Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Shotgun01, Dan H, Stipker, LunkerHunt23, Jeanjules
18,451 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,902
Posts557,113
Members18,452
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,417
ewest 21,475
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,112
Who's Online Now
9 members (anthropic, Boondoggle, Fishingadventure, phinfan, jpsdad, Brett B, catscratch, jbird5986, Freg), 644 guests, and 171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
T
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T
It sure is a bumpy road! We were praying for a tumor that has shrunk or at least stayed the same size, Mom's update \:\(

We got the MRI results this morning. The tumor has grown (a little). Matt knew before we told him. He 'signed' to us "the tumor grew" right before we were going to tell him.

We are looking at different options - what is best for Matt. Before his surgery in July we talked to Dr. Goldman in Chicago about a Trial Protocol for Meningiomas.

I will update when we found out what we need/want & can do for Matt.

In the meantime, we would appreciate your continued prayers and positive thoughts.

Peace - Light & Love, Shari

A little snow, Please!
T
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T
Sorry I haven't posted in a while things haven't changed much and Bob and Shari are still waiting to hear back from the Doc's on something new to try. Matt is having trouble with his eyes and they are concentrating on this at the moment. Please continue to pray for Matt and the family they need our strength to keep things together.

Thank you

Bob

A little snow, Please!
O
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
Thanks for checking in Bob. I still get updates from Caring Bridge on Matt. The updates aren't as frequent anymore, but I get to hear how he's doing every once in a while. Continued prayers, of course.

T
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T
Update from Dad, Mom went to Arizona for a week to some sort of convention. Matt is on a new drug and has had his eye operated on so that he can use it a little better. Thanks guys

YEAH.....Matt received his DYNAVOX today. It seems cool but we need training which he will receive at Rehab. He starts Rehab Tuesday where he will be given instructions. Shari comes home today. Yeah, we missed her. We're glad she got to see all of our friends while in Arizona. Matt would like to thank Friend's of Jaclyn for the the chance to be a part of the UMKC team. He also wants to thank All the UMKC Coaches and Players for there wonderful support during the season and at the games Matt was able to attend. I would like to think all the thoughtful folks from the Cole Pray Team, God is great and hears your prayers for Matt. Gob bless you. Matt has tolerated his new medicine well, he is showing no side effects at this time. Pray the medicine is doing it's job and killing the tumor cells. Spring brings life anew and revamps our spirits. I am thankful for all the wonderful people that have helped, prayed and continue to encourage Matt during this time in his life. Thank you all. God Bless you all.

A little snow, Please!
O
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
Thanks, as always, for the update. I continue to get the updates through Caring Bridge as well and look forward to seeing it in my inbox. Continued prayers from Nebraska.

O
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
Bump for more thoughts and prayers. Matt needs everyone right now.

M
Lunker
Lunker
M
Sending prayers from Cali.

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Prayers coming from Texas. Update?

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
O
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
Here's the update from Caring Bridge yesterday...

Quote:
Matthew needs your prayers and positive thoughts MORE THAN EVER! On Saturday morning we found out the results of the MRI. The results were not what we were all hoping for. Actually they are worse than we ever expected. The tumor has grown a great amount and Matt has leakage in his brain. We aren't sure what steps we will be taking for Matthew. Dr. Lewing has suggested we consider Hospice. We have an appointment with her on Wednesday at 11 am.

Peace - Light & Love - The Hernan Family

On another note - the fundraiser went very well! Thank you to all who helped, attended and donated! Special thank you's to the Bright Cherub Preschool staff and to Raymore Christian Church for allowing us to hold the 'MOBILITY FOR MATT' fundraiser at the church.

If you couldn't make it to the "Mobility for Matt" fundraiser - the vendors have their websites open to order. Each site is below - use Matt Hernan or Mobility for Matt as a reference:

www.mygc.com/WilsonScents
http://my2.tupperware.com/helen
www.pamperedchef.biz/marthabailey7331
www.liasophia.com/kephart
www.kerriallis...on.myarbonne.com
www.mysilpada.com/kimberly.wilkinson

T
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T
Omaha thanks

I thought I would share a poem that Matt's cousin wrote in one of his classes. Zach is a senior this year in high school.

Shari & Jim, here's a poem that Zach wrote for English about Matthew. I
thought it was very touching and wanted to share it with you. Matt is
always on Zach's mind. He knows he needs to get over there and visit.
Maybe after he graduates he can come during the day or something.

Gray Haze
You stand there beside me.
There shouldn’t be worry.
The head says otherwise.
The smiles we use to share, the fun we had.
Now that you lay in a bed helpless with every reason to give up but you
fight and fight but I only hope that it’s enough.
You are an inspiration to me.
Tears wiped on the sleeve of my shirt.
I wish they would go away.
Max the dog cheers you up.
He lights up your face like a lantern.
You are a fighter, survivor and champion.
I just want you to be able to play outside and smell the fresh cut green
grass again.
Make this tumor go away!
No more gray haze, just bright clear days.

Thanks for your prayers for Matt and his family

Last edited by trialsguy; 05/11/10 09:26 AM.

A little snow, Please!
O
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
Wow.

R
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
R
Trailsguy, I go to Matt's site whenever there is an update, and I remember
that they just had a fund raiser. I accidently deleted the info, but is
there anywhere that we can send a donation directly to Matt's family?
Please post an address if you think that is appropriate.

Just do it...
T
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T
well I dont know if its appropriate or not but I am going to anyway, I dont want to upset anyone here though. They are in search of a rv to borrow or something to rent I think they are wanting to take Matt on a trip of some sort I havent heard all the details yet

Bob and Shari Hernan
1705 cinnabar drive
Raymore Mo. 64083

A little snow, Please!
R
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
R
tks

Just do it...
T
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T
This is tough, They went to the Doctors today to find out there is nothing left for them to do and I was shocked to hear that they are only giving Matt a month to be here on earth with us! The tumor has grown very quickly.

Thoughts and prayers for Matt and his family please

thank you
Bob

A little snow, Please!
R
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
R
Very sad. When I read the word Hospice, I was concerned.
Don't really know what to say.

Just do it...
T
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T
I know, it doesn't seem right, We noticed that he wasn't getting much better once he hit the plateau but it sure didn't seem he was getting worse or at least the last time I seen him which has been a bit longer then I would like. Its doesn't seem real, like the docs have to be wrong...

A little snow, Please!
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
I have no words. I do have Prayers.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
T
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T

Moms update

We had our appointment on Wednesday with Dr. Lewing. Nonnie came with us and Unk Jim sat with Matt. Unfortunately, the news isn't good. The tumor has grown about 40% and there is leaking into his ventricles. Nonnie and I looked at the scan of the MRI - and...again...unfortunately... a picture says a thousand words. A picture NO Parent would like to see of their child! We were also told Matt could go suddenly.

We are holding on to a message Emileigh received from one of her friends - 'DOCTORS DON'T MAKE THE LAST DECISION, GOD DOES'!!!!!!!!

We met with Hospice "Carousel Pediactrics" yesterday - a nurse and a social worker. Someone will come visit Matt 3 times a week, possibly a volunteer to sit and read with Matt and music therapy. They were very nice and after feeling anxiety all day - it turned out to be a good meeting. They are available 24/7.

Also, yesterday morning some of my Bible study group came over and prayed with Matt. Thank You Ladies! There was a peaceful feeling after and prepared us for the Hospice meeting.

Today we are able to take Matt to the KC Royals game - we get to sit in a Suite! Matt is looking forward to it. Thanks Jeff!

Rhonda & Bright Cherubs Preschool have organized meals for us for the next couple of weeks so we can focus on Matt and not have to worry about dinners! Thank you to ALL of YOU!

We do appreciate your concern, thoughts & prayers! We want you to know - we are not giving up HOPE and still are praying for VICTORY for Matt!!!!

Peace - Light & Love, The Hernan Family

A little snow, Please!
O
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
Not an update anyone wanted to see, but thanks again for keeping us in mind. Prayers will continue, of course. No wonder Matt's such a tough kid, he's got one tough mother. I can't imagine what that took to put that into words.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
I just can't imagnine how strong that family is for what they are going through.

What a fighter Matt is...words are not strong enough.

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

R
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
R
I agree with Sunil...words are not strong enough....Love and faith are though, and both are strong in your family, including that of your Pond Boss family!!! I'm sure all of us have Matt and family in our prayers!!!

Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
To Matt's Family,

At this point what can you say.... Except I am sorry and will continue to pray for you all. I am reminded of what my pastor preched about not to long ago. The title of his sermon was. Bad things happen to good people. Unforchanetly that is all to true on this Earth! While we never know what God has in store for us or what we might go through on this Earth all we can do is our best to get through it and try to understand it all the best we can even if it's not what we want to do or hear. Make no bones about it Matt's family, Matt will one day stand up and walk straight and run and jump with all his might! Weather it's here on Earth or up in Heaven either way it WILL come to pass no matter what he WILL be healed one way or another he cannot loose with God on his side!!!! smile

God Bless You Matt and your entire family,

The only difference between a rut and a Grave is the depth. So get up get out of that rut and get moving!! Time to work!!
T
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
T
Thanks guys man it is so tough to think about the future right now. The family wanted me to thank you guys for your prayers, kind words and donations you guys are the best.

Matt went to the game last night, the boys in blue may have lost but they sure know how to make a kid happy, they put Matt and his family up in a suite and truly have taken care of the family more then you can imagine, I wasn't aware of how generous the Royals and the management were until I talked to Matt's uncle last night. WOW those guys are genuinely good people. picture on the left is Matt with his Mom and Dad Bob and Shari the right picture is his Uncle Jim, he and I are close in age and friendship and I can tell you he is one heck of a guy and really looks after Matt.

Thanks

Bob

A little snow, Please!
O
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
O
Good stuff Bob. Great to hear the Royals took care of them like they did.

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
cro, HC1968
Recent Posts
Relative weight charts in Excel ? Calculations?
by jpsdad - 03/28/24 09:45 PM
pond experience needed
by jbird5986 - 03/28/24 09:39 PM
Alum vs Bentonite/Lathanum for Phosphorus Removal?
by FishinRod - 03/28/24 08:28 PM
New pond middle TN: establishing food chain?
by Bill Cody - 03/28/24 07:57 PM
Happy Birthday Bob Lusk!!
by FireIsHot - 03/28/24 07:33 PM
Working on a .5acre disaster, I mean pond.
by PRCS - 03/28/24 06:39 PM
Fungus infection on fish
by nvcdl - 03/28/24 06:07 PM
Can anyone ID these minnows?
by Dylanfrely - 03/28/24 05:43 PM
1 year after stocking question
by esshup - 03/28/24 04:48 PM
Yellow Perch Spawn 2024
by H20fwler - 03/28/24 04:29 PM
New 2 acre pond stocking plan
by LANGSTER - 03/28/24 03:49 PM
Paper-shell crayfish and Japanese snails