Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Mcarver, araudy, Ponderific2024, MOLINER, BackyardKoi
18,502 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,963
Posts557,987
Members18,503
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,537
ewest 21,499
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,151
Who's Online Now
8 members (esshup, Swamp_Yankee, Bobbss, FishinRod, Pat Williamson, Steve Clubb, jmartin, KenHorton), 1,225 guests, and 266 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Chairman, Pond Boss Legacy award; Moderator; field correspondent
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
As many of you are aware, I try to approach the subject of Cryptozoology with an open mind. Through my brief tenure as a PB Forum member, it seems I've established a fairly credible reputation for proving the existence of "what simply cannot exist" on film.

You may recall my famous Sasquatch video Government agencies are still trying to destroy; and snapshots I captured of the horrible University of Nebraska Department of Veterinary Nedicine PVC Muskrat experiments gone wrong. This time, however, I feel you'll share my sentiments I've truly outdone myself.

For several years I successfully convinced my wife going in on 1/2 side of beef would save us bundles of money at the grocery store. After the steaks and roasts were gone, however, I ended up with 200 lbs worth of freezer burned chuck steaks, beef ribs, and other not so choice cuts of beef.

It's been a long, cold Winter here in NE - and I desperately needed a project to whittle away the time. I received a game camera for Christmas - and while the hundreds of deer pics were nice, I decided to turn it up a notch and put some of the meat to use in a experiment.

While I'm not thoroughly convinced of their existence, this photographic evidence speaks for itself: "GRYPHON!"

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]

J
JKB Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J
Certainly a non-mythological creature that completely missed the mark on the beef.

Did you spook it?

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Well, I'd say it's either a gryphon, or your bird dog jumped so far up a grouse's butt that his head must have been coming out of the beak just off camera! \:D \:D \:D

Todd La Neve

[Linked Image from i108.photobucket.com]
Click Here to Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

1.5 & .5 ac ponds - LMB, BG, RES, YP, GC, HSB
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: JKB
Certainly a non-mythological creature that completely missed the mark on the beef.

Did you spook it?

Good guess - no I was home I think it was near zero degrees this evening.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: Todd3138
Well, I'd say it's either a gryphon, or your bird dog jumped so far up a grouse's butt that his head must have been coming out of the beak just off camera! \:D \:D \:D

Hmmm...a solid attempt at debunking...but I also detect there may be a little shred of a believer in you? I do appreciate your ethusiasm and creativity.

Someone will nail this before the night is through.

B
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Hall of Fame
Lunker
B
Great horned owl!!!! Cool picture it looks like it could be 150 lbs

"I think I have a nibble" Homer Simpson

34ac natural lake

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Great horned owl?
(Blair got me)

Last edited by Brettski; 02/15/10 10:55 PM.
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
BLAIR....you could have waited a little closer to Midnight - sigh.

Excellent debunking. I never knew the GHO talons were covered in feathers like that. Too cool.

Regardless of the outcome here, I maintain the authenticity of my Sasquatch video!

I have been setting out frozen beef for a six weeks now, and I haven't exactly captured the exotic species I was hoping for: Mink, Bobcats, Mountain Lion....rather my visitors amounted to a bunch of farm cats and some coons - but the GHO was a real treat.

Interesting side note - I haven't seen any pix of the cats in a couple weeks. I'm hopeful the presence of the GHO means he made a meal of those cats. Nothing against cats - but the NRCS told me they can devastate upland game bird populations in short order and I have been establishing habitat and feeding my pheasants and quail for the last three years trying to promote their numbers. NRCS actually recommended I extirpate cats if they are 200 yards from their farm....seems a tad harsh - not to sound like a p#ssy but could I really shoot a cat? I think I'll keep the GHO around and have him do my dirty work for me!

Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: Brettski
Great horned owl?
(Blair got me)

Of all guys I thought my fellow amateur ornithologist would nail this....good work Bski!

J
JKB Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J
That is really cool TJ.

I have never seen a GHO.

Not something you would want for a pet that would perch on your arm.

I wonder how Capitan Morgan would be strutting his stuff with a GHO on his shoulder

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Online Content
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Did you know that GHO's are the only predators of skunks, and they are pretty good at picking crows off their roost at night as well. I'll bet that if the kitty isn't around any more that it became an owl pellet.

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
I have minks culling my muskrats, and owls hunting the farm cats? No way, good things don't accidently happen to me!

C
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
C
Awesome pic TJ... I am trying to remember, but I don't think I have ever gotten a confirmed GHO on camera. That is a big one too! GHO are nasty pheasant predators in their own right, but the feral cats are as well. In the end, good habitat is what allows pheasant and quail to do well. The predators will eat a few, but the habitat is key to their long term sustaining populations.

Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
Thought you'd enjoy T. How's our Lake Erie trip shaping up?

SMB 6+, WE 9+, and PB fellowship!

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
An interesting story I read when we went on a long weekend to Santa Fe New Mexico. A pair of Great Horned Owls had, for many years, been nesting in the belfry of the Capitol Building. During some renovations, it became necessary for a worker to go up and temporarily move the nest to one side. Those nests are huge. They waited until the owls weren't at home and a worker went up. When he got there, he saw an abundance of colorful stuff in the nest. They were small dog and cat collars.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
D
Lunker
Lunker
D
Ok TJ, I'll bite. What's the story of the Sasquatch video?

We had quite a few "sightings" of a big hairy half man/half beast thing wandering the woods in Grayson County around the shores of Lake Texoma the last couple of years. No pictures of course but the sightings seemed to end when Lusk went on a diet.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Luskquatch

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Great pictures!

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

Lunker
Lunker
What a bunch of hooey. Never in the history of the Forum has a post been made that was so totally wrong, so completely unbelievable, such a complete and utter fabrication. Such a (dare I use the word?) LIE!

Originally Posted By: teehjaeh57
For several years I successfully convinced my wife going in on 1/2 side of beef would save us bundles of money at the grocery store. After the steaks and roasts were gone, however, I ended up with 200 lbs worth of freezer burned chuck steaks, beef ribs, and other not so choice cuts of beef.

You expect us to believe that you had 200 lbs of unusable beef left from a side? What did you manage to eat, 3 steaks and a pound of hamburger? I didn't just fall off the butcher's truck, TJ. \:\/

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
mis-guided anger...don't pay attention, TJ
Theo's freezer is stuffed with owl

Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: Theo Gallus
What a bunch of hooey. Never in the history of the Forum has a post been made that was so totally wrong, so completely unbelievable, such a complete and utter fabrication. Such a (dare I use the word?) LIE!

Originally Posted By: teehjaeh57

You expect us to believe that you had 200 lbs of unusable beef left from a side? What did you manage to eat, 3 steaks and a pound of hamburger? I didn't just fall off the butcher's truck, TJ. \:\/

Sure TG - no problems swallowing my Sasquatch video but you want to debunk my side O beef story? Let the record show:

Year one: 1/2 side - WAY TOO MUCH, so-
Year two: 1/3 side - still far too much - but I managed to convince Amy that a 1/4 side was far cheaper, and we likely won't be wasting any
Year three: 1/4 side - and I still don't like beef ribs or chuck steaks much

That last purchase was in 07 - 3 failures was all I needed to learn my lesson. I tried contacting local homeless shelters, soup kitchens, etc. and they were not too jazzed about accepting raw beef - so it sat in my basement, in the extra standup freezer I convinced Amy we needed just for our beef purchases - yet remains a sore subject to this day.

Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: Dave Davidson1
Ok TJ, I'll bite. What's the story of the Sasquatch video?

We had quite a few "sightings" of a big hairy half man/half beast thing wandering the woods in Grayson County around the shores of Lake Texoma the last couple of years. No pictures of course but the sightings seemed to end when Lusk went on a diet.

I don't like drawing a crowd - these videos are dangerous testimony there is more to life than meets the eye - a fact of which many groups would rather you remain ignorant. Please, keep this to yourself, Dave.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ljbdMU6F3M&feature=channel

Lunker
Lunker
TJ, you make me feel like the beef equivalent of Bubba Blue the Shrimper in Forrest Gump.

"Anyway, like I was sayin', beef is the fruit of the pasture. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, beef-kabobs, beef creole, beef gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple beef, lemon beef, coconut beef, pepper beef, beef soup, beef stew, beef salad, beef and potatoes, beef burger, beef sandwich. That- that's about it."

We go through about a side a year, filling in some holes in the menu here and there with venison and a half a hog.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame
Lunker
That's a pretty good and compelling video, TJ, but I found this one to be a little more plausible myself.

Bigfoot Caught on Tape

Todd La Neve

[Linked Image from i108.photobucket.com]
Click Here to Subscribe to Pond Boss Magazine

1.5 & .5 ac ponds - LMB, BG, RES, YP, GC, HSB
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: Todd3138
That's a pretty good and compelling video, TJ, but I found this one to be a little more plausible myself.

Bigfoot Caught on Tape

Was that shot by one of your clients detoxing?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Recent Posts
What did you do at your pond today?
by esshup - 04/26/24 10:00 PM
Inland Silver sided shiner
by esshup - 04/26/24 09:48 PM
Non Iodized Stock Salt
by jmartin - 04/26/24 08:26 PM
What’s the easiest way to get rid of leaves
by Bill Cody - 04/26/24 07:24 PM
YP Growth: Height vs. Length
by Bill Cody - 04/26/24 07:12 PM
Happy Birthday Sparkplug!