Pond Boss Magazine
https://www.pondboss.com/images/userfiles/image/20130301193901_6_150by50orangewhyshouldsubscribejpeg.jpg
Advertisment
Newest Members
macman59, jm96, flowindustrial, ksueotto58, John Folchetti
18,480 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums36
Topics40,942
Posts557,765
Members18,481
Most Online3,612
Jan 10th, 2023
Top Posters
esshup 28,502
ewest 21,490
Cecil Baird1 20,043
Bill Cody 15,139
Who's Online Now
1 members (Dieselscout80), 615 guests, and 270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
M
Hey Guys,

Some of you may know me, I've been around here posting a bit here and there, with what limited knowledge I have compared to all of you. But anyway, this post is because I have something to offer to this community.

I have recently had the fortune to collaborate on an idea for a new hunting/fishing/outdoors show. I am not saying I have something that is going to tv yet, but hopefully after we get all our ducks in a row, that is what will happen. Basically so far it has been a blessing from God and I hope he continues to bless it.

Well anyway, I am now on the search for a host for the show. I know that our California people (especially those in Southern California) are pretty limited. I think in fact the closest guy to me is JHAP and he is like 3 hours away.

Basically I am looking for someone who is a real outdoors man. He has to know how to Hunt, Fish, Survive in the Outdoors amongst other things and is also handsome, charismatic, and good in front of the camera. I know i didn't give full information on the show but i don't want to post too much information on the wide wide web yet, after it gets sold, ill tell more.

So if you know anyone who lives in California, specifically the southern part that would be interested in possibly having the opportunity to travel the country fishing, hunting, and enjoying Gods creation, that would make a fantastic host, I would love to talk to them/find out more about them.

You could have them email me and the show with their info, photo, experience etc at OutdoorTV@live.com.

Also, for those of you not in California, I do hope to get some of you involved in the show as things progress.

I hope this isn't way out of line to post this here, just thought of you guys. Mods let me know if this doesn't belong.

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
I vote for Sunil

Lunker
Lunker
He already owns a Volvo.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
I can't wait for his special on Swedish fish

E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
He could also play the background music.

Administrator
Lunker
Administrator
Lunker
Sunil is the man, though he would have to relocate and buy a Z06 Corvette.

Life is Good on Bremer Pond

Bremer Pond Weather
Administrator
Lunker
Administrator
Lunker
Then later a red Ferrari

Life is Good on Bremer Pond

Bremer Pond Weather
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Normally, I might say "thanks for the vote of confidence," but I don't think that is what's afoot right now.

I can, however, offer my property for filming.

We can have scenarios like:

1) We've ran out of beer in the woods! What do we do?

2) How to safely pass out in the woods.

3) Cans or bottles? The pros & cons of each.

Excerpt from Robert Crais' "The Monkey's Raincoat:"
"She took another microscopic bite of her sandwich, then pushed it away. Maybe she absorbed nutrients from her surroundings."

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
safe and thorough preparation of a primitive campsite in the doggie-dunit zone

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
MikeyBoy,
We have completely boogered up your thread. I accept responsibility and offer my sincerest apologies. It's a horrible personality flaw that I cannot control. I often wonder how I even convinced my wife to marry me, let alone live under the same roof.
I will go now and take my med's.

Lunker
Lunker
Surely it was your dynamic personality and good looks that made her not even see that flaw!

HUSBAND AND CAT MISSING -$100 REWARD FOR THE CAT!
I subscribe too, but tried and failed at the fish logo.
Lunker
Lunker
[quote=MikeyBoy]Hey Guys,

Basically I am looking for someone who is a real outdoors man. He has to know how to Hunt, Fish, Survive in the Outdoors amongst other things and is also handsome, charismatic, and good in front of the camera.

Mikey Boy:
How cool is that? This will make you famous. You described Fav Guy to a tee, but he wouldn't be able to get away to this.

M
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
M
Hey again every body. What a hijack to wake up to ha ha. No worries, it doesn't bother me one bit.

"How cool is that? This will make you famous. You described Fav Guy to a tee, but he wouldn't be able to get away to this."

-Yeah, that is probably one of the most difficult things we will come across is finding someone in good ol Southern California. I imagine other parts of our fine country hold an abundance. But if we get the chance to travel around the country we will certainly be looking for people to show us the lay of the land in that particular area.

And who knows maybe it will just offer a chance to sit back and have a beer, or two, or three, etc etc with some of you guys as we travel.

I will continue to keep everyone informed as the process continues \:D

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Good Luck on your search. It sounds like a very good gig!

www.hoosierpondpros.com

http://www.pondboss.com/subscribe.asp?c=4
3/4 to 1 1/4 ac pond LMB, SMB, PS, BG, RES, CC, YP, Bardello BG, (RBT & Blue Tilapia - seasonal).
M
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
M
Thanks, It is a pretty cool thing. Its in its very beginning stages right now, But I have an experienced producer on board who has gotten things sold to television and also has a love of the outdoors. I am going to keep praying that God sees this through completion. If the rest of you don't mind lifting it up once in a while that would be cool too.

Lunker
Lunker
Mikey Boy:
Just think: you can by the girl a big ring after this (not a cheap one like Theo thought of) and live out dreams of pond and horses. It is so very very cool.

M
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
M
That is certainly on my mind and hers. Actually things have really opened up as of recent. I have a music video to direct coming up soon as well as a couple feature films that i might be filming coming up in the semi near future. And then if my show gets sold, woo wee \:\)

Lunker
Lunker
MIKEY BOY PRODUCTIONS!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see it all!!!!

B
Lunker
Lunker
B
Best of luck, MB. You have the drive. I know you will make it happen. Dont listen to 2Cat. Your girl will enjoy a few Shimano Curados, and such more than a large ring, which she cant wear while cleaning fish anyway. \:\)

M
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
M
I will definitely be letting you all know when the stuff is available to see.

Burger- her birthday is on the 29th, so she got a fishing license, and im taking her to get a rod and reel of her choice. I figure thats a way better gift then earrings. \:\)

Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
Ambassador
Field Correspondent
Lunker
MikeyBoy,
Is it possible for you to take a few moments to tell how something like this is done? I mean, how do you start to even put yourself in this position for the opportunity? Then, kinda walk us through the peep's you know (and need to know), what you go thru and how you develop it.
I hope this isn't a burdensome request; I am very interested in how the game plays.

J
JKB Offline
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2015
Lunker
J
 Originally Posted By: MikeyBoy
I will definitely be letting you all know when the stuff is available to see.

Burger- her birthday is on the 29th, so she got a fishing license, and im taking her to get a rod and reel of her choice. I figure thats a way better gift then earrings. \:\)

That might be a decent gift now, and she may tolerate it for now. Just don't push your luck.

Earrings have a specific path on their suspected intended flights to be accepted, not to return to the un-expected party, who was expecting them to be accepted. Even though they were initially intended, but got replaced with a fishing pole.

That is quite a gal ;\)

M
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
M
 Originally Posted By: Brettski
MikeyBoy,
Is it possible for you to take a few moments to tell how something like this is done? I mean, how do you start to even put yourself in this position for the opportunity? Then, kinda walk us through the peep's you know (and need to know), what you go thru and how you develop it.
I hope this isn't a burdensome request; I am very interested in how the game plays.

Well there are various ways to go about it. The first thing you really need is a new idea, or at least an adaptation of an old one where you improve upon some weaknesses. This generally means lots of research, market statistics, and just watching lotssss of tv.

Once you have come up with an idea, and started to assemble a team that is also interested in the project, you can go about it a few diffrent ways.

You can write up a really good pitch and meet with network people and try to sell the show that way.

You can gather some money, shoot a sizzle reel (The highlights of what makes your show great) and pitch that to the network execs, hoping they will buy the show.

You can gather more money and shoot full episodes of the show, hoping to sell it that way.

Each of these have their downsides and upsides.
Probably the most important thing about it though is having a good idea, people who are passionate about the project, and $$$. In lou of lots of money, tons of favors work as well. I recently worked on a television pilot for a much lower rate then is normal, because the producers/director were friends and I want to see them succeed.

That's a pretty basic explanation, but hopefully somewhat helpful

M
Lunker
OP Offline
Lunker
M
 Originally Posted By: JKB

That is quite a gal ;\)

Your telling me. \:D

E
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
Hall of Fame 2014
Lunker
E
This winter weather better break soon or we won't have a single thread on topic !!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Today's Birthdays
Jenna
Recent Posts
How many LMB to remove?
by Boondoggle - 04/17/24 11:26 PM
Opportunistic Munchers
by Snipe - 04/17/24 11:25 PM
1/4 HP pond aerator pump
by Steve Clubb - 04/17/24 11:18 PM
EURYHALINE POND UPDATE