Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Shotgun01, Dan H, Stipker, LunkerHunt23, Jeanjules
18,451 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,902
Posts557,119
Members18,452
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,420
ewest 21,475
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,112
Who's Online Now
5 members (Shorthose, Fishingadventure, Boondoggle, RogersTailgate, jpsdad), 858 guests, and 175 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
n8ly, I knew there was something special about you. I'm a live bait fisherman also. Great minds.....

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
Originally Posted By: Zep
maybe....

MAYBE!?!?!?

Think of the money you can save on shipping if you pick up some fish from me while you're there!

I don't know if I'll be playing with electricity around the pond again this year, but I'll be there nonetheless. Not sure yet if the wife and kids will be with me this year.

EDIT: We made the oral argument to the appeals court...other party was a no-show so we hope to stay at our property an hour away the last night.

Last edited by Rainman; 02/10/11 09:55 PM.

Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
I will not be there this year! And I hate that I can't be. But on a good note I will be starting on building my cabin that month so it's all good! I will miss it though. Last year I had a lot of fun and learned a whole lot!!!

Any new guys on the site that are thing about going you need to go. I wasn't sure either till I went! You will learn a bunch of cool stuff about your pond and fish in general if you can you need to go!! It was well worth it. I'm just saying....

The only difference between a rut and a Grave is the depth. So get up get out of that rut and get moving!! Time to work!!
n8ly Offline OP
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
RC51, If you make the conference this year, I will stop in and help you build your cabin for a day or two (or until your food runs out, whichever occurs first) this spring when I travel thru Arkansas.....If I can't fulfill my end of the bargain I will substitute some other pond boss guy to take my place. If that doesnt work out I will send you an encouraging email to help get that cabin built!

Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
n8ly,

Your the man!! Thanks for the offer, and for offering someone else to help me!! smile We will be on a tight schedule with my Dad coming in from AZ so it's going to be all work and no play for a while! I remember Brettski saying how hard it was to keep pushing forward when you just wanted to stop and veg out!! So with that said I have been in the gym for the last 3 weeks and trying to get in shape for this event!! I don't want to be so sore every night that I can't move to hoist my brewski at the end of the day!!! smile

The only difference between a rut and a Grave is the depth. So get up get out of that rut and get moving!! Time to work!!
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
How far is it from the Springfield airport to Big Cedar? The flights stink from Florida to Branson...

Sue Cruz
Vertex Water Features
www.vertexwaterfeatures.com

n8ly Offline OP
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
RC51, That is great news, you and your dad coming to Conference for a couple days! He is gonna be pumped!!

Sue, Here is your info for springfield to big cedar: Springfield to Big Cedar

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Sue, it was about 1-1.5 hours via speeding car if I recall correctly.

It was a not so pleasant return drive early Sunday morning.

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
I'm definately not leaving too early on Sunday! An afternoon flight is ideal after a late night at the Buzzards Lounge!!

Sue Cruz
Vertex Water Features
www.vertexwaterfeatures.com

E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
RC when B'ski was just starting his place (pre-lake and way before his house) I told him the most important key to success was going to be "take time to enjoy the journey". It can't be all work. You have to make time to enjoy life along the way. Ask him now if that was good advice.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
It's a tough rule to follow when you're an absentee owner; every minute there is valuable for progress. That being said, the moments of relaxation and reflection will occur without notice and planning. Sometimes it's right in the middle of a bust-ass project when you see something land onto the pond's surface and just have to stop and grab the binoc's, only to witness the appearance of a bird (or any other creature) that you have never seen before. Or, my favorite, first daylight with a cup of coffee on the dock, communing with nature as you sit and think about what you plan to get accomplished today.

Last edited by Brettski; 02/11/11 12:02 PM. Reason: fix video link
Chairman, Pond Boss Legacy award; Moderator; field correspondent
Lunker
Lunker
Originally Posted By: Sue Cruz
I'm definately not leaving too early on Sunday! An afternoon flight is ideal after a late night at the Buzzards Lounge!!

What's this Buzzard's Lounge? Sounds fun.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Since JHAP isn't going to be in attendance because of the IRS, who is going to tend to the skunks?

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!
O
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
Originally Posted By: teehjaeh57
Originally Posted By: Sue Cruz

What's this Buzzard's Lounge? Sounds fun.

I bet they serve Diet Pepsi. wink

Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
Originally Posted By: Brettski
It's a tough rule to follow when you're an absentee owner; every minute there is valuable for progress. That being said, the moments of relaxation and reflection will occur without notice and planning. Sometimes it's right in the middle of a bust-ass project when you see something land onto the pond's surface and just have to stop and grab the binoc's, only to witness the appearance of a bird (or any other creature) that you have never seen before. Or, my favorite, first daylight with a cup of coffee on the dock, communing with nature as you sit and think about what you plan to get accomplished today.

Bski
I look forward to those moments with my Dad!! Trust me we will take a few breaks! smile I can't wait to be out at the land long enough day after day to really see what goes on out there and catch some of those moments like you said. Eric I will take time to pause and relax. Heck if I know my dad he will more than likely out work me! This will more than likely be the last major project I get to do with my dad so I will relish every minute of it for sure. Once we get started I will take as many pictures as I can and start a cabin post. I can't wait! I am getting excited. Bski what you said above was really awesome! I don't think you realize how heart felt that small post was I can tell you love nature and understand what and how mother Earth works and it's many blessings!! Thanks,

J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
Originally Posted By: catmandoo
Since JHAP isn't going to be in attendance because of the IRS, who is going to tend to the skunks?

Hey it wasn't me that petted the skunk (and no Brettski, that is not a euphemism).

Yep, no conference for me this year.

I highly encourage anyone that has not attended a conference to go. This is a very fun event in which some learning actually occurs.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
Jeff, just file extensions for all your clients!

Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
I cant come.. Will be there next year for sure.. Good thing i didnt book everything like i wanted to and my Wife made me wait until we had the baby.. Have fun and please post as much live info and pics as possible, Im really bummed and will be counting the days until the next one..

I believe in catch and release. I catch then release to the grease..

BG. CSBG. LMB. HSB. RES.

[Linked Image from i90.photobucket.com]
J
JKB Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J
Originally Posted By: Rainman
Jeff, just file extensions for all your clients!

My accountant does that. All I know is that sometime in September, I got to sign a bunch of stuff. My previous accountant use to run postage through Pitney Bowes machines. As long as they were post marked!

Dont even want to know how bad my lawyer...

We wont go there... whistle

C
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
C
I have training the week before and the first couple days of the conference and I am going to the beach for spring break with my in-laws the weekend of and week after the conference. So... No conference for me.

Plus, I am saving so I can actually buy land for a pond of my own... As much as it is fun, playing around with ponds owned by other people just isn't the same as calling it your own.

Everyone going, I surely hope you all have a great time. My money is on a sleeper team winning the bass fishing tournament!

Lunker
Lunker
Originally Posted By: catmandoo

Wow, I almost forgot about skunk herding - guess I did spend some time at the Buzzard Lounge after all. I felt it my humanitarian duty to keep an eye on JHAP -as I recall he was challenging any waitress unfortunate enough to wander by to sturgeon wrasslin in the bay! Thankfully Ricki is a patient woman.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
Wow, TJ, get your facts straight:

1. The skunks were at the pool side bar.

2. The buzzard lounge was that bar that was slightly down the road and that had the rock floor. I can't find any photographic proof that you were at the Buzzard Lounge but I'm sure someone else can.

3. I don't think I ever even saw a waitress, every time I needed an attitude adjustment I had to go find a beverage myself. Heck one evening I was hanging out with Sunil at the Buzzard Lounge and he went in search of an adult beverage... I didn't see him again until the next day.

Ricki IS a patient woman so you got that fact right.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
Lunker
Lunker
Pffft....details - schmetails. There was Jhap, there were skunks, there was sturgeon wrasslin'. The rest isn't important in the grand scheme of things.

R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
Last day to register at a reduced rate for the conference.

Don't forget to sign up for the fishing tourney while you're at it!!!

I made my participation official a few minutes ago!

J
JKB Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J
Originally Posted By: Rainman
Last day to register at a reduced rate for the conference.

Don't forget to sign up for the fishing tourney while you're at it!!!

I made my participation official a few minutes ago!

Glad I never signed up! Dont need a big red truck crashing into me! I feel safer staying here!

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
cro, HC1968
Recent Posts
Dewatering bags seeded to form berms?
by RogersTailgate - 03/29/24 05:45 AM
Relative weight charts in Excel ? Calculations?
by jpsdad - 03/29/24 05:43 AM
pond experience needed
by esshup - 03/29/24 12:45 AM
New pond middle TN: establishing food chain?
by Bill Cody - 03/28/24 07:57 PM
Happy Birthday Bob Lusk!!
by FireIsHot - 03/28/24 07:33 PM
Working on a .5acre disaster, I mean pond.
by PRCS - 03/28/24 06:39 PM
Fungus infection on fish
by nvcdl - 03/28/24 06:07 PM
Can anyone ID these minnows?
by Dylanfrely - 03/28/24 05:43 PM
1 year after stocking question
by esshup - 03/28/24 04:48 PM
Yellow Perch Spawn 2024
by H20fwler - 03/28/24 04:29 PM
New 2 acre pond stocking plan
by LANGSTER - 03/28/24 03:49 PM
Newly Uploaded Images