Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Shotgun01, Dan H, Stipker, LunkerHunt23, Jeanjules
18,451 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,899
Posts557,082
Members18,451
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,414
ewest 21,474
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,110
Who's Online Now
9 members (Jared015, Freg, Justin W, LeighAnn, Donatello, Theo Gallus, Sunil, homewardbound, DenaTroyer), 778 guests, and 224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 41 of 45 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
+1

My wife and I have just completed building our retirment home. I was inspired/bolstered by this thread along the way to "make it the way you really want it" even if not the easist or cheapest. I THANK YOU SIR!

Bill D.

[Linked Image]
Be Brave Enough to Suck at Something New!
L
L
Very nice, excellent work!

R
Lunker
Lunker
R
Awesome work Bski!!!!!

Last edited by rockytopper; 09/08/15 11:49 AM.

The road goes on forever and the party nevers end...............................................
Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
Ski that's just amazing man! I hope my place can look half as good as yours when I am done!

I just ordered some counter tops for the kitchen the other day! We will be starting to go back to work on her in a couple more weeks. I'll update when I can!

Great work man!! Great!

RC

The only difference between a rut and a Grave is the depth. So get up get out of that rut and get moving!! Time to work!!
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Many thanks to all for the very kind comments. Dski and I are grateful for any number of reasons, least of which is the ability and opportunity to pull something like this off on our own.
We get letters from visitors to our website, asking a myriad of questions about our project, but the most popular, recurring query is: what would you do different...or what was your best decision?
Ya know, as the situations presented themselves to us during our 7 year attack on this gar/apt project, I would say to myself "boy...sure wish I would'a done this differently"....then I fix it and move on. For the life of me, I cannot rip off a list of would'a could'a should'a . But, the one thing that really is a biggie and will forever make a difference to whomever owns and enjoys this crib is categorically easy to remember and understand: put it on the second floor
The view is everything on a project like this (like I need to tell you that). I was concerned for designing this thing with the main living space on a second floor because of stairs, particularly as we leave youth, pass through middle age, and prepare for golden years. Now that we are there, and I have the ability to see the exact same point of reference from the shop which is directly below those 3 big Ewest windows, the proof is self evident. The frame of reference from the first floor is very nice, but the same view from the second floor is, dare I say, spectacular. We knew we were on to something when we first put on the second floor decking. The final product seals the deal.

J
Lunker
Lunker
J
Wow I remember when you just started your project it looks wonderful. Its amazing how time passes. How did seven years pass so quickly?

E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
How about an update pic ?

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Last year, about this time, we had our first gathering with close friends for a bbq and some fishin'. This year is a repeat and has become our 2nd annual bbq gathering. Good food, great friends, and a few hours of shootin' fish in a barrel.

-

-

B
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
B
Brettski! Thanks for the update. We have been wondering. It is such a perfect place. I hope you guys enjoy it for many, many years

"I love living. I have some problems with my life, but living is the best thing they've come up with so far." � Neil Simon,
Lunker
Online Confused
Lunker
Ichiban!

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
B
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
B
Steve, nice to hear from you too. It has been too long for both of you.

"I love living. I have some problems with my life, but living is the best thing they've come up with so far." � Neil Simon,
E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
+ 1 on Bing's comment !!

Always nice to get an update. So very glad You and D are taking time to smell the roses(wildflowers) and enjoy the masterpiece you have created.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Brettski, this is the first time I've posted in a little over three years, I think. Work, kids, and life in general have kept me busier than I wished to be, but your project has always been something I've mulled over in my time away from the PB Forum. What a treat it was to come back and find this thread to see what you and Donna accomplished! Just amazing and I'm glad you're finally "just enjoying" the place from time to time! Outstanding!

Todd

Todd La Neve

[Linked Image from i108.photobucket.com]
Click Here to Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

1.5 & .5 ac ponds - LMB, BG, RES, YP, GC, HSB
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Hey Todd,
Thanks for the props! Yes, we do find more time to enjoy the final product, but we are also finding that the final product sits on a parcel that can be labor intensive for maintenance. It's difficult to keep up with Mother Nature, but that was the deal when we signed on. You know what I mean.
Point me to an update on your project. I know you had ambitious plans. How is the red beast running (Mahindra)?

(ps; the wheels are turning on another structure project....don't tell Dski)

E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
Brettski - my gosh - shocked laugh - you know better than to tease us all with super secret projects. We are waiting !!! grin

Last edited by ewest; 06/02/17 01:50 PM.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hahahaha! The Red Beast is running great, Brettski! Just hit the five year mark on it and, I'm happy to say, it hasn't fulfilled Dave Davidson's dire warning of being a lawyer killer though it's given me a warning a couple of times! I've learned a lot over the past five years and find that it's the most valuable tool I've bought! Things are pretty good overall here. We built a home with my parents and are now living here on the farm and we've done lots of infrastructure stuff. I'll post an update elsewhere so as not to usurp your thread here.

Todd La Neve

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Originally Posted By: Todd3138
Hahahaha! The Red Beast is running great, Brettski! Just hit the five year mark on it and, I'm happy to say, it hasn't fulfilled Dave Davidson's dire warning of being a lawyer killer though it's given me a warning a couple of times! I've learned a lot over the past five years and find that it's the most valuable tool I've bought! Things are pretty good overall here. We built a home with my parents and are now living here on the farm and we've done lots of infrastructure stuff. I'll post an update elsewhere so as not to usurp your thread here.

Hey Todd -- where you been boy? We miss you. Have you been absent because of some relationship to a DUI?

Ken

Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

Peculiar Friends are Better than No Friends at All!
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hello, my dear buddy! No, not because of a DUI, though plenty of folks are still getting them and want to give me their funds to keep them out of trouble!

I've just been doing a lot of things with work and personally and have had to prioritize where my time has been spent. I've decided that this forum is probably about the only healthy online thing I can do and where I can visit (aside from buying ammo! That's always healthy!) and I need to just get back on more frequently.

I'm going to put a few posts together in various parts of the forum to share some updates and pictures if I can remember how to post a darn photo! I have some good ones to share!

I've got a case pending in Hardy County right now and will be back over there in the next couple of months for a hearing. Maybe we can coordinate that with a visit. Let's keep in touch. I've been thinking that I really need to give you a shout to catch up so I hope we can find some time to say hi!

Todd La Neve

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
2017 Annual pondapalooza gathering.

A little more perch activity. About the same excessive Smallie activity.

The YP looked a bit healthier and the smallies were about the same. Found a cray in the YP gut.

-

-

-

-

-

Absolutely zero action from any RES over about 6" or 7".

C
C
Wow, thanks for sharing those pictures. That was really cool to see how big of a crayfish a YP can eat. Of course, your YP are not any typical YP but are JUMBO perch! What do you feed them? I love the dark bars on the YP as well.

E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
Double wow - very nice haul ! Good condition !! Biggest fish ? A couple in the basket look sizable.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Originally Posted By: canyoncreek
What do you feed them?

No my yob! Pond is totally un-managed.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Originally Posted By: ewest
Double wow - very nice haul ! Good condition !! Biggest fish ? A couple in the basket look sizable.

Most all the SMB were similar; they all ran 17" - 19" max. The display YP is the largest, though his brethren in the basket were close seconds. The YP were hitting pretty good in the morning, until about mid morning. Then they shut down like a light switch and it was all SMB.

B
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
B
Brettski - Your results show that when a pond is initially stocked properly with a set of goals in mind, after several years the natural balance will produce a high quality fishery. Nice job, be proud!

aka Pond Doctor & Dr. Perca Read Pond Boss Magazine -
America's Journal of Pond Management
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker

Page 41 of 45 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Bob Lusk, GaryK, GrizzFan, PhotographerDave
Recent Posts
Happy Birthday Bob Lusk!!
by Sunil - 03/28/24 12:39 PM
New 2 acre pond stocking plan
by Sunil - 03/28/24 12:39 PM
1 year after stocking question
by esshup - 03/28/24 11:01 AM
Paper-shell crayfish and Japanese snails
by esshup - 03/28/24 10:39 AM
Brooder Shiners and Fry, What to do??
by Freg - 03/28/24 09:42 AM
Relative weight charts in Excel ? Calculations?
by esshup - 03/28/24 08:36 AM
Dewatering bags seeded to form berms?
by Justin W - 03/28/24 08:19 AM
Reducing fish biomass
by FishinRod - 03/28/24 08:18 AM
Questions and Feedback on SMB
by Donatello - 03/27/24 03:10 PM
2024 North Texas Optimal BG food Group Buy
by Dave Davidson1 - 03/27/24 08:15 AM
Freeze Danger? - Electric Diaphragm Pump
by esshup - 03/26/24 09:47 PM
Newly Uploaded Images