excellent plan and are attacking it hard.
Working with your father is going to be something you will always remember when you visit the cabin...enjoy every minute of it.

THE JOY IS IN THE JOURNEY !

Buzz

RC51 Offline OP
Ambassador
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Lunker
Originally Posted By: Buzzworth
Great project, RC. You guys seem to have an excellent plan and are attacking it hard.
Working with your father is going to be something you will always remember when you visit the cabin...enjoy every minute of it.

THE JOY IS IN THE JOURNEY !

Buzz

Hey thanks Buzz I am enjoying the journey for sure! My dad won't admit it but I can tell he loves what he is doing and he loves spending the time with me. At 7 in the morning when it's nice and cool out and the pond is calm and the birds are singing and your fixing to go to work there is a small second you just have to take and soak it all in before you start. It is awesome!

B
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
B
I'm jealous on a couple of levels. Thanks for sharing!

RC51 Offline OP
Ambassador
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Lunker
Well I only have 1 picture to share this week, but it's a good one! The floor and the plumbing are done!!!! Whooohoo!!! smile We took a break and went fishing Sunday afternoon and caught about 11 BG nothing real big just about 5 or 6 inches. It was fun though and a well deserved break! Next were going to start making the rafters and the trusses and get them ready to go so when we start putting up walls we can go for it!! smile Talk to you all later,

R
R
Sweet! Good job with the documentation so far as well.

RC51 Offline OP
Ambassador
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Lunker
Hey RW thanks I am trying to keep up as best I can. With just me and my dad doing this it already has been a lot of work, but it has been enjoyable too working with my dad! I'll try my best to keep everyone posted.

Thanks,

RC51 Offline OP
Ambassador
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Lunker
Cabin Update!

Ok well here are a few pics of what we dad done this week and weekend. We worked mainly on the Gable ends the trusses, and the rafters we got them all done late Sunday afternoon. Wow a LOT of work!

This first picture here is of my dad holding up the first truss that was done. This one in the pic is an inside truss not a Gable end as the Gable ends will be a lot more braced and heavier.

Here is a pic of my mom next to the first truss. My mom and dad built this one together and several more durning the week. My mom has been a real trooper and helping out as much as she can. THANKS MOM for your help!!! smile

Here are a few more pictures of the rest of the trusses and Gable Ends we all finished this weekend. We cut rafters as well. So my dad is now starting to put up WALLS!!!!!! Whooohooo I thought that day would never come!!!!

On this last picture you can see the difference. This one your looking at is a Gable end notice all the extra wood and bracing involved. Man them babies are heavy!! Well that's it for now but hopefully next weekend I can show you all some pictures with walls up on this cabin!!! I can't wait for that!

Last edited by RC51; 05/23/11 01:04 PM.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Cool, RC! That represents a lot of effort right there, I'm sure. Looking forward to pics of the walls - tell your dad the PB family said "great job!"

Todd La Neve

[Linked Image from i108.photobucket.com]
Click Here to Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

1.5 & .5 ac ponds - LMB, BG, RES, YP, GC, HSB
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Great progress!
RC...what type of temporary living quarters do you use? Where does everybody rack out at night? Hide from rainstorms?

RC51 Offline OP
Ambassador
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Lunker
Hey Bski,

Good question, you act as it you done this before grin

My mom and dad are staying at an RV park about 13 miles away from my land. I have a 26 foot camper that they are staying in and I stay there as well on the 3 and 4 day weekends I take to help out. It's a nice camper and a real nice RV park so it's not to bad! Here is a picture of the camper. It's just not really something you want to be in with all these dang tornado's flying around though!!! Dang weather has been crazy for sure!!

Attached Images
Camper.jpg

RC51 Offline OP
Ambassador
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Lunker
Originally Posted By: Todd3138
Cool, RC! That represents a lot of effort right there, I'm sure. Looking forward to pics of the walls - tell your dad the PB family said "great job!"

Hey Todd thanks I will tell him for sure. I showed him the pond boss site and he loved it!! I also directed the rest of my family to the site as well so they could keep posted of our progress.

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Hey, nice camper.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
RC51 Offline OP
Ambassador
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Lunker
Originally Posted By: Dave Davidson1
Hey, nice camper.

Thanks DD1 my uncle was nice enough to sell it to me for 800 bucks!!! Can you believe that?????? My Uncle David he's a great guy! Thanks Uncle David once again for such a great camper.

RC51 Offline OP
Ambassador
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Lunker
Ok this don't happen very often but I have an update in the middle of the week!

My dad and mom have been hard at it building the walls. I wish I could be there but someone has to work to pay for all of this smile

Here are a couple of pics of the north side wall. We hope to have all the walls up be the end of the week. We have to get this baby in the dry soon. We been getting way to much dang rain!

Here is a full size picture of the North wall my dad sent to me a while later. Now you can get a little better idea of what it looks like.

Last edited by RC51; 05/25/11 10:18 AM.

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
jeffreythree, ShortCut
Recent Posts
Inland Silver sided shiner
by Fishingadventure - 04/24/24 06:40 PM
1/2 Acre Pond Build
by Theo Gallus - 04/24/24 05:32 PM
Caught a couple nice bass lately...
by Dave Davidson1 - 04/24/24 03:39 PM
Happy Birthday Sparkplug!