Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
Ponderific2024, MOLINER, BackyardKoi, Lumberman1985, Bennettrand
18,500 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,961
Posts557,955
Members18,500
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,534
ewest 21,499
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,146
Who's Online Now
8 members (Lumberman1985, catscratch, Lake8, Bill Cody, ewest, Drago, Shorthose, TSan06), 1,475 guests, and 286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
I'm going to start posting here, checking emails, and getting on the Internet in general only in the evenings. Being self employed I'm spending too much productive time here.

Granted part of my business is conducted on the Internet, but it's easy to get distracted i.e I'll just check this website or that and next thing I know it's been 30 minutes or more, but I can still do that in the evenings!

Give me hell if I'm on here during the day! Please!

Thank you all!

Last edited by Cecil Baird1; 01/25/10 07:43 PM.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

R
Lunker
Lunker
R
Cecil! You should have posted this THIS EVENING!

Pond Boss Subscriber & Books Owner

If you can read this ... thank a teacher. Since it's in english ... thank our military!
Ric
T
Lunker
Lunker
T
If you use FireFox, you should get the leechblock plugin. I use it to keep me on-task during classes sometimes.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4476

Ponds in TX, lake place in WI, me in CA
J
JKB Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J
 Originally Posted By: Cecil Baird1
I'm going to start posting here, checking emails, and getting on the Internet in general only in the evenings. Being self employed I'm spending too much productive time here.

Granted part of my business is conducted on the Internet, but it's easy to get distracted i.e I'll just check this website or that and next thing I know it's been 30 minutes or more, but I can still do that in the evenings!

Give me hell if I'm on here during the day! Please!

Thank you all!

Are we really sure this was not a plot by the GSA? Ya know the hole in the ice thing with the lone boot. All I could think of was a mutated GSF lunging up through and leaving a boot as a warning , but I see that Cecil is OK.

BTW: I have the same bad habit. Priorities do exist.

Last edited by JKB; 01/25/10 08:58 PM. Reason: stupid
E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Online Content
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
That is hard to do Cecil. Try setting aside time to work and review and post only a set amount of time a day. Weekends you can catch-up on posts. I know the feeling and can not look at all the posts most days.

Lunker
Lunker
Cecil:
Are you looking for a "sponsor?" you know, like in AA or Al Anon? I feel your pain. This internet has been a big help to me, actually got the home computer when we took over managing these six lakes to fix ours. It's a bit of an end of an era for me. I can't spend as much time either. Not packing it in though. I had an Omen of Sorts. Back when we ran the campaign to get GF elected, I made signs and put them out the day of the HO meeting and election. They didn't put the signs out like usual. I got up at 5:00 a.m. and put about 8 signs out that said "HO meeting tonight, VOTE." Well, they were gone by noon, and then police were cruising my house the rest of the day. I got paranoid and hid the big fat bag of magic markers. I have gone crazy trying to find them ever since, almost 3 years. I "revamped" my lake office, and brought back my sewing center. Guess what? I found the magic markers, hidden underneath the Christmas material - an omen - get back to some of the other things that I love. See, you didn't know I was multi talented did you?

HUSBAND AND CAT MISSING -$100 REWARD FOR THE CAT!
I subscribe too, but tried and failed at the fish logo.
Lunker
Lunker
If you misbehave, Cecil, Sunil will fire you.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
Contrary to rumor the GSA had nothing to do with Cecil's decision.

Being self employed and managing time is always difficult. As you can tell by my post count I'm still working on it. \:D

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
...Hedley Lamarr (that's Hedley not Hedy)
Lunker
Lunker
What is GSA?

J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
I'm assuming 2cat that is some strange form of rhetorical question and not heretical blasphemy.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives."
Lunker
Lunker
Come on JHAP, I'm doing everything to ward off dimentia and Alheizemrs, (I'm a SCRABBLE CHAMP, OK?) and I'm still lost. I'm thinking this is some kind of fish/guy code for something. I keep thinking Gizzard Shad A hole.

Lunker
Lunker
 Originally Posted By: 2catmom
What is GSA?

I keep thinking Gizzard Shad A hole.

I think we banned that guy.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
Hall of Fame
Lunker
OP Offline
Hall of Fame
Lunker
Cecil:
Are you looking for a "sponsor?" you know, like in AA or Al Anon? I feel your pain. This internet has been a big help to me, actually got the home computer when we took over managing these six lakes to fix ours. It's a bit of an end of an era for me. I can't spend as much time either. Not packing it in though. I had an Omen of Sorts. Back when we ran the campaign to get GF elected, I made signs and put them out the day of the HO meeting and election. They didn't put the signs out like usual. I got up at 5:00 a.m. and put about 8 signs out that said "HO meeting tonight, VOTE." Well, they were gone by noon, and then police were cruising my house the rest of the day. I got paranoid and hid the big fat bag of magic markers. I have gone crazy trying to find them ever since, almost 3 years. I "revamped" my lake office, and brought back my sewing center. Guess what? I found the magic markers, hidden underneath the Christmas material - an omen - get back to some of the other things that I love. See, you didn't know I was multi talented did you?

You're too funny Lynda!

No sponsor needed. Today was a productive day!

Thanks all for the kind words.

If pigs could fly bacon would be harder to come by and there would be a lot of damaged trees.

Ambassador
Lunker
Ambassador
Lunker
Yes this site is rather addicting!! I too have a hard time getting away from it. More so now when it's winter time and not a lot going on at the pond.

The only difference between a rut and a Grave is the depth. So get up get out of that rut and get moving!! Time to work!!
Lunker
Lunker
Just in case Cecil:
Step 1: Admitted I was powerless over PBF and my life has become unmanageable.

J
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
J
Come on JHAP, I'm doing everything to ward off dimentia and Alheizemrs, (I'm a SCRABBLE CHAMP, OK?) and I'm still lost. I'm thinking this is some kind of fish/guy code for something. I keep thinking Gizzard Shad A hole.

Just for you, from the archives...

GSA = (1)Green Sunfish Association - just don't mess with them.
GSA = (2)Group of Simple-minded Accountants - just don't mess with them.

I lodged a formal protest regarding the second definition. As per the Pond Boss protest instructions I prepared form 9137-A in triplicate and kept the amber copy for my records and am awaiting the protest hearing date which I understand will be sometime in July of 2013.

JHAP
~~~~~~~~~~

J
JKB Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J
 Originally Posted By: jeffhasapond

Just for you, from the archives...

GSA = (1)Green Sunfish Association - just don't mess with them.
GSA = (2)Group of Simple-minded Accountants - just don't mess with them.

I lodged a formal protest regarding the second definition. As per the Pond Boss protest instructions I prepared form 9137-A in triplicate and kept the amber copy for my records and am awaiting the protest hearing date which I understand will be sometime in July of 2013.

By that time, it wont be Amber anymore.

Don't you just hate it when a receipt fades and you have to have someone in forensics determine what it was for?

By all means, not to hijack a thread, just my biggest pet peeve.

J
JKB Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J
I keep thinking Gizzard Shad A hole.

I think they remove that part before serving them up in fine eateries

Lunker
Lunker
I like the receipts that fade, use them to reimburse myself for out of pocket expenses (it is our company). Just checking to keep Cecil honest.

J
JKB Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J
I like the receipts that fade, use them to reimburse myself for out of pocket expenses (it is our company). Just checking to keep Cecil honest.

Yeah, I have had my share of faded receipts, they go into QB pretty fast now, and I think I own 4 or 5 staplers and keep them attached and where sunlight don't shine.

The true test with Cecil will be within the next six weeks, it takes that long (so they say) to break a habit.

He should have started when he tinkled in his ras tank. He could almost be posting by now \:D

M
Lunker
Lunker
M
I feel you with the whole self employed thing. Working as a private contractor makes it awfully tempting to goof around when I should be doing stuff. Mostly just pre-production, you put a camera in my hands I am all business.

D
Lunker
Lunker
D
I've had to ration myself to once a day here. Some days I use up 3 or 4 days in advance and have to start over.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Lunker
Lunker
If he starts showing up more often, please someone tell him about making a fearless moral inventory, OK?

J
JKB Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J
If he starts showing up more often, please someone tell him about making a fearless moral inventory, OK?

I think he is getting his fix on another website or two. Fessing up to make things look good in one control point often leads to clandestine encounters in uncontrolled points.

Who can imagine what type of positive info he is spewing out, and that is from experience (plus a bit from the news) Withdrawal sucks, but dial up will cure that in a bit. If...

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
cobra01, Dan123, micam5, Rich B, woodster
Recent Posts
Low Alkalinity
by ewest - 04/25/24 02:13 PM
Howdy from West Central Louisiana
by ewest - 04/25/24 02:07 PM
What did you do at your pond today?
by DrLuke - 04/25/24 01:05 PM
Prayers needed
by Zep - 04/25/24 10:36 AM