Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Amhano8r, shores41, MidwestCass, Bucyrus22B, Steve Clubb
18,485 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,947
Posts557,810
Members18,485
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,512
ewest 21,490
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,141
Who's Online Now
5 members (FishinRod, Sunil, Theo Gallus, teehjaeh57, Boondoggle), 1,126 guests, and 247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Fingerling
OP Offline
Fingerling
L
hello to everyone,have been lurking around the edges for awhile and was trying to find an old thread on guests rules for fishing pond.i rember a thread with rules fellow pondmeisters have set for there b.o.w.and was wanting to imploment some of the suggestions in my own ponds.anyone have a link to that or thoughts on the subject?thanks in advance!

Lk223/50
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Originally Posted By: landon kyle
hello to everyone,have been lurking around the edges for awhile and was trying to find an old thread on guests rules for fishing pond.i rember a thread with rules fellow pondmeisters have set for there b.o.w.and was wanting to imploment some of the suggestions in my own ponds.anyone have a link to that or thoughts on the subject?thanks in advance!

Hey, Landon, welcome to the posting side of the forum! Glad you jumped in - keep up the good work!

Here is a thread on the issue. Not sure if it is the one you remember, but it may help you.

Fishing Rules Thread

Todd La Neve

[Linked Image from i108.photobucket.com]
Click Here to Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

1.5 & .5 ac ponds - LMB, BG, RES, YP, GC, HSB
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Man after reading through some of those rules I bet some people have no one fishing their pond.. smile

I believe in catch and release. I catch then release to the grease..

BG. CSBG. LMB. HSB. RES.

[Linked Image from i90.photobucket.com]
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Man after reading through some of those rules I bet some people have no one fishing their pond.. smile

BG. CSBG. LMB. HSB. RES.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
BGK, that's probably close to being true. I know of one pondmeister that rarely fishes his ponds, but he's selling his fish for live display. wink

I know of another pondmeister who's goal is to raise large bluegills. His pond is only 2 years old and he stocked his pond mostly with some fingerlings, but spent the time and effort to stock some 6" and 8"+ fish to get the different year classes established. A co-worker of his wife asked her if he could fish the pond and she said yes. The co-worker said he'd fish with a flyrod, barbless hooks, C&R. No problem, right? Well, when the pondmeister got home, (the wifes co-worker and friends were already gone) he found out that there were 3 fishermen, and they were fishing with bobbers and worms. They left witn an unknown amount of large BG.

Now, if that was your pond, what rules would you put in place after something like that happened??

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
My pond rules are fairly simple.. direct family only can fish without permission and they all know the size limits.. Anyone else (close friends) can't go without calling first to get size limits.. Pick up your trash.. Size limit easily breaks down to keep all BG under 8" (I don't expect them to figure out sex) keep all bass over 14" even trophies, keep all catfish.. Absolutely no keeping trophy gills don't even ask lol simple as that..

But requiring people to use certain tackle, tools, identify fish sex, stomach sampling all bass over 10", vision/hearing test all blugill between 3-6" well you get my point. And I think if your ponds new and still establishing simply don't let people fish.. This is obviously just my opinion

Last edited by Bluegillerkiller; 03/01/11 11:04 AM.

BG. CSBG. LMB. HSB. RES.

L
Fingerling
OP Offline
Fingerling
L
yes, Todd, thats the one thank you for the help and the welcome! I appreciate it very much! I couldn't locate it in the archives, but, then again I'm not very good at navigating this wicked little box with all these funny keys. LOL!

Lk223/50
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Well, geez, landon, living in a place named "Mcintosh," I'd think you would be a whiz with computers! grin

Glad to help and glad that thread was the one you were after. Stick around stay involved - the forum is so much more fun when you post!

Todd La Neve

[Linked Image from i108.photobucket.com]
Click Here to Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

1.5 & .5 ac ponds - LMB, BG, RES, YP, GC, HSB
F
Lunker
Lunker
F
Originally Posted By: esshup
BGK, that's probably close to being true. I know of one pondmeister that rarely fishes his ponds, but he's selling his fish for live display. wink

I know of another pondmeister who's goal is to raise large bluegills. His pond is only 2 years old and he stocked his pond mostly with some fingerlings, but spent the time and effort to stock some 6" and 8"+ fish to get the different year classes established. A co-worker of his wife asked her if he could fish the pond and she said yes. The co-worker said he'd fish with a flyrod, barbless hooks, C&R. No problem, right? Well, when the pondmeister got home, (the wifes co-worker and friends were already gone) he found out that there were 3 fishermen, and they were fishing with bobbers and worms. They left witn an unknown amount of large BG.

Now, if that was your pond, what rules would you put in place after something like that happened??

mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad mad

Mikey

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
I see the pondmeister is still peeved! grin

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Froggy Joe
Recent Posts
New 1.5 Ac pond in NC. YP for harvest is my goal.
by FishinRod - 04/19/24 06:16 PM
Major Fail
by Donatello - 04/19/24 01:48 PM
Muddy pond
by shores41 - 04/19/24 01:37 PM
'Nother New Guy
by teehjaeh57 - 04/19/24 01:36 PM
Protecting Minnows
by esshup - 04/19/24 09:46 AM
What’s the easiest way to get rid of leaves
by esshup - 04/19/24 09:23 AM
How many channel cats in 1/5 acre pond?