Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
BoomerTC35D, cjschuhmann, Teroni, EGS, Ben Davis
18,530 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics41,013
Posts558,514
Members18,530
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,606
ewest 21,512
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,159
Who's Online Now
2 members (Fishingadventure, catscratch), 870 guests, and 312 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
FlaPond Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Hello Everyone,

I have a 3/4 acre 6 ft deep pond in Florida. I am adding a bottom aeration system. However, my wife also wants a fountain for aesthics that will only run intermittently when we are outside and want to see it. She likes the three tier fountain and we estimated that the center should be about 14 ft. Searching on the web there seem to be a lot of different manufacturers so it is very confusing. Since they are very expensive I don't want to make the wrong choice. Any recommendations?

Thanks,
Dave

What was the best thing before sliced bread?
J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
First off welcome to Pond Boss, thanks for joining in and posting.

If you check on "Pond Boss" in the upper left and then click on Resource Guide" and then click on Aeration Systems and Fountains you will find a list of vendors that specialize in them.

Here's a link just to make things easy for you...
Aqua Control Water Features

Several of the vendors either have photos of fountains in the resource guide or mention fountains in their introduction paragraph.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
G
G
I already had a waterfall pump, so I installed it on a bucket filled with concrete (to get it off the pond bottom) and ran PVC to the surface. I capped the PVC after drilling holes in the cap. Center hole a little smaller to get a higher strean in the middle and larger holes angled slightly to the side. Experiment, the caps are dirt cheap and the effect I got is very nice.

T
T
Originally Posted By: jeffhasapond
First off welcome to Pond Boss, thanks for joining in and posting.

If you check on "Pond Boss" in the upper left and then click on Resource Guide" and then click on Aeration Systems and Fountains you will find a list of vendors that specialize in them.

Here's a link just to make things easy for you...
Aqua Control Water Features

Several of the vendors either have photos of fountains in the resource guide or mention fountains in their introduction paragraph.

I agree Aqua Control is the best bet for great quality fountains and aerators. Recommendations, it depends on the size of the pond/lake. Try to use 1 HP per surface area or better yet, you can use 2 or more smaller units equivalent to 1 large unit. If the pond is small Aqua Control has a fountain called the Evolution Series. This features a 1/2 HP driven floating fountain unit. The pump will produce a 6 Ft high by 15 Ft wide conical pattern called the Tornado. This offers 135 GPM. Also there are additional spray patterns and lights avalible for different tastes. If your looking for something a little higher than the 1/2 HP Aqua Control makes fountains from 1/2 HP to 40 HP, with over 30 spray patterns avalible. I'm shure there something to fit your style. But anyway, Aqua Control is the best company for fountains, aerators, waterfall pumps, etc.
www.aquacontrol.com

Last edited by Texas Fountain; 10/23/10 01:08 PM.
S
Fingerling
Fingerling
S
I recommend getting the best bang for the buck in value. How to equate value to a fountain purchase is to consider warranties of the brand. Like most warranties read the fine print to truly understand what actually is covered. Some warranty what's in the water for a certain amount of time and what's controllinig it for a different length of time. What you must consider is the investment and how your investment is going to be protected for as long as possible and that's why I recommend Otterbine's Aerating Fountain line that has an all inclusive 5 Year Warranty. All inclusive means that everything is warrantied for the same amount of time, 5 years. From the motor, float, pump, pattern, cable, control panel and components all carry 5 years of warranty. Divide the cost of any brand by the length of warranty and that will give you the value of that brand.

Check out www.otterbine.com

J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
We value all of our Pond Boss supporting vendors, which is why I linked the page to a list of all fountain vendors that have the patented Bob Lusk seal of approval.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Recent Posts
Optimal vs. Purina
by Fishingadventure - 05/16/24 12:06 AM
recommendations for northern YP/SMB/BT pond
by Boondoggle - 05/15/24 09:13 PM
Happy Birthday Bob-O
by Dave Davidson1 - 05/15/24 08:25 PM
Repairing Dam with Culvert?
by jludwig - 05/15/24 12:21 PM
Pest Control around Pond
by Ortantyun - 05/15/24 11:22 AM
Building a sprayer for 10 acre farm pond