Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Shotgun01, Dan H, Stipker, LunkerHunt23, Jeanjules
18,451 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,899
Posts557,051
Members18,451
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,407
ewest 21,474
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,110
Who's Online Now
3 members (Angler8689, Layne, anthropic), 574 guests, and 135 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
G
G
You probably already know this, but, it's also a good idea to pack some of that fiberglass insulation into all the voids behind the side and end walls of that tub enclosure, for sound deadening purposes. If left hollow, the walls tend to act as a drum.

Good thread, by the way. I enjoy seeing someone else work their you know what off.
wink

RC51 Offline OP
Ambassador
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Lunker
Hey gully thanks for the info. And we are working are you know what's off that's for sure! It's not quite as bad now that we are in the dry there is not as much pressure! But still a LOT of work.

RC

The only difference between a rut and a Grave is the depth. So get up get out of that rut and get moving!! Time to work!!
RC51 Offline OP
Ambassador
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Lunker
Originally Posted By: Brettski
Welcome back to the DIY show, RC. Please tell me that you are gonna set that tub unit into a bed of mortar. It make ALL the difference in the world for a firm, stable tub base when you are standing in it.

Hey Ski this if funny! Before I could even get out what you suggested we do with the tub my dad said the home depot guy told him he better make sure you motar that shower into place or else you won't be happy!! I kind of laughed and told him that's what I was calling you about and told him what you said! smile

Please note Bski I have no problems what so ever you telling me or suggesting what I need to do as I know you know what your doing a LOT more than I do. If you see something that needs addressed in my pictures please let me know!! It won't be taken the wrong way sir

Thanks,

RC

The only difference between a rut and a Grave is the depth. So get up get out of that rut and get moving!! Time to work!!
RC51 Offline OP
Ambassador
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Lunker
Well it's been 2 weeks since I last posted anything so here we go.

First pic here is of the back side wall to the shower. We got all the pipes in and will be making ourselves a small entry door here in case later we have to work on these pipes again!

Here is kind of a sample picture of the bathroom floor. This is what the floor will look like through out the cabin. I really like the look of this. We got it at Home Depot is called Old Country Pine.

In this next pic we are working on getting the hot water tank in place. As you can see we made a access door on the side of the cabin for easy access and draining purpose. We will be putting a insulated door on the outside of this to help keep that outside wall warmer.

On this picture you can see we started with galvinized pipe and then went to cpvc. We put a union at the top of each pipe for when the time comes we have to disconnect all we have to do is unscrew the unions and drain the tank and it's out.

This next pic I just put back in here for a reference so you could see where this hot water tank door is going to be.

Here is another shot of the shower that is actually working now!! Yes hot showers no more 30 second camper showers!!! smile

And we had a bit of a time with it but we finally got the good old toilet working too!! Man we sure have come a long ways from the first outdoor picture I posted of our toilet in the woods!! smile

RC

Last edited by RC51; 05/28/13 02:31 PM.

RC51 Offline OP
Ambassador
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Lunker
Update Continued,

In this pic you can see we are working on the making a spot for a nice size mirror I got. We wanted to put it most of the way into the wall as we thought that would look better. So we had to cut out some 2x4's and make a frame up for the mirror.

Here you can see the mirror in place and mounted up. Of course we still have to put lights above it and all that.

We also got into do some sheetrock oh boy that's good times right there boy!! NOT!!! Whatever those boys get paid to do that work they deserve it I'm here to tell ya not any fun! This is the master bedroom.

Then it finally got nice enough for a few days in a row that my dad sprayed the deck with Thompson's water sealer. It needs another coat I think but it sure looks a lot better now! I love that deck man! Talk about stress free just siting there watching the pond and having a cold brew. It don't get any better than that!

Well that's it for this week. We will have a few more updates next week and then we will be calling it quits for this year as I just can't afford to do to much this year after spending 22 days in the hospital. But next year were gonna be hiting it hard for 3 months!! Not sure if I am happy about that or not??? ha,ha

RC

E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
Great job RC. That hard work and $ are paying off. You could live there now and in comfort. Heat/air , power , bathroom , beds and kitchen plus the deck are all you need. Enjoy - you have really earned it !!!

RC51 Offline OP
Ambassador
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Lunker
Hey Eric thanks I can't take all the credit though. I owe a big shout out to my mom and dad for all there help for sure! If it wasn't for my dad I would have a house of horrors on my hands I bet!! smile

R
R
Awesome thread and a great looking place! Congrats and keep on working!

RC51 Offline OP
Ambassador
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Lunker
Originally Posted By: RazorBassin
Awesome thread and a great looking place! Congrats and keep on working!

Hey Razor thanks!! Good to see another memeber out here from Arkansas.

RC

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
It's starting to shape up!

If you hate drywalling, wait until you start mudding/taping/sanding.........

Before you start on the ceilings, go rent a drywall jack. You can thank me later. wink

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Outstanding progress, RC! Even if you're not going to do a lot more this year, it looks like you got your essentials in place to let your family really enjoy the cabin. Great work! Hope your health is good. Sorry to hear you had an ordeal earlier this year but glad you are still kicking! Haven't been on much lately so I don't know if you detailed your problems elsewhere, but, again, glad you're here and posting!

Todd La Neve

[Linked Image from i108.photobucket.com]
Click Here to Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

1.5 & .5 ac ponds - LMB, BG, RES, YP, GC, HSB
RC51 Offline OP
Ambassador
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Lunker
Originally Posted By: Todd3138
Outstanding progress, RC! Even if you're not going to do a lot more this year, it looks like you got your essentials in place to let your family really enjoy the cabin. Great work! Hope your health is good. Sorry to hear you had an ordeal earlier this year but glad you are still kicking! Haven't been on much lately so I don't know if you detailed your problems elsewhere, but, again, glad you're here and posting!

Hey Todd thanks, I am gald I am still here too!!! smile I got to much work to do you yet to be kicking off just yet! Last update of the year coming up.

RC

RC51 Offline OP
Ambassador
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Lunker
Well this is the last update for this year. Cant believe were done already but it is what it is. I think we did pretty good for what we had to work with.

In this first pic you can see where we added the triview mirror in the bathroom. It wasn't supposed to go into the wall like it is but dad and I thought it looked better that way so we did it. I think it turned out pretty good.

This next pic is of my dad mounting the light above the mirror everything went petty well for the most part.

Here it is wired up and working.

Then we started on the vanity and getting it in place it is a Oak vanity.

Here we are securing it to the wall with a couple of 3 inch screws into the 2x4s.

Of course cutting out the bottom and putting in the pipe for the water was the hard part, but we got it done. And here is the end result.

After all that I took a pic from the deck that day it was a great view and pond is full pool! Sure is relaxing on the deck!!!

Here is one shot from the pond thought I would just show it quick also.

Then of course we had to catch a few fish!! Here is a nice 9.5 inch 13oz bluegill and a nice 9 incher my mom is holding. She actually caught both these biggins!! Talk about fishing luck!!! smile

Well that's it for this year! Sorry so short but so is the money!! smile Next year we plan on hitting it for 3 solid months so we should be nice and worn out by end of June!!! smile And broke!! Thanks mom and dad once again for coming and helping out. It's always good family time when they are here. Thanks everyone.

RC

E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
It is there to enjoy. Take time to smell the flowers ! Recall the good times building what you have. Its about the journey - savor life !

BTW nice fish !

Last edited by ewest; 06/05/13 10:16 PM.

RC51 Offline OP
Ambassador
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Lunker
Well Folks it's been a while hasn't it? I bet you thought I gave up on this but I did not. It's just been crazy and I have not taken the time to sort through all these pics. This is gonna be long as I will be putting up 4 sets of pictures of about 10 each in the set. So please bear with me.

Well we kicked things off this year on March first. There was still snow on the ground! My parents were NOT very happy about that! smile

Then we were unloading gravel the hard way.. well we didn't do to much of that before we didn't do any more. I got to find an easier way.

Well then Dad and I decided to put in a nice little brush pile with a 10 foot pipe. I got the idea off of this site taking 3 small trees and putting a 3/4 inch paddle bit though them all and tieing them all together with a rope and slipping it over the pipe! Problem is we had some hard time pounding that pipe in! We were hitting solid rock at 6 inches. We finall got it though.

So one day my mom and dad decided to walk the ponds edge and she took this pic from the other side of the pond. I thought it was cool as you don't always get to see your place from this point of view. Kind of like someone else driving your truck you actually get to see it. smile

Ok now off to the cabin finally! smile

Here we were working on the master bedroom closet. I don't think this will be enough room. I can see already I will be shoved to the spare bedroom closet in a hurry! smile smile

In this picture you can see some of the living room area where we continued putting up insulation and sheetrock. Actually starting to get walls!!!!

Here is another picture of the dinning room / kitchen. Kitchen continues on to the left. More insulation and sheetrock. And dad doing some electrical work as well.

Ok that concludes the first set of pics will start another set right after this.

RC51 Offline OP
Ambassador
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Lunker
Ok I wasn't joking here we go!

Well we drove all the way up to Manards in Missouri to get this T&G boards for the ceiling. It was worth it though. Saved us tons of work. All we had to do was cut and fit!

Here is what it looks like in the Bathroom and the Master bedroom! Nice stuff!!

My dad also installed this nice looking ceiling fan in the bedroom.

And here is the Bathroom.

Ok now were moving the big area in the LR/Dinning Room and Kitchen area. We had to stop though and get some light so we could see what we were doing so we made up some temp lighting.

Some more electrical work.

Ok so now the fun part back to installing insulation oh boy fun stuff!!
Here I am putting insulation up on the living room area side wall.

And here I am on the kitchen wall.

Ok in the next set of pics the actual boards will be going up. Of course we had to insulate all of the ceiling also!! Man that was such a good time I told dad I couldn't wait to do that again!! smile Yea right....

RC51 Offline OP
Ambassador
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Lunker
Ok this is the 3rd set of pics. Just so you know to back up a ways. Check dates these are all done today.

Ok so here we go.

Here is a nice close up of what this wood looks like sometimes its hard to get a good pic.

Here is the kitchen and living room side walls done.

Here is the opposite side wall looking out to the pond.

Then we started working on the center beam.

Here is the center beam done without the fan.

Ok next set of pics we be my final set for this year. I hope you all enjoyed them. Sorry I was so late on this.

RC51 Offline OP
Ambassador
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Lunker
Ok here is 4 of 4.

Now we had to get on this ceiling man what a job!!!

A big thanks to my mom for helping out with this too. She was there every day helping where ever we needed her!

We slowly worked are way done each side of the ceiling.

Here is the left side and center beam with fan. I don't have the right side pic but it looks the same trust me!! smile

Ok that don't seem like much ha,ha but trust me it was a TON of work. It's really starting to come together now though! This next year we should be abel to start putting in cabinets maybe!!

Hope you all enjoyed it!

RC

RC51 Offline OP
Ambassador
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Lunker
In the last pic or 2 on this side only we decided to keep the seam together. We were not sure if we were gonna like that or not but it kinda worked out in a funny way. That seam is right where the kitchen stops and the dinning room starts so it kinda worked out and acts as a seperator between the 2 areas. Plus it saved us on a bit of wood we would have wasted to try to stagger it and that wood is waaaaaay to expensive to waste!!

RC

Last edited by RC51; 07/29/14 03:38 PM.

Looks great, RC and how fun to be doing all this with your folks!

You're creating memories to last a lifetime!

Keith - Still Lovin Livin

https://youtu.be/o-R41Rfx0k0
(a short video tribute to the PB members we met on our 5 week fishing adventure)

Formerly: 2ac LMB,HSB,BG,HBG,RES
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
My back and shoulders hurt just lookin' at those pics!
Great progress, RC. We know how ya feel when you can see the finish line off in the distance.

RC51 Offline OP
Ambassador
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Lunker
Hey thanks guys! Hey Bski you aint kidding bud. Thanks God we had nail guns I could not imagine doing all of that and having to hammer each nail in too!! We just did a little at a time. Just have to know when to stop and take a break. Heck your place is twice my place so I cant imagine all the pain you have gone through!! But your place looks GREAT man!! Looking real good!

RC

S
S
Congrats and great job RC51. I sure would be proud if I had something like that next to my pond. You should be too. You will enjoy it.

Also thanks for sharing all this in the thread. Those of us that would like to do something like you did will benefit from your recorded journey.

Last edited by snrub; 07/29/14 09:24 PM.

John

I subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine
RC51 Offline OP
Ambassador
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Lunker
Originally Posted By: snrub
Congrats and great job RC51. I sure would be proud if I had something like that next to my pond. You should be too. You will enjoy it.

Also thanks for sharing all this in the thread. Those of us that would like to do something like you did will benefit from your recorded journey.

Hey Snrub thanks, Sharing all this info is just part of what makes pondboss so cool! I have come up with so many ideas/ things to do, and things NOT to do because of this forum it's awesome!!

It feels good to pay it forward if anyone can learn from my posts or just enjoy them then I have done may part as well!!

thanks,
RC

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
You can really slow down now. Heck, the big deal is indoor plumbing.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Bob Lusk, GaryK, GrizzFan, PhotographerDave
Recent Posts
Happy Birthday Bob Lusk!!
by Rainman - 03/28/24 02:53 AM
Relative weight charts in Excel ? Calculations?
by Mark Dyer - 03/27/24 10:18 PM
Reducing fish biomass
by esshup - 03/27/24 06:17 PM
New 2 acre pond stocking plan
by esshup - 03/27/24 06:05 PM
1 year after stocking question
by esshup - 03/27/24 06:02 PM
Questions and Feedback on SMB
by Donatello - 03/27/24 03:10 PM
Paper-shell crayfish and Japanese snails
by Bill Cody - 03/27/24 10:18 AM
Brooder Shiners and Fry, What to do??