Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
TropicalKoi, Amhano8r, shores41, MidwestCass, Bucyrus22B
18,486 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,947
Posts557,816
Members18,486
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,513
ewest 21,490
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,141
Who's Online Now
6 members (Fishingadventure, Bigtrh24, Theo Gallus, Joe7328, Bill Cody, Theschack), 803 guests, and 160 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Editor, Pond Boss Magazine
Lunker
Lunker
Okay, gang...when those lures arrive, I'll see how many species and sizes of fish we can catch here. And, I promise to post the photos. Jeff, as soon as the photo shoot is done, Gayle will ship the box to DIED or anyone you designate...at least second day USPS.

Teach a man to grow fish...
He can teach to catch fish...
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Bob:

Make sure you get a tracking number. I've had some bad luck recently with the USPS system when I haven't required a tracking number. i.e. Priority mail taking a few weeks to get there, and regular mail flat out disappearing.

I lean towards FedEx or UPS (depending on who services the destination area better) for stuff that just has to get there on time.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
Originally Posted By: Bob Lusk
Okay, gang...when those lures arrive, I'll see how many species and sizes of fish we can catch here. And, I promise to post the photos.

YAHOO!!!

Originally Posted By: Bob Lusk
Jeff, as soon as the photo shoot is done, Gayle will ship the box to DIED or anyone you designate...at least second day USPS.

Sounds great, thank you sir!

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
B
Lunker
Lunker
B
Originally Posted By: esshup
Bob:

Make sure you get a tracking number. I've had some bad luck recently with the USPS system when I haven't required a tracking number. i.e. Priority mail taking a few weeks to get there, and regular mail flat out disappearing.

I lean towards FedEx or UPS (depending on who services the destination area better) for stuff that just has to get there on time.
Originally Posted By: esshup
Bob:

Please don't scare me Scott! I didn't get a tracking number when I sent them to Bob. FWIW, they went out Monday morning, so hopefully they show up soon.

-Chris
1 acre pond
Currently managing:
FHM, GSH, GSF, BG, PS, RES, LES, YP, SMB, LMB, HSB, RBT, WE, CC, FHC, and Grass Shrimp
Lunker
Lunker
Alrighty then...Gayle has the traveling lure box, has been to LL,2 to look at the Christmas tree. She and Debbie have a plan. It's pretty elaborate.
Here's the story...When our home burned November 2005, we quickly decided to rebuild on that location. It's really pretty. We struggled through Christmas 2005, but in November of 06, as we were building LL,2, (hence the name, Lusk Lodge, 2), we decided to celebrate Christmas at the property. We were living in a rented house in our little town, but we went out to LL,2 almost every day. Debbie and I talked about it and decided to buy a living Christmas tree and plant it across the pond from the house. We planted the tree, put some big rocks around it to sit on, built a little campfire several feet away and several days before Christmas, our family decorated the tree, set up some outdoor decorations, ran a long extension cord from my workshop to light the decorations, lit the fire, roasted hotdogs and marshmallows and had a prayer. We celebrated Christmas there...and then went back to our rented house and gave thanks we were able to have what we have.
Now, next Sunday, Debbie and Gayle will set up the scene at that same Christmas tree. That little fir was about four feet tall in 2006. It survives the scorching Texas summers and now rises above 8 feet. The mission? To shoot a photo for the Pond Boss Christmas card.
For Gayle, it's a photo opportunity with some special lures from our fanatastic Forum friends. For Debbie, it's a chance to spend time at a special place on our property, using her gifts. Both she and Gayle are talented when it comes to color, spacing, visual appeal and bringing into focus those things that make us smile. For Bob, there'll be a renewed purpose for that little tree. As a matter of fact, after the photo shoot, I think it's time to refresh that setting, to pull the weeds away from the rocks, to renew the campfire (which still has the remnants of the last fire there) and celebrate Jesus' birth there again this year. Our kids are a little older, our grandkids are a little older...heck, we have a granddaughter, two years old, who hasn't even met that tree.
If you have a special lure, there's still time to send it on. Gayle will send them back to you, we promise.
My tackle box is already full. The little Christmas tree isn't.
Send them on, quickly. Sunday afternoon is the big day.
Send them to:
Pond Boss
P.O. Box 12
Sadler, Texas, 76264

Or, via UPS or FedEx
210 Hwy 377 N, Suite 103
Whitesboro, Texas, 76273

Teach a man to grow fish...
He can teach to catch fish...
E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
I talked to Gayle yesterday and sent my original Mrs. G' $Gill - a prized fly from George. I also sent the PB story that goes with its creation and naming and its adoption as the original PB Convention lure. That makes several levels of special PB meanings.

Bob when your through don’t send it back to me but instead put it in the PB Traveling Lure Box – it deserves to see some new ponds and fool some other fish.

http://www.pondboss.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=92618#Post92618

Lady G's $ Gill

http://www.pondboss.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=002223;p=1

G
Lunker
Lunker
G
The traveling replacement Road Runner (that Lusk sacrificed to the fishin' gods) should have arrived - sent by mail because I went fishing instead of FedEx ...send it on after Christmas ... remember to fish it slow on 6-12 test line for BIG fish ... ! grin

Eric, I thought your fish had chewed the bucktail off that little Mrs.G's $Gill fly .. thanks for the memories ... cool
It's a fly guys ..... get out the whippy stick when you get it after Christmas.

N.E. Texas 2 acre and 1/4 acre ponds
Original george #173 (22 June 2002)

E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
George you gave me several. That is the first to catch a LMB out of the ponds. I still have a couple more - one of which is well used. I am not crazy - I did not send Bob all of my $Gills - just the first. laugh

Last edited by ewest; 10/15/10 09:33 AM.

G
gayle00 Offline OP
Fingerling
OP Offline
Fingerling
G
Thanks to all who participated by sending lures for the Pond Boss Christmas tree photo. We appreciate you!

Gayle Allston
Editorial Assistant
Pond Boss Magazine
A
Lunker
Lunker
A
I should have paid more attention to the dates - I was gonna send some next week since I had it in my thick head that it was November instead of October. Sorry I missed out.

However, please be assured that I decorated a couple of trees this week with some lures but I don't have pictures. One was my brand new green/yellow Tiny Torpedo - I have left so many of those in trees in Georgia that nobody with a ladder and a saw should ever have to buy one again!

Looking forward to the photo! wink

If you're too scared to throw that bait where the fish are, why did you tie it on?
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
April Newman, georgiaboy27, Keven
Recent Posts
How many channel cats in 1/5 acre pond?
by Theo Gallus - 04/20/24 10:31 AM
Protecting Minnows
by ArkieJig - 04/19/24 11:43 PM
Major Fail
by ArkieJig - 04/19/24 11:32 PM
Muddy pond